Sign in to follow this  
TFCxAddict

Unplayable Lag in Big Cities with Decent Setup

I've tried literally everything, and no matter what, I can't get above 20-25 FPS in cities such as Cherno and Elektro (even on normal settings throughout).

My [important] specs are as follows:

GPU: GTX 670

CPU: i7 3770k @ 3.6 GHz

RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz

I know those aren't my full specs, but my other specs probably wouldn't matter too much.

It's obviously known that DayZ is terribly optimized, but my setup should be able to run it at 40 fps at least in the cities... And yes, like I said, I [try to] play at normal settings.

Also, I do have quite the amount of fans that I've thrown into my case, so it's not heat that's the problem (Max GPU temp is 60C and max CPU temp is 55C). I've tried about 10 servers and have no luck on any. Each server I try has a ping of below 40-50 ms in relation to me, so I really don't understand this. I've tried every config trick, updated drivers for everything, etc. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

How low do you go? I mean i get like 8 fps in big cities and there is basically no way to fix it. But yeah.....

How low do you go? I mean i get like 8 fps in big cities and there is basically no way to fix it. But yeah.....

In the middle of the cities I can get down to 15 fps. I mean, seriously, does Rocket run DayZ on like 9 GTX 690s or something?

I've tried literally everything, and no matter what, I can't get above 20-25 FPS in cities such as Cherno and Elektro (even on normal settings throughout).

My [important] specs are as follows:

GPU: GTX 670

CPU: i7 3770k @ 3.6 GHz

RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz

I know those aren't my full specs, but my other specs probably wouldn't matter too much.

It's obviously known that DayZ is terribly optimized, but my setup should be able to run it at 40 fps at least in the cities... And yes, like I said, I [try to] play at normal settings.

Also, I do have quite the amount of fans that I've thrown into my case, so it's not heat that's the problem (Max GPU temp is 60C and max CPU temp is 55C). I've tried about 10 servers and have no luck on any. Each server I try has a ping of below 40-50 ms in relation to me, so I really don't understand this. I've tried every config trick, updated drivers for everything, etc. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

I run an i5 3550P with a 1GB GTX 650 and I hit 30-40 FPS in Cherno and elektro with everything maxed.

5k view, Normal Shadows, Post Process off, Vsync off, antialising off.

You should be running better than me, much better.

I run an i5 3550P with a 1GB GTX 650 and I hit 30-40 FPS in Cherno and elektro with everything maxed.

5k view, Normal Shadows, Post Process off, Vsync off, antialising off.

You should be running better than me, much better.

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever...

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever...

Try a lower population server, it's probably not what you want to hear, but some higher pop servers with 10+ people in cherno, tons of zombies, and private hives with maxed out loot spawns are obviously going to have some lag.

If you are only trying on public hives, try on private ones (and vice versa).

Edited by TheBambiAvenger
  • Like 1

Try a lower population server, it's probably not what you want to hear, but some higher pop servers with 10+ people in cherno, tons of zombies, and private hives with maxed out loot spawns are obviously going to have some lag.

Alright, that might be just it. I tried disabling Vsync (my monitor is 60 Hz) to prevent tearing when my FPS was higher, and that did make it somewhat playable. I always play on highly populated private hives, so I'll give lowly populated publics a try. I'll give an update on what happens afterwards.

Alright, that might be just it. I tried disabling Vsync (my monitor is 60 Hz) to prevent tearing when my FPS was higher, and that did make it somewhat playable. I always play on highly populated private hives, so I'll give lowly populated publics a try. I'll give an update on what happens afterwards.

Wow, that actually mostly fixed it! I was able to get 30-35 fps in the center of Cherno with even higher settings than I had previously. Thanks for the help!

It's a very common problem that i7 processors perform really badly around cities in ARMA 2 / DayZ.

Almost every person that I've seen complaining about poor performance around cities have had an i7. At least a very big portion.

It's a very common problem that i7 processors perform really badly around cities in ARMA 2 / DayZ.

Almost every person that I've seen complaining about poor performance around cities have had an i7. At least a very big portion.

Are you sure about that? It seems unlikely that the generation of processor could effect the performance of a game so much.

Meh, you could easily be right, it's quite strange that people with lower-performance GPUs are getting better gameplay than me.

Wait a minute... If anyone can help me, I just realized something.

The problem appears to be microstuttering, and it only happens when I'm zoomed out. When I zoom in, it's smooth as can be... Anyone have a fix for this?

Are you sure about that? It seems unlikely that the generation of processor could effect the performance of a game so much.

Meh, you could easily be right, it's quite strange that people with lower-performance GPUs are getting better gameplay than me.

Well, considering the fact on how poorly optimized the ARMA 2 engine is, it might conflict with something within the i7 processor.

As for microstuttering, I'm clueless.

Wait a minute... If anyone can help me, I just realized something.

The problem appears to be microstuttering, and it only happens when I'm zoomed out. When I zoom in, it's smooth as can be... Anyone have a fix for this?

Exactly the same here!