r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

The new models and dick-waving of this newest patch (That has obviously upset more than just me) was added in recently, is unnecessary, and is frankly very tacky.

No private part waving involved, we didn't even know it was in. We appreciated and loved it, but please get your facts correct.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the new patch. Hopefully, it is better than 1.7.5.1, which was a mess. I haven't had a chance to try the new patch but reading the comments has been damn funny. Poor developers, its always something.

In 1.7.5.1, the main cities were becoming deserted. If you meet 4-5 people, in say Electro, when there were 40-50 on the server, you were lucky. It was also almost impossible to loot fresh kills because of the swarming of zombies. Now hopefully, the southern cities will have some life in them. For those complaining that the zombies are now being nerfed, it was pretty obvious that having more zombies spawning was making them even buggier. They were warping and glitching through everything. They were one-shot killing people if they hit you from behind. So, until the warping and glitching were fixed, adding more zombies would be a dumb way to go.

Edited by boatie
  • Like 1

Okay, just to get a few things straight: there is no "ongoing agenda to nerf zeds". Aggro ranges were dropped because the new loitering mechanic in essence makes them spawn everywhere.

You spawn freshly on the shore in the middle of nowhere and see a zed 50m ahead of you. Plenty a time I have fired up dayz for the hundredth time to see if model X is now properly sized, go take a leak while it loads the map and whatnot, come back to find myself dead on the shore, miles from the next town.

Zombies weren't made super-slow, they were given a tiny decrease in speed because we had trails of 20+ zombies following us from chernarus up to NWAF during testing, simply because bushes and stuff no longer break LOS, they still catch up with you pretty easily.

Their pathing was fixed so they walk around obstacles like bushes, so that they no longer lose LOS there. In fact, they follow your wildest paths in town.

Their pathing was fixed so they dont zig-zag around so much, which means they have less steering loss in delta v (KSP talking out of me here lol), which means they get to you faster.

Tell me which of these changes make them less of a threat?

Edited by Elvaron
  • Like 4

Nice work guys! Appreciate the the hard work going into keeping the Mod alive and well. Can't wait to get this on my Chernarus Server!

Wheres my "Rocket Fuel Energy Drink" ??

http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1137127

Or my "Where-u Beans" ??

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119272-i-take-your-brand-labels-and-substitute-my-own/page__st__60#entry1138787

Man, this mod has gone to shit...;)

Edited by ToxicSludge
  • Like 1

I was curious about a feature that could be added (if even possible?). I have times when my ping will spike, be it from someone else on my internet or just my ISP being an ass. Anyways, just now (and numberous times before) I was flying around in a heli and sadly got kicked for high ping, and of course when I got back on my heli was crashed.

Is there -ANYWAY- that if you get kicked from a server or just somehow disconnect that all vehicles (heli and otherwise) can safely just assume a safe position instead of crashing and blowing up? Is that possible?

Anyone know about this? ;-;

in game you can barely end see what the new "immersion breaking" items are. it's just a different looking can, and in your inventory it's "can (fruit)". people love to make a big deal about nothing...

Edited by daze23

Well i got good news to those who liked the idea, balotabuddies.net will be applying the food items to our servers when we update, our community feels it's a welcome addition and look forward to finding the new loot.

I am welcoming everyone to come get whitelisted with us and enjoy our servers.

• Like 3

Nice update!

But I'm sorry to say that the ammo still refills on DC... I just tried it a few minutes ago

• Like 1

Its awesome... Wish zeds couldnt swim and climb ladders... no pressure :) just saying :)

First off thanks for an overall great update. I am hoping it all runs smoothly and maybe some better fps whenever a chopper is above the city you are in. So thanks Razor and team.

Now onto the food items. I personally am very happy to have different textures for the food. They look great and helps with loot. But I do agree with some who are not completely in board with the names.

Why not have it so that in the inventory screen a can of fraggleOs will only have the name "can of pasta." Or a can of mzly jzly will be just "can of soda". We need the variety just not the names and inventory headaches.

One last thing and I don't mean to sound like a dick but reading through page after page of banter with forum admins is starting to really drive me crazy. Come on admins Stop picking your fights with these guys and try to help push these threads in the right direction. Keep it more professional.

TL,DR: would everyone start discussing some other material from the patch. At this point I don't want to think about food IRL.

• Like 1

Its awesome... Wish zeds couldnt swim and climb ladders... no pressure :) just saying :)

Why shouldn't they? personally at the moment zombies aren't much of a threat due to the fact that they're that easy to juke, you can lose them by literally walking slowly around a bush, and as long as you can plan a route properly and don't corner yourself they usually won't touch you. So by making them in capable of doing something like climbing a ladder or swimming just makes more ways to get away from zombies and even reduce the risk for those silly snipers who climb towers with only one way in and out.

As for the update, looks good so far, haven't had a chance to test it at the moment, but will be playing later tonight. I don't understand why there's this much of an uproar about textures. But if removing them and discussing their future with the people that made them is the course of action to take at the moment, then do that and hopefully come to a compromise with the players that feel that a mostly aesthetic change along with a shout out to people involved with the team has ruined everything for them.

Well i got good news to those who liked the idea, balotabuddies.net will be applying the food items to our servers when we update, our community feels it's a welcome addition and look forward to finding the new loot.

I am welcoming everyone to come get whitelisted with us and enjoy our servers.

THAT'S IT, YOU'VE RUINED MY PRECIOUS BALOTA BUDDIES WHICH I HAVEN'T PAID ANYTHING FOR. I AM QUITTING THIS GAME NOW!

;)

• Like 4

Put me in the "great patch" crowd. I complained some about the last patch with the all-seeing/hearing zombies, but those issues seem resolved. Things seem great. Love the way Zeds show up unexpectedly when you are in the wilds....like a real zombie apocalypse would be. Great, great addition.

Seriously, who cares what the tiny labels on the food cans say. Seriously, you have a knife and matches and a hatchet, you hunt anyways, right? If you don't like scrolling down to find different foods, get off your lazy ass and just pick up beans or hunt in the woods. Geezzzz you guys complains like babies about the most irrelevant stuff!

Easily the most idiotic complaints ever.

I love the new variety myself. Good - no, GREAT WORK all around on this one!

• Like 2

I've been testing the zeds a bit and they've really been improved. Here's some suggestions for a little more improvement:

Their sight seems to be a bit derpy, they don't seem to spot me all that well when I walk near in front of them. Is there anyway to increase their sight width and height radius to a 160*? I don't know how they're coded or whatever but their sight radius seems to be a bit low and slightly insensitive.

I think you should increase the sound range of weapons by 1/3. Weapons that should be heard by half of the town aren't being heard right.

Really loving the zeds in the woods and the crossbow quiver. Any plans on making those arrows craftable? Like a pile of logs + feathers from a chicken with a knife in the inventory = Arrows? Something like that would be cool.

I've been testing the zeds a bit and they've really been improved. Here's some suggestions for a little more improvement:

Their sight seems to be a bit derpy, they don't seem to spot me all that well when I walk near in front of them. Is there anyway to increase their sight width and height radius to a 160*? I don't know how they're coded or whatever but their sight radius seems to be a bit low and slightly insensitive.

I think you should increase the sound range of weapons by 1/3. Weapons that should be heard by half of the town aren't being heard right.

Really loving the zeds in the woods and the crossbow quiver. Any plans on making those arrows craftable? Like a pile of logs + feathers from a chicken with a knife in the inventory = Arrows? Something like that would be cool.

1.) From what I gather without actually adding system code, the LOS is from ArmA 2 and can't really be altered. They see whatever is in front of them, whether an obstacle (well, some it blocks but most it ignores) is inbetween or not. Not much can be done about LOS in that regard, especially without killing FPS.

2.) Haven't found any issues with sound, but we can't test everything and a handful of people isn't a good measure of "how it feels", so thanks for the input.

3.) No plans to make them craftable per se, but it's a possibility. Biggest problem in terms of realism is making the arrowheads, you'd have to scavenge a hardware store to find some metal that can be melted, and then you still have to shape it. And no, tin cans are not made out of tin, and cannot be melted for that purpose. Iron from scrap metal would have a melting point well above 1000°C, so no chance with a campfire. I guess you could make wood-only arrows, but they would probably splinter rather than cause real damage. Painful, but nowhere near the capacity of current crossbow arrows.

I'd say if they are made craftable, make one crafting component something that has to be found, not just stuff that can be harvested repeatedly (animals, forests....). So maybe you find a rare bag of arrowheads on a deer stand and can make like 20 arrows out of it, but good luck finding another in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

In essence, you'll find zombies outside of towns now, too.

So no more chilling out while running through the woods - zeds might be behind the next tree :o !

1.) From what I gather without actually adding system code, the LOS is from ArmA 2 and can't really be altered. They see whatever is in front of them, whether an obstacle (well, some it blocks but most it ignores) is inbetween or not. Not much can be done about LOS in that regard, especially without killing FPS.

2.) Haven't found any issues with sound, but we can't test everything and a handful of people isn't a good measure of "how it feels", so thanks for the input.

3.) No plans to make them craftable per se, but it's a possibility. Biggest problem in terms of realism is making the arrowheads, you'd have to scavenge a hardware store to find some metal that can be melted, and then you still have to shape it. And no, tin cans are not made out of tin, and cannot be melted for that purpose. Iron from scrap metal would have a melting point well above 1000

Edited by Scott Pilgrim

Um. I think I screwed something up... Sorry for the double post, I can't delete my old one.

@Elvaron:

I figured as much with the sight radius, but I think they're okay anyway.

As for the arrows, how about we have two types.

The one already added in - One hit kill on any part of the body, which has a 20% chance of breaking: Arrow (Iron Tipped)

Then the one being craftable - Headshot for a one hit kill, and two body shots for a kill. Along with a 20% chance to break, and a chance for the tip to go blunt: Arrow (Wooden Tipped)

The blunt tipped ones could still be usable as well, but it'd require two to the head to take down a zed, or 3-4 on the body with a high chance of the arrow breaking: Arrow (Blunt)

Maybe add the bolts back in for variety, but make them slightly rarer to find than the regular iron tipped arrow.

EDIT:

And to make it so the crafting isn't abused, you could give the knife durability. But I'm not sure about that or if it's even possible... My knowledge on the arma 2 engine is lacking.

Edited by Scott Pilgrim

why the f*** are so many people bitching about the new soda/food cans... the only legit reason to complain about is that the inventory list becomes a lot longer and thats not that big of a deal... the names aren't important at all.

one question for the dev team is it possible to group the items into food cans and soda cans so they appear in the list only as Soda/caned food?

Edited by Ikar

And to make it so the crafting isn't abused, you could give the knife durability. But I'm not sure about that or if it's even possible... My knowledge on the arma 2 engine is lacking.

Eh, anything can have a pseudo-durability by adding a chance for it to go blunt ;)

• Like 1

Eh, anything can have a pseudo-durability by adding a chance for it to go blunt ;)

I guess it could work then, maybe I should create a thread in the suggestions for this...

Nice update!

But I'm sorry to say that the ammo still refills on DC... I just tried it a few minutes ago

Can you give us some more info plz? All tests we have done show the ammo is saving as it should using official files even official private hive files.