r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

could someone please tell me what i do with the toilet paper, cause i got 20 of them in my car and have no clue how to use them.

from what i've seen it's an item added to the trash loot table. As well as razors.

A person with the nickname "Pozzuh" posted this on the reddit subforum for DayZ:

Also Razors, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129507630. Both items were added as junk loot.

trash[] = {

{

"TrashTinCan",

"TrashJackDaniels",

"ItemSodaEmpty",

"ItemTrashToiletpaper",

"ItemTrashRazor"

},

Edited by LeYuno

could someone please tell me what i do with the toilet paper, cause i got 20 of them in my car and have no clue how to use them.

Raid a camp and replace all their guns with toilet paper.

It's just trash loot, replaces some of the tin cans you find everywhere.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

1) You chose to purchase Arma 2 and OA, which are themselves cracking games in their own right in order to play this mod. You gain no entitlement from doing so. This was entirely optional on your part, it was a free choice you made to purchase another game in order to play the mod, you could have said "nope, going to wait for a standalone version".

2) No, it is not an alpha for the standalone, the standalone is being developed on new code and in a new engine on a basic premise that is Dean's "DayZ". This now community led mod is in "alpha" stage itself. This isn't the alpha for the standalone, the alpha for the standalone is in fact, the standalone alpha.

3) Its being developed by Rocket with the backing of Bohemia, yes.

4) Yes it probably will...your point is? They are a company who will make money from the sale of the game, much like every other games company attempts to do.

And finally, your last paragraph is so fatally wrong that its almost funny. Bohemia have nothing to do with this mod, Bohemia dont have to pay them anything, dont blame them for anything. The Mod Devs are doing this because they enjoy the mod, and like with every other mod in the history of modding except maybe DOTA, they are doing this because they love it and take pleasure from it. We aren't testing anything for Bohemia, we are playing a community developed mod that is in its alpha stages, much like Project Reality was for Battlefield 2 for years. Bohemia and the standalone have nothing to do with these forums, this version of the mod, anything you've put in your post.

Please read, digest and learn. The major problem with the criticisms of this update have come from wild misinformation, please refrain from spreading any further nonsense.

1) I highlighted something and you went off on a tangent about entitlement. All I said was that players have purchased the Arma II products.

2) OK, I'll rephrase it. The DayZ mod was and is (although nowhere near so much) being used as a testbed for gameplay features utilised in the standalone version. So much so that to a casual observer looking at the SA footage available, they actually look the same.

3) It's being developed by Bohemia Interactive.

4) Again I highlighted something and you went off on one.

Now, put those all together and you'll see that Bohemia Interactive have done very well out of both the mod and the playerbase, not only in sales of Arma II, but also in testing and adding input into the development of both the mod (helping sales of Arma II) and the standalone. Also, through mainly Matt Lightfoot, they also have a tremendous amount of input into what does and doesn't go into the mod. Strangely enough, Matt said that he and Rocket were the ones that suggested the cans go into the update, not the devs - "Right just to clear up none of the Mods had anything to do with the cans being implemented, ultimately not R4Z0R nor Derpy are to blame for their implementation. Everything has to be passed through myself and Rocket." (Source - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/125687-176-cans-and-drinks/page__st__280#entry1206716)

So how abouty YOU read, digest and learn.

• Like 1

Haven't signed in for months, I just came back today to say please remove the cans, when I seen Herpy Dooves canned muffins my stomach sank, it's not cool, it's not funny, it's fucking retarded.

• Like 1

Haven't signed in for months, I just came back today to say please remove the cans, when I seen Herpy Dooves canned muffins my stomach sank, it's not cool, it's not funny, it's fucking retarded.

Get used to it. You are human (i'm not sure), you came because of evolution therefore adaption(natural selection). Adapt of fucking die. Enough of you people.

Been reading a few pages of this thread now, and from page 2 onward, it started to become a discussion between

a few players about who's the idiot or not....

On topic, the fact that we have fake, 'unrealistic' foods and drinks wil definitely not break immersion IMHO.

Finding an AK-74 kobra in a firehouse, is thát normal in russia?? nobody complaining about that ruining immersion.

Stop complaining about this stuff, and let the mod be the mod, and let the Forum mods get the credit they well deserve!

• Like 4

No, go play with that shit on your balotabuddies server, if they added lemonade, canned nuts and etc that's cool, Not Zyzly MzLy bullshit. Look at the beans on the original post, it's obvious many people do not like it, go on reddit too, tons of people bitching. The funny thing is I play on a private hive that won't implement it anyway but my god... Some brony shit in dayz is weak.

So zombies spawn randomly everywhere now, no more safety of the woods?

Not shure what you are trying to achieve by that...but ok, its not a real game, its a test?

Edited by marko4231

If mod devs want to name shit after them, that their right. I don

Edited by Supercuate

The actual suggestion to add Utes to the Chernarus+ map came from 4Chan, but the idea of the prison with specialized gear and zombies (tazers, flashbangs, riot gear, etc) came from Reddit, one of the weekly suggestion posts I think.

Ahh, that's correct, thanks for the clarification.

There has been a large amount of people clearly upset by the recent patch.

Let me say, for me all last patches was awesome. This patch have also awesome things. Z hits on bike, crossbow quiver and much much more.

As a community project, it can be hard to decide what goes into and update and what doesn't - in the spirit of the project we decided to try something we thought would be a nice "salute" to our forum mods. It would be fair to say, that this has backfired.

You should always think about... benifit for 99% or not. A "salut" in this way is not needed. Look at there beans. :P All crying people "salut" at the same time for all the hard work.

As is the normal process for dealing with any controversial changes to a community based project, we'll be reverting those changes and allowing a discussion to occur regarding going forward with them.

And again. "salut" for this decision. For me is it not a benifit putting not existing objects in game. We have Coca-cola and the rest. Thats fine for me. A R4Z0R drink might work as energy drink. They are in germany the slimmer cans... and they say u run faster with them. :P

Edited by NoCheats

Well barring SEVERE protest by 2 remaining members of the dev Team... DayZ Sahrani's next release will include these food items and NEVER EVER remove them.... and we're not on these forums much nor are we fan boys lol... I've actually bitched at one of the named Mods in a PM convo...

Further I will take no action on my Gamerservers.com PUblic Hive Server to remove the items I updated before the uproar so hopefully that just means they stick. So barring it being rolled into a future patch that I HAVE to run (Quivers and no infinite ammo for DMR's were my only major gripes at this point) so I will likely avoid future updates if this decision (or lack there of) sticks.

So Cifor US NY 2873 public hive server will NOT remove these if it's in the form of a new patch. AND DayZ Sahrani will likely have all these food items in the next and all future releases.

Let them eat ModCake!

Edited by NonovUrbizniz

Someone tell me whats the problem? Its nice some new items are added, and what the fuck is wrong with the names?!

Also, it seems like people like me are getting their way anyway by reading the first post of this thread so I'm not worried, take your own advice.

who the hell cares what they are upset about, I think its great and should be left in the mod, its a MOD not Standalone itself, crying babies.

I think you are missing the point here. This is a typical small start of a direction to take with the development of the game (mod). It's these changes in mindsets that lead to a game none of us will approve of and eventually will lead to the death of the mod. And I don't want to see that happen because I love this mod and have played it nearly daily since I got to know it in May 2012.

I loved the direct and 'clean' approach Dean took to this game. I don't want to see it littered with the carelessly approved ideas and trinkets of a team of people that took over when he started developing his standalone version. If anything I find it offensive towards Dean and shows the lack of vision Dean had when he started this.

Edited by LeYuno
  • Like 1

I don't really follow Reddit or the forums here, i just drop in every now and again after a patch. So this is just an average players opinion on all this.

When i saw the derp muffins and Mzly Bzly thing for the first time in game after i updated i did cringe. Meme jokes and soda named after a call of duty quickscoper are not things i would expect to find in this game/mod. I'm not angry or upset, i just would prefer that sort of thing not to be in the game in future.

I'm sure the people involved worked very hard and deserved some recognition; and by the sounds of it, most of them didn't ask for it anyway. But that doesn't make it any more appropriate

• Like 4

I think you are missing the point here. This is a typical small start of a direction to take with the development of the game (mod). It's these changes in mindsets that lead to a game none of us will approve of and eventually will lead to the death of the mod. And I don't want to see that happen because I love this mod and have played it nearly daily since I got to know it in May 2012.

I see what you are saying man, but honestly ? People that take offence and raise hell with such petty things are not worthy and it's not healthy for the community. Ιnhibited people never done good.

• Like 2

I don't really follow Reddit or the forums here, i just drop in every now and again after a patch. So this is just an average players opinion on all this.

When i saw the derp muffins and Mzly Bzly thing for the first time in game after i updated i did cringe. Meme jokes and soda named after a call of duty quickscoper are not things i would expect to find in this game/mod. I'm not angry or upset, i just would prefer that sort of thing not to be in the game in future.

I'm sure the people involved worked very hard and deserved some recognition; and by the sounds of it, most of them didn't ask for it anyway. But that doesn't make it any more appropriate

O look, someone else you can tell to kill themselves lol. Fuckin loser.

I see what you are saying man, but honestly ? People that take offence and raise hell with such petty things are not worthy and it's not healthy for the community. Ιnhibited people never done good.

I invite you to read my post again. It's small, but its a sign of things to come (which might be larger and less trivial). I don't want that, and from the looks of it, neither do alot of other people.

• Like 1

Rationality won't work on this kid, he's not getting his way so he's throwing a tantrum and telling users to kill themselves, not one you want to have a debate with and use logic imo.

I invite you to read my post again. It's small, but its a sign of things to come (which might be larger and less trivial). I don't want that, and from the looks of it, neither do alot of other people.

To be completely honest, this is still the vocal minority on BOTH sides of the coin. Vast majority of players don't come on here to bitch or praise. So for them to do anything at this point, is just catering to the vocal minority on both sides of this debate.

Edited by saren42

Yeah, it just struck me as an immersion-breaker. I had seen it with War Z having generic "CHIPS" and stuff that looked corny, this is worse than that... essentially 4chan-izing a (small) portion of the Day Z experience.

I have no doubt that the mods and community mod developers are dedicated and are worthy of some sort of "nod" in game, but it can be done in such a way that isn't sophomoric or in a way that doesn't break the immersion.

(It seems silly that the logos on the "vanilla" cans and such was such an immersion booster, but it was. Actually seeing Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew products when scavenging makes the experience feel all the more real)

• Like 1

I kind of agree.While the models are good,SOME of the names are terrible.Derpy hooves blah blah?Why would we mix the amazingness of Dayz,with some lame little girls TV show?And that mzly soda is atrocious.I have no problem with Dr.Wasteland and Green mountain and a few of the others,As they are more discreet nods towards the mods.

I think in all the names should be more serious sounding.I mean come on guys,the best you could do was use your forum name as a brand?Try and use your imagination a little!