dgeesio

can we please stop donations for gear servers !

noticed a alot of servers are starting to do this !

pay certain amount a month and get free as50 or hero skin or whatever :rolleyes: this goes against everything that is dayz.

would be nice if this can be stopped or hopefully limited to what can be given by admins on servers for standalone as whats the point of playing if admins ar just giving people best gear everytime they spawn :rolleyes:

some may say but it helps pay for server but it also goes against the whole point of dayz. whats the point of scavenging or collecting stuff if admin just says here you go every spawn?

it may not be all servers but as many increase doing it it will only grow and happen more until it is common place on every server.

can this be stopped for standalone ?

what are your thoughts on pay to get good gear every spawn ?

• Like 2

You can't really stop it unless Rocket had an issue with it, but people enjoy different things. Let them be, this is the Internet.

My suggestion is a find a Server that doesn't do it ... that would be easier then trying to stop it.

PM if you play on European servers and I will give you the details to my Private Hive and Public Hive servers. :)

I do not give free loot and do not expect donations ... I host servers so I can keep an eye on Skiddies while I play. :)

pay certain amount a month and get free as50 or hero skin or whatever :rolleyes: this goes against everything that is dayz.

would be nice if this can be stopped or hopefully limited to what can be given by admins on servers for standalone as whats the point of playing if admins ar just giving people best gear everytime they spawn :rolleyes:

some may say but it helps pay for server but it also goes against the whole point of dayz. whats the point of scavenging or collecting stuff if admin just says here you go every spawn?

it may not be all servers but as many increase doing it it will only grow and happen more until it is common place on every server.

I hear what you are saying it's pathetic but the way I look at it is if these guys are daft enough to pay for kit they will probably lose and can only use on a small amount of servers then it's upto them. besides that it keeps the nuggets from the decent servers I play on!

• Like 2

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know from experience that running decent servers can prove to be expensive (AUS servers especially so) but paying money to obtain gear goes against the whole DayZ ethos and I'm sure in the past people may even have made money from doing it which for a free mod just isn't right IMO.

There's better ways of going about it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Its basicly a hidden pay2win. You pay money, get gear and win. Except sometimes it isnt even that. Ive seen servers where you for a 15$ donation would get a M9 instead of Makarov, with 3 mags instead of 2, and a map. But i guess if people are darft enough to pay for it, let them waste their money.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know from experience that running decent servers can prove to be expensive (AUS servers especially so) but paying money to obtain gear goes agains the whole DayZ ethos and I'm sure in the past people may even have made money from doing it which for a free mod just isn't right IMO.

There's better ways of going about it.

I'll leave a bad taste in your mouth...

• Like 6

hehe what you could do is...finding out where they are from and write a mail to the fiscal authority of their country with the link to their homepage ;)... then you play the waiting game (well it is not the nicest way...but surely strictly legal)

edit:

i just want to know, we are not talking about expense allowance, are we?

Edited by joe_mcentire

I'll leave a bad taste in your mouth...

You haven't even bought me a drink yet, I'm not cheap.

Back on topic :)

• Like 5

a fool and his money are easily parted.

If there are a few dimwits out there who don't get that the effort spent in achieving something generates it's own sense of reward and would rather buy gear than experience the simple pleasure of discovering it then they deserve to be fleeced.

If you don't want to pay for it then good for you, you can take comfort from the fact that you are not a lazy, joyless twat.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm half and half with this. It does take away that survival objective of the game but my god the firefights are so intense and can last hours as I have found out :D. But also these servers cost a lot of money and doing this can help pay for the server but you can always just change servers it's just up to you what you like the survival objective or a clan bloodbath firefight :D

haha thing is for eg last night the server i went on a guy was donating like 15 quid a month just so he gets as50s on respawn :rolleyes:

so imagine a very busy server they making a mint not just paying for servers its a joke !

if these files and such wer locked down or made so peopl doing this couldnt do thes servrs then it wouldnt happen. or maybe th server could be blacklisted private or not !

some will say let em be fleeced thing is as more and more do it it will become more common place until it is normal practice. nip it in the bud early ;)

was hoping a dev may shed some light on whethr this will be possible in standalone

This is one of the big reasons behind the strict ruling of no private servers in the beginning.

Standalone is going to have a strict no private server/hive ruling for the first while in order to stress and make sure everything is running properly before allowing the community to get their hands on it and openly run their own private hives.

Of course the moment private hives and servers are available the exact same paid for perks will happen, it's out of the control of the devs. However donation perks will not be seen on the public hives.

The only way to entirely stop this behavior would be to completely lock down the mod and provide dedicated servers and not allow the public or hosters to run their own servers on the hive.

It's not really a problem. The situation can be avoided, by not playing on those kind of servers, there are thousands of private servers and there are THOUSANDS of private servers that don't use this kind of system.

Or would you go into the pool if you couldn't swim?

i thought that servers were for non-profit use?

Where is it said that private servers were for non-profit use? It's not really a copyright infringement either since they are not selling anything that has to do with DayZ rather than renting a machine to host a DayZ private server. It's can't be stopped and it shouldn't be.

Edited by Snilex

Private servers cost money to have, to earn that money they either have to pay for it themselves or they can have donations. To get donations they need to reward their players in some way. If you are against that, by all means choose NOT to play on those kind of servers and stop whine about it. I don't see the problem.

servers cost very little, you can get one for £5 a week, if you have a clan and a few of you chip in that could be as little as 50p each a week, the reward for donating should be access to a friendly well run server and should not be high end gear.

i thought that servers were for non-profit use?

'swhy it's called a donation and not a purchase, anyway who's gonna police it?

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2

no.... this is only private hives that do this, and they can do whatever they like :)

DayZ has become a mess of shitty servers and hackers, I'm hoping the standalone will have strictly vanilla servers for atleast a while and no bullshit like extra starting gear.

• Like 2

It's not really a problem. The situation can be avoided, by not playing on those kind of servers, there are thousands of private servers and there are THOUSANDS of private servers that don't use this kind of system.

Or would you go into the pool if you couldn't swim?

Where is it said that private servers were for non-profit use? It's not really a copyright infringement either since they are not selling anything that has to do with DayZ rather than renting a machine to host a DayZ private server. It's can't be stopped and it shouldn't be.

well no it should be stopped, like alot of people in this post said, donating to a server generally gives you some sort of head start in game, demolishing the point of dayz.

Its a private hive.... Gotta love the troll posts.......

Move on ......

You can't necessarily stop it. As long as people have private hives, and need money to run those private hives, it's going to keep happening. Not saying a totally agree with it, but if I ran a server myself, I would probably do it just so I could pay the rent on the server to keep it up.

well no it should be stopped, like alot of people in this post said, donating to a server generally gives you some sort of head start in game, demolishing the point of dayz.

Then let them ruin their fun. It is their story after all, right? Just play the game how you want to, and let them play how they do! Very simply!

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

Don't understand the fuss - if I don't like a server's policy, I don't play there. If people want to play on it, that's their call, but as long as I'm not forced to, I don't care. Like Box pointed out, it keeps the idiots off the servers I like to play on.

• Like 2