r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

We can't figure why there are no Zed's and Loot on our Server..

What's different about your server as opposed to vanilla? Custom loot tables? Custom map?

i think you just made all that up...

well unless you do my crimean sparkling wine...see i really don't want to end this in a blackmail kinda thing you know

:P

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

On the food,

To me it's not an issue that they spent time adding new items that should have been spent fixing core issue. The core fixes here are a step and the right direction.

The issues I have is the name of the foods. DayZ thus far has maintained a certain level of realism. This realism is reflected by the names of in-game items and their real-life counterparts and adds to the immersion of the experience. Adding names like mZLY yZLY and R4Z0R soda might mean something to a handful of people but overall retracts from the game.

I'm all about giving credit to the devs and appreciate the work they do, but frankly this is taking it a little too far.

Edited by W0mpRat
  • Like 1

As i said - i am not having the issues you are which "possibly" suggests the problem is your end don't you think??

Mate..look at the thread 75% of the posts are about the same problem...Are you really saying that theres nothing wrong with the update and that everyone has screwed up something? lol

I mean its a really good and interesting update..This bug is the only thing that ruins it atm..

Edited by nitropussy

As i said - i am not having the issues you are which "possibly" suggests the problem is your end don't you think??

Here is a sound idea: Can you post up your scripts.txt here so that we can at least try what you have on your server and see if it corrects the problem for other server operators like myself?

Edited by Skydive
  • Like 1

On the food,

To me it's not an issue that they spent time adding new items that should have been spent fixing core issue. The core fixes here are a step and the right direction.

The issues I have is the name of the foods. DayZ thus far has maintained a certain level of realism. This realism is reflected by the names of in-game items and their real-life counterparts and adds to the immersion of the experience. Adding names like mZLY yZLY and R4Z0R soda might mean something to a handful of people but overall retracts from the game.

I'm all about giving credit to the devs and appreciate the work they do, but frankly this is taking it a little too far.

So fixing a broken leg with morphine or getting blood from a tin of beans isn't ruining the immersion?

• Like 5

Mate..look at the thread 75% of the posts are about the same problem...Are you really saying that theres nothing wrong with the update and that everyone has screwed up something? lol

Maybe it has something to do with the amount of different servers and kustom (my *-key is broken! :D ) private hives? Test on a publik vanilla server.

So, I just picked up a crossbow and three arrows and combined them into a quiver, but when I shot the crossbow I got kicked for script restriction #20.

I withdraw the following comment. I have been chatting to R4Z0R49 on skype for the last half an hour and he's an alright guy. He hasn't killed the mod, but the system has. As a collective, all of the development team need to change the system if the community mod is to stay afloat!

R4Z0R49 has killed this mod. People want updates to fix core issues and he adds crap like "(Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)"

This mod was great and I have been a loyal player since the beginning and helped develop private hives, but for me the mod is now dead. I said goodbye to my servers last night and I doubt I will be hosting any again for a long time until this mess is fixed. Your players all feel the same. Just ask all my hundreds of regulars that quit dayz to play wastelands and stuff....

EDIT:

Another developer (to be unnamed) just gave me beans for this post, and R4Z0R bitched to him to take it back....

Although you talked with Razor, you have to understand that some things that you call essential updates are called not so essential by some. Fraggle put this thing in the table very nicely. Plus you have to know that some things cannot be improved. It's simple as that. You don't have your own engine, you are tweaking a MOD. Even the engine it self does not have unlimited freedom. So fixing core issues within the mod is maybe just impossible because it's A MOD(the perfect example is the hatchet. I'm not sure but how i understand the concept behind it, it's a workaround of a silenced gun with the lower distance possible).

Furthermore this guys could just abandon the mod and work only on the standalone but they did not. Plus i can be ingorant and say "GTFO, visit opendayz and make your own mod that you will fix the core issues. Let's see how that goes."

Let's hope you won't take offence.

Cheers

• Like 2

Certainly not happy that there are a ton of new foods, and all they are good for is kicking you out of the game right now lol. PLEASE someone come up with a solution, the previous temporary solution DOES NOT WORK

I mean its a really good and interesting update..This bug is the only thing that ruins it atm..

I am not saying that you aren't having a problem but i am just stating that from my experience i am not having the issues described regarding drinking from cans.

priceless: to earn the right to call someone a f*g due to the age one has reached and the amount of children one has...

• Like 3

Thinking about downloading and trying this MOD again not that you can download it through Steam. Does anyone know if you installed the MOD through Steam will it be the latest and if not will it update to the latest version?

try DayZ commander , you can manage what version you want at all time, its much easier

I have the problem. Everytime I try to eat or drink something (anything) I get kicked by Battleye for restriction #20. Everything is up to date. Beta-exe and BE-Client.

It's so awesome that you still support development of the mod

• Like 2

You aint getting the last word

Instead of trying to show your e-peen, can you please be helpful to this community and post up your scripts.txt file?

Im out now till there is a fix for the #20 kick. Dont want to read all this flaming S.... .

Looks fantastic, thanks for all of your hard work!

However I do side with those who dislike some of the new foods and beverages. Models look great and it's a nice way of saying thank you to all the contributors, but 'Herpy Dooves' really seems out of place. I've nothing against most of them, since their neutral enough that only forum members will recognize them, but there should be a line. I mean you wouldn't add "Pikachu's OJ", just because one of the admins chose such nickname.

That said, can't wait for my server to update and test out the new quiver!

Edited by eel

So fixing a broken leg with morphine or getting blood from a tin of beans isn't ruining the immersion?

How the fuck are you going to make that comparison? So since one part of the game is not perfectly realistic its an excuse to add a bunch of crap.

Edited by W0mpRat
  • Like 4

now its #21 kick Dwarden

Saw that u updated the script.txt and tryed it.