rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

How many "Hive" servers are there? Isn't there a way to have Multi-DB's linked to help the load. i.e. dedicated Database boxes?

We could have the loot fix now and be testing it instead of waiting till rocket gets melee figured out.

Things rocket can do:

• be awesome
  • rustle our jimmies
  • google memes
  • post like a reasonable man
  • survive in the indochinese jungle (which is, I daresay, extremely badass)

Things rocket can't do:

• write solid code (hardly anybody on this goshforsaken planet can, unfortunately)
  • work on fixes and workarounds for unfixable issues first, and features later (never add a feature when you could add a fix instead - takes tremendous discipline, no mortal man has it all of the time)

Oh well. It's not like the counterstrike makers were any different, and their mod was massively successful, too. (and much simpler, therefore intrinsically more stable)

Guest ArtTem

It's not particularly fair to treat Rocket like he's a AAA-level development team.

He is more then AAA team.

All the people asking for existing fixes.

Many fixes take time and are ENGINE FIXES. That means weeks' date=' not hours. I could just hold off on the new content for no good reason, but I am not. Melee was relatively easy. The delay now is the FPS and loot spawn is still causing problems.

[/quote']

Ok...nevermind my previous post. Looks like you are focusing on game breakers.

I for one would be perfectly fine though if new features are consuming time for fixing game breakers.... then set them aside.

I would rather Rocket fix the seriously broken shit (like no food/drink spawining) rather than adding new shit. Save that for after the game breakers are manageable.

I believe Rocket said something about holding your tongue on these posts' date=' they aren't useful seeing as how adding melee obviously took only hours, whereas the fixes you are speaking of take weeks. Please read the forum posts before posting.

[/quote']

I was merely making the observation that if these were taking time away from fixing gamebreakers...then leave them aside.

Sorry if I offended your assholiness..... thank you for being the forum police and putting me in my place.

Ah, and I was merely correcting a post no "assholiness was involved." Sorry if you took it that way but resorting to insults is petty arrogance, you should learn to accept when you are wrong, it will help in life.

It was the somewhat condescending attitude that I see far too many in this forum in particular that gets on my nerves.

But its all good.... I will take back the assholiness comment (but the forum police stays... :P )

in the words of John Travolta: "Oh my GAD!"

Awesome time to melee the fuck outa some Zombies :) I remeber a couple deathers when outa ammo and backed into a corner I wished I had a crobar or hatchet to go down in glory.. no it can happen :)

All the people asking for existing fixes.

Many fixes take time and are ENGINE FIXES. That means weeks' date=' not hours. I could just hold off on the new content for no good reason, but I am not. Melee was relatively easy. The delay now is the FPS and loot spawn is still causing problems.

[/quote']

Ok...nevermind my previous post. Looks like you are focusing on game breakers.

I for one would be perfectly fine though if new features are consuming time for fixing game breakers.... then set them aside.

I would rather Rocket fix the seriously broken shit (like no food/drink spawining) rather than adding new shit. Save that for after the game breakers are manageable.

I believe Rocket said something about holding your tongue on these posts' date=' they aren't useful seeing as how adding melee obviously took only hours, whereas the fixes you are speaking of take weeks. Please read the forum posts before posting.

[/quote']

I was merely making the observation that if these were taking time away from fixing gamebreakers...then leave them aside.

Sorry if I offended your assholiness..... thank you for being the forum police and putting me in my place.

Ah, and I was merely correcting a post no "assholiness was involved." Sorry if you took it that way but resorting to insults is petty arrogance, you should learn to accept when you are wrong, it will help in life.

It was the somewhat condescending attitude that I see far too many in this forum in particular that gets on my nerves.

But its all good.... I will take back the assholiness comment (but the forum police stays... :P )

I will accept that is was quite forum policey, but let's just make bygones and I wish you the best of surviving mate.

With Sickboy's help, I just discovered a very very crazy engine error that we have managed to fix. it was the source of all the troubles. Super weird, super crazy, memory trampling issue.

Hooray melee weapons! Now if we can only get them to spawn... ;)

I assume/hope that they'll be relatively silent.

With Sickboy's help' date=' I just discovered a very very crazy engine error that we have managed to fix. it was the source of all the troubles. Super weird, super crazy, memory trampling issue.

[/quote']

That being said, test round 2?

I will accept that is was quite forum policey' date=' but let's just make bygones and I wish you the best of surviving mate.

[/quote']

Cool.... extends hand (with joy buzzer hidden in palm)...ZZZZTTTT ....ahhahahahaha

With Sickboy's help' date=' I just discovered a very very crazy engine error that we have managed to fix. it was the source of all the troubles. Super weird, super crazy, memory trampling issue.

[/quote']

Thx for what you do rocket! :)

Any update on release? my friend is bleeding out and we can't find bandages anywhere..

They've just solved the engine error mate, we'll let Rocket do his thing, I'm sure he's got to test it, and it will be released soon enough.

[/quote']

Source of all the troubles fix eh? Just wondering if you could expand on this please :)

Also I replied to your post earlier when you asked for more details on the tent bugs. Can we expect any fixes for this in 1.7.1.2? They are extremely annoying and also allows players to duplicate items.

I don't think I have enough cheese for all the whiners on here.

you know you're enjoying the game. so, the best way to pass the time, while waiting for the hotfixes and updates, is to play this game.

if you spot a bug, then post it, get off, and play some more!

[/quote']

Good to hear! :)

[/quote']

Fuck yeah, is it gonna be in 93826+?

Memory trampling sounds like the answer to code working hit and miss for some features.

At first I thought that Rocket's last post was totally a 'Trololo,lololo,lololo', but now I am not entirely sure.