rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

Literally anyone could do that. I have alot of respect for the Dev Team

Coming from the guy who organized a Reddit hate rally against the Cans in game I find that extremely hard to believe.

Coming from the guy who organized a Reddit hate rally against the Cans in game I find that extremely hard to believe.

Internet hate rally? Are you fucking kidding me? Way to blow it out of proportion ten-fold.

Here's my original post http://www.reddit.co...h_the_terrible/

Now why don't you ACTUALLY read it this time and point out what exactly makes it the start of a "Hate Rally" to you. Because the only negative thing I said about the mods is that they were on an ego-trip which I crossed out within minutes after creating that post because I found out the mods had no say. If I really was trying to start a fucking hate rally I would've just left it be.

According to you me making a post pointing players who share an opinion to the forums under to state why they disagree with the new update = An "internet hate speech"?

If someone has a different opinion they must be no-good hate groups?

Yep that's totally it bro, you're a genius alright.......

And the comments in the thread I obviously have no control over and people may have said some shit that would be considered "hateful" but I'm not to blame for that. In fact that was entirely them.

Maybe next time why don't you actually fucking read before coming off as a moron?

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 2

Gonna catch you all, Canomon !

303li77.jpg

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 11

Hey guys. I took this long way to page 20 to get it.

I don't get it.

You are arguing about what?

Why is this.....what?

Maybe i'm wrong but this is....what?

Honestly, don't get it.

I'm out! Playing DayZ! B)

PS: Dear rocket, where did you get your seals? My dealer is on vacation and mine are all clubbed.

Basically it's about the following:

1. People saying "it's all about the cans *bawl*".

2. Other people saying "hey, it's not about the cans but more about communication and the bigger picture"

3. Goto 1

It's quite pathetic really!!!!

• Like 1

its just cans of food with different labels on the actual can what the fuck are people getting so pissed about the only can they should be getting rid off is mountain dew mainly because of the mountain dew curse o_o. Haters don't critasise cans not even haters just players get over the it its can the dayz community needs to get over it.

• Like 1

Internet hate rally? Are you fucking kidding me? Way to blow it out of proportion ten-fold.

Maybe next time why don't you actually fucking read before coming off as a moron?

Screaming and swearing at everybody who disagrees with you is a much more effective way to come off as a moron.

they are CANS

http://i49.tinypic.com/303li77.jpg

Yes very game destroying.

• Like 1

-snip-

Your whining ruins the immersion for me. Please remove yourself from the premises.

• Like 2

Screaming and swearing at everybody who disagrees with you is a much more effective way to come off as a moron.

they are CANS

http://i49.tinypic.com/303li77.jpg

Yes very game destroying.

Yeah that's right completely avoid the the actual point of that comment because you know you're wrong and try and change the topic.

But anyhow if you want to talk about the cans (again) for the hundreth time fine.

As I've stated before I like the cans, never said I didn't like them at all. The way they look that is. What I had a problem with was the names. And not even all the names, just the few offenders. But the reason I generalized all the mods on the Reddit post was mostly because others disagreed with all the names too. For some reason , others didn't like the way they looked or thought it was too much. Personally I liked the idea of having several different types of food to look at instead of the same old boring cans of pasta and beans , coke and pepsi, but it's the names of the ones like R4Z0R or Herpy Dooves or mZLY yZLY that are idiotic and were a mistake to put into the game.

Hell, I didn't even have a problem with the fact that it was to give the mods a bit of recognition after I found out it wasn't them trying to force their names into the game for popularity, but still things like R4Z0R and mZLY yZLY couldn't be something a little more disreet? And personally I thought the whole Herpy Dooves thing should have been scraped alltogether because while is was a mods name it's still an internet pop culture reference to My Little Pony which many obviously didn't like just for that reason but other than that it was a bad name, and even if canned muffins are a thing , it's still kind of stupid.

If it had actually gone the way I hoped, the Dev Team would have just changed the names of the major offenders or all of them in general instead of removing every single one. And I'm hoping in the next patch/update that's what they'll do.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that this discussion would have not been that intense if the changelog would have been more detailed. The changelog did imply that those are the actual names of the food items, while in fact it was "only" written in the item description. A proper screenshot of the food in game or a better explanation of the implantation maybe could have prevented most trouble.

Maybe people verifying the info by themself before feeding a drama could have prevented most trouble ?

But yeah it's internet.

• Like 1

Gonna catch you all, Canomon !

303li77.jpg

People actually said that removed immersion for them? You can barely read the names.

I don't think anyone complaining about ruining immersion even played the new update. FFS

• Like 6

This is... This is the sadest thing I have EVER hade the misfortune of reading on a forum. Ruining the game? RUINING THE GAME?! Seriously?! Wow, I dont even know where to start.

And seriously, ppl stand behind your claim, and you dont even realise your resposinble? Yeah, history havent proven that claim to be completly retarded. Not at all. Oh wait....

So the devs are giving something back to the mods, in the game, which they spent countless more hours then any of your whiners have on actually playing the game. A small thing, which even adds some veriety for the players, and you get hung up on the NAMES?! Oh man... Talk about beeing an ungrateful brat. Everyone involved in this mod, as well as the stand alone game, are doing, IMO, the most enjoyable game on the market at the moment. It all even started out as a private project, with no money involved, just their own spare time. To create something for US, the players. Sheeeesh...

• Like 1

This is... This is the sadest thing I have EVER hade the misfortune of reading on a forum. Ruining the game? RUINING THE GAME?! Seriously?! Wow, I dont even know where to start.

And seriously, ppl stand behind your claim, and you dont even realise your resposinble? Yeah, history havent proven that claim to be completly retarded. Not at all. Oh wait....

So the devs are giving something back to the mods, in the game, which they spent countless more hours then any of your whiners have on actually playing the game. A small thing, which even adds some veriety for the players, and you get hung up on the NAMES?! Oh man... Talk about beeing an ungrateful brat. Everyone involved in this mod, as well as the stand alone game, are doing, IMO, the most enjoyable game on the market at the moment. It all even started out as a private project, with no money involved, just their own spare time. To create something for US, the players. Sheeeesh...

This was extremely painful to read. Why don't you type a coherent paragraph and then come back and post again so that maybe someone will actually be able to understand what it is you are saying.

Your first sentence describes the rest of your statement perfectly.

Edited by NewClearWinter

This was extremely painful to read. Why don't you type a coherent paragraph and then come back and post again so that maybe someone will actually be able to understand what it is you are saying.

vLNAaUY.png

English is presumably not his first language. Give him a fucking break.

Edited by Willy Wonka
  • Like 4

I understood him Quite clearly....... insulting other posters an admins does not make you cool dude.

• Like 5

I understood him Quite clearly....... insulting other posters an admins does not make you cool dude.

Says the guy calling me out on starting an "internet hate rally" like I'm literally Hitler or something. Which it turns out you were just talking out of your ass or didn't even read the post because you changed the subject pretty quick instead of backing up that petty accusation.

Edited by NewClearWinter

Says the guy calling me out on starting an "internet hate rally" like I'm literally Hitler or something. Which it turns out you were just talking out of your ass or didn't even read the post because you changed the subject pretty quick instead of backing up that petty accusation.

says the guy who keeps screaming like an immature kid at anyone who disagrees with him...... seriously what is your problem ?

I dont need to have a long drawn out argument, your "F**k cans and anyone who approves of them" attitude is well documented.

says the guy who keeps screaming like an immature kid at anyone who disagrees with him...... seriously what is your problem ?

I dont need to have a long drawn out argument, your "F**k cans and anyone who approves of them" attitude is well documented.

Really? Do me a favor then and go find and quote all these "Fuck cans and anyone who approves of them" statements then because I'm genuinely interested if you are just making more stuff up or I'm going crazy. Obviously I was FOR the removal of the names on the cans, but never did I say anything along the lines of "hey guy fuck you and your opinion" unless they came off as aggressive first.

Edited by NewClearWinter

Someone did understand what he was saying, i do admit it wasn't the best post i have read but you could still understand it. The majority of the people that were upset wouldn't have been upset if there name was added into the game on a soda can in the description. However i didn't like some of the names that were added such as Derpy Hooves for the same reason posted above in NewClearWinter's post. Now that the users have gotten there information straight the bashing should start to decrease.

Edited by keosan24

Lol the duping bugs are fine but when a god damn can gets a silly name OOHHH GOOODDD THIS RUINED THE MOD OHH NOO I CNT B3 A PR0 M1G SN1P3R N0 M0R3 B CUZ OF S1LL13 C4N N4M3S. Like seriously of all things people complain of a completely non game breaking addition to honor the mods?

• Like 1

Are people really that mad about the new food :D LMFAO!

I got a tip for you. If you don't like the derbyhooves whatever, then don't pick it up. I'm doing exactly the same thing with Pepsi vs Coke, I pick up Pepsi :P

Pepsi, Yuck, cool though leaves the coke for me. :)

• Like 1

Really? Do me a favor then and go find and quote all these "Fuck cans and anyone who approves of them" statements then because I'm genuinely interested if you are just making more stuff up or I'm going crazy. Obviously I was FOR the removal of the names on the cans, but never did I say anything along the lines of "hey guy fuck you and your opinion" unless they came off as aggressive first.

Errrr... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/125793-the-notorious-can-incident/page__st__400#entry1211395

Seven posts earlier for starters......seriously just quit and save some dignity.

Errrr... http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1211395

Seven posts earlier for starters......seriously just quit and save some dignity.

Yeah that had nothing to do with the cans. I wasn't saying that because I disagreed with him about the cans I was saying that because his spelling was terrible and his sentences didn't really make sense.

Even if he had disliked the can names I still would've said what I said.

But nice job not finding anything that actually has anything to do with me shitting on people for supporting the cans or the part where I say that I hate the cans and everyone who likes them.......

Maybe it is you who should just stop.

Edited by NewClearWinter

It seems like this thread has transformed into a cesspit of hate and everything else that is putrid.