Ozelot (DayZ)

Illegal drugs

there should be tolerances where you the side effects don't effect you as much. but you would have to moderatly take the drug and drugs with higher addiction levels should be harder to tolerate. when you get addicted to something you will constantly need to take the drug or else you will experience paranoia and jitters it gets much worse over time but you can break the addiction over time.

Not true. lol.

Drugs can yes, make you run faster, but it is not the drugs themselves... It is the motivation to get the fuck away from the guy with the cuffs and the taser chasing you, that gives you that extra boost.

You think you're gonna snort some coke or shoot some heroin, and then run a a shuttle run in record time? Hell yeah, if you have a guy chasing you with a pair of cuffs and a gun that just saw you do that drug.

Then you will collapse from multiple organ failure and/or a heart attack.

Sources = Going on two years of Criminal Justice classes, tons of police ride a-longs, a fiance who is an EMT, and a future corrections officer. ;)

no one is going to use drugs in game that don't do shit, other than cause debilitating addictions, derp

so for the sake of it they have to have some useful side effects

no one is going to use drugs in game that don't do shit, other than cause debilitating addictions, derp

so for the sake of it they have to have some useful side effects

I wasn't saying they have no legitimate use, un-derp. Was merely providing information.

I just do not think that drugs can add any legitimate effect to the game honestly.

What can hardcore drugs do for you IRL? Nothing. Morphine and Painkillers (kinda generic talk for Acetaminophen/Hydrocordone ) are already in game, and that is about as much as we need IMHO. Just my opinion.

This is a MMORPGFPS Zombie Survival sim, that has revolutionized so many things in gaming... I'd rather not see it turn into "Grand Theft Auto" or "Scarface: The World is Yours".

Only other drugs I can think of having some use is possibly pills that promote coagulation, or possibly, if sleep is necessary in the Standalone, some kind of energy pills.

Any further, and in my person opinion it becomes detrimental.

Seeing as there are weed plantations on Lingor, I would like to see some big phat doobie blunts please!

Actually, drugs are supposed to be a big part of the standalone. Rocket said it, but I can't remember when or where.

For me, this gets to the heart of a philosophical question regarding why people take drugs in the real world. I couldn't see a reason why a player would decide its a good idea to become addicted to crack in a video game. It will make you less successful at the game.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense from the "I had to take crack to ease the pain" perspective, since over the counter pain killers are way, way more common and available than illicit drugs and they don't have side effects worse than the original symptoms..

• Like 1

For me, this gets to the heart of a philosophical question regarding why people take drugs in the real world. I couldn't see a reason why a player would decide its a good idea to become addicted to crack in a video game. It will make you less successful at the game.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense from the "I had to take crack to ease the pain" perspective, since over the counter pain killers are way, way more common and available than illicit drugs and they don't have side effects worse than the original symptoms..

Painkillers just ease physical pain. People take drugs to ease mental anguish, especially boredom, which is the biggest mental anguish of all.

It's plain and simple , drugs are fun .

There is a difference between use and abuse , and this goes for all lifestyle choices , including alcohol , sex , even spending money .

It's just difficult for many to tread that line and keep things balanced .

I would love to become a drug trafficking ring in DayZ :P

But, like in Fallout, I wouldn't probably use any of them. Just sell them to others

Does crack even really 'take away' the pain? I'd say the only drugs that would realistically do that would be pot or heroine, but since we have morphine which is the refined/cleaner version of heroine ..kinda a moot point. Meth (far as a I know) just gives makes you hyperactive, and a one time feeling of ultimate euphoria (basicly the first hit you ever take on meth makes you feel so good that it burns out brain cells so you can NEVER feel that good again, and you keep taking more and more to try and get back there). Most Methheads I've seen start to get a god complex and think they do things better on meth, "Yeah you handloaded 20 magazines in 5 mins but you loaded 7.62 clips with 5.56 and loaded some of them backwards."

I think the only 'drugs' in game should either be medications or things you could get over the counter, and they should have bad effects if overused (passing out if taking too many painkillers too soon, vision going blurry, losing motor control, becoming addicted to morphine and going through the shakes if you try to go cold turkey)

This topic should be merged with smoking, alcohol, and possibly the topic "give us things we don't need".

It's all about having fun, and finding stuff that has no real purpose than to have some fun with it.

If you find drugs when you just started with a new character, IMO many people would try them, just to see what happens.

than you might die very quickly, or, if you are very (un)lucky, you might find some sweet gear/company, than you'd have to actively search for drugs to keep going..

IMO it's all about finding new ways to spend in game, could be hilarious as hell

• Like 1

yeee nigga imma smoke a fatty while shootin a zombie. Lol sure drug's could be somewhat useful in certain situations but at a cost.

yeee nigga imma smoke a fatty while shootin a zombie. Lol sure drug's could be somewhat useful in certain situations but at a cost.

I'd be pretty surprised if you hadn't said something to that effect honestly....
  • Like 1