r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

On a side note, why was combat rolling removed indoors? Did it cause more leg break glitches or something?

Yes

I just want to say that the DayZ development team have always been doing a wonderful job. I been playing the mod since the start of it's release and it's been a really great experience. One of the best zombie games I played, or the best now. Keep up the good work! Kudos.

I have a question on the progress of the supposed 'Dog Update'? Will we happen to see it before the Standalone comes out?

• Like 3

kinda hilarious.. we have a mod where the developer finds out, that making it the way everyone wants it to be, requires fundamental changes to the engine, so he starts the ungrateful task of rewriting the engine. But the community doesn't want to wait that long. So a couple of people decide to develop the mod further on their own time, parallel to the standalone being developed. Knowing that they can't fix everything, they work on what they can fix, including the community in decisions and respecting their wishes. And the community complains that the changes that are possible, are not the changes they want.

And then, there are people who still wonder, why no one takes them seriously when they complain...

un-fucking-believable...

BE-update not being out in time, is of course something that could be improved in the future. People shouldn't get kicked for trying out new features. I think we all agree here. But apart from that, I think there is nothing to complain about. Considering how little time passed since 1.7.5.1 I'm even surprised about how much they actually accomplished to get into that patch.

Edited by liquidmind

kinda hilarious.. we have a mod where the developer finds out, that making it the way everyone wants it to be, requires fundamental changes to the engine, so he starts the ungrateful task of rewriting the engine. But the community doesn't want to wait that long. So a couple of people decide to develop the mod further on their own time, parallel to the standalone being developed. Knowing that they can't fix everything, they work on what they can fix, including the community in decisions and respecting their wishes. And the community complains that the changes that are possible, are not the changes they want.

And then, there are people who still wonder, why no one takes them seriously when they complain...

un-fucking-believable...

BE-update not being out in time, is of course something that could be improved in the future. People shouldn't get kicked for trying out new features. I think we all agree here. But apart from that, I think there is nothing to complain about. Considering how little time passed since 1.7.5.1 I'm even surprised about how much they actually accomplished to get into that patch.

Okay got it, the bugs in Arma 2: Zombiemod (I will not call it DayZ anymore, as it appears to be different game) will not

get sorted out, mainly because there is being worked on a new engine environment with new engine, codes and animations.

Arma 2: Zombiemod is not a Alpha anymore, because there will not be a final product related to "Arma 2: Zombiemod".

People pay 20€ to play Arma 2: Zombiemod in the false assumption that it is infact DayZ in Alpha-Condition.

The Communityboard continues to work on Arma2: Zombiemod to pass the time until the "DayZ" arrives.

Updates are no longer targeted towards the player-base (which still exists), but the small community of this forum.

Well... I guess I will just stop playing Arma 2: Zombiemod then. I thought it was for testing purposes, but it apparently is not.

This game is not a Alpha, its a playground. I'm not in the mood for a playground.

I came back a few days ago because the 1.7.5.1 changes where really interesting... just to see this 1.7.6 stuff.

If the Arma 2: Zombiemod is not for testing purposes it is only remaining for boosting the sales of Arma 2 and its newly

released "Arma 2: Collection" version which is falsely advertised with "DayZ" label.

I will just wait for DayZ now.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 2

Okay got it, the bugs in Arma 2: Zombiemod (I will not call it DayZ anymore, as it appears to be different game) will not

get sorted out, mainly because there is being worked on a new engine environment with new engine, codes and animations.

Arma 2: Zombiemod is not a Alpha anymore, because there will not be a final product related to "Arma 2: Zombiemod".

People pay 20€ to play Arma 2: Zombiemod in the false assumption that it is infact DayZ in Alpha-Condition.

The Communityboard continues to work on Arma2: Zombiemod to pass the time until the "DayZ" arrives.

Updates are no longer targeted towards the player-base (which still exists), but the small community of this forum.

Well... I guess I will just stop playing Arma 2: Zombiemod then. I thought it was for testing purposes, but it apparently is not.

This game is not a Alpha, its a playground. I'm not in the mood for a playground.

I came back a few days ago because the 1.7.5.1 changes where really interesting... just to see this 1.7.6 stuff.

If the Arma 2: Zombiemod is not for testing purposes it is only remaining for boosting the sales of Arma 2 and its newly

released "Arma 2: Collection" version which is falsely advertised with "DayZ" label.

You've gone so far overboard, your struggling for things to complain about lol This mod is an alpha, for the mod. It was always that. It was then kinda gonna be something to playtest stuff for the standalone, but they decided to make a better game and make it entirely original content, then allowing the mod to be community driven by people with their own free time. There will be DayZ the mod and whatever the standalone will be, which probably won't have the kind of community support that DayZ has, such as being able to easily make new maps and mods for people to play.

I really can't blame BI for giving more support to the mod, because it is helping to sell their older title, making it easier for people to get into the mod by just downloading it through Steam, though it is blatantly called a mod, and is free, so they aren't doing anything really wrong there.

Edited by Maxgor

A lot of good things in the update, but it appears that zombies are being dumbed down again. I thought after last patch that development might be headed towards making zombies an actual threat in a zombie apocalypse game. Doesn't appear there ever going to be anything more than a minor nuisance though.

I hope the standalone doesn't pander to all the whining kids every time zombies come even a little close to presenting a threat the way the mod seems to be doing.

Edited by H4YW1R3
  • Like 1

I will just wait for DayZ now.

When dayZ-Mod was released, it wasn't even an alpha, it was a tech-demo. I personally still see it as a tech-demo, and standalone, when it comes out, to be alpha. If you only want to play one dayz-game, not many. Just wait for standalone and do not play any mod for it ever. if you want as many different views as possible, play every mod you can get.. it only depends on what you expect.

Nice update, but you should really spellcheck these, it's slightly infuriating to see how unprofessional it looks.

Alright it never hurts to spell check I agree but are you really giving him shit for few mispelled words? What if the was working on the new patch till late night for past couple days just to keep realease it as close as possible to the set date he mentioned earlier?

Well I tell you I wouldn't give two shits about my spelling after being exhausted or what anybody think. Just saying

Going to try the patch ASAP :) much appreciated everyone.

Can't wait to find the new beer and peanuts package lol :D

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Does Curgon's chicken noodle soup abuse the admin tools on private hives like he does?

No but it will give you a cold, instead of curing one.

Wow. I just want to put in there that I appreciate anyone making updates for the mod until SA comes out. It makes my day, every time. It's different and it keeps it fresh. I LOVE the number of people creating accounts JUST to QQ about the food items.

• Like 1

Guest Dwarden

I can confirm that replacing the 5 createVehicle line with:

Has fixed my #20 kick for now. I run a private hive and have a custom scripts.txt file, so it would be helpful if the developers would provide just those lines that are effected. I find the initial support on this mod a little "as it comes" lately.. When people ask questions it would also be nice if the forum moderators in particular didn't gives stupid replies like "well, it works for me". Try helping and stop being a bunch of ignorant smart asses! :P

you know, there is this sticky http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119953-battleye-server-side-filters-update/

in the server section and the page on google code and each file has history, so you can use diff if 'curious' ...

oh well (headbang) (facepalm)

you know, there is this sticky http://dayzmod.com/f...filters-update/

in the server section and the page on google code and each file has history, so you can use diff if 'curious' ...

oh well (headbang) (facepalm)

Can we get a headbang facepalm image just for Dwarden :-)

Guest Dwarden

(lurks in shadows) (evil grin) (growl) (mumble) (vanish) (puff of smoke)

• Like 1

How do I bring up the stats monitor to see my zombie kills and stuff now?

Options > Controls > Drop down menu at top change to custom controls > Use action key 20 << edit this key

Options > Controls > Drop down menu at top change to custom controls > Use action key 20 << edit this key

Thanks!