Sign in to follow this  
couveszemog

DayZ Standalone for Mac

I have a Windows Desktop but I have a Macbook aswell and all I miss in my laptop is playing DayZ thus I would love to see a DayZ version for Mac when the standlone is released. It would be amazing if you made that possible. Great job with the mod so far! Big props to the Devs.

Edited by couveszemog

Or you can sell the mac and build a new desktop like any sane PC gamer would do.

• Like 5

I wouldn't be surprised if a Mac version was made available somewhere down the line.

For now you can use Boot Camp (or similar software) to run Windows on your Mac though.

I have a Windows Desktop but I have a Macbook aswell and all I miss in my laptop is playing DayZ thus I would love to see a DayZ version for Mac when the standlone is released. It would be amazing if you made that possible. Great job with the mod so far! Big props to the Devs.

As you can see, even forum software is hard to do for macs, so I'm affraid, will be problem with dayz for macs...

I thought a little about it, and finally should be no problem to change all weapons textures to white.

Edited by Dudeist

I was wondering this as well. It would be nice, but considering BI doesn't really make Mac software, I wouldn't bet on it. I think Arma Tactics is the only game I've heard will run in a Mac OS.

Edited by entspeak

Macs are slow machines for highly intensive games for Arma 2, Standalone will run on the Arma 2 engine, so I highly doubt that it will be available for Mac. You may be able to play standalone in the future on Mac unless Apple steps up their game on stuff. Why even ask this question?

Someone mentioning a Mac on a forum of a demanding game?..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop where you are... Long live Windows!

Macs are slow machines for highly intensive games for Arma 2, Standalone will run on the Arma 2 engine, so I highly doubt that it will be available for Mac. You may be able to play standalone in the future on Mac unless Apple steps up their game on stuff. Why even ask this question?

Wow, how misinformed and ignorant you sound.

Guess what, I can play Battlefield3 on Mac.

• Like 1

Yes, this my Mac - not too shabby for horsepower or graphics ;) Certainly fast enough for gaming.

-snip-

How much did you pay for that Mac?

Just run bootcamp and boot fully in PC (not virtual box or anything).

Guy who said macs are slow for intensive games....seems to be slow himself. The high end macs are very fast but pricey of course.

As for gaming, if you own a Mac better to just boot your mac in PC rather than hoping / waiting for a mac release :)

Edited by Big_T

How much did you pay for that Mac?

It's a Hackintosh (off retail disk so not pirated).

There's a bootloader when you switch the machine on and you select which OS you want to load. BIOS file is shared and a couple of kexts are needed to be installed on OSX for internet and sound to function correctly. But it does run natively and make full use of CPU/GPU/memory etc.

I do most of my gaming on WIndows side, but flip to OSX if sequencing, or playing X-Plane/Kerbal.

OSX is great - perfect for music and video production, but yes Apple do overcharge for their hardware. This way you can have best of both worlds. (PC hardware and choice of OS to use).

Edited by Horde