Sign in to follow this  
mtls44555

Road flares suck so how about...

A flare pistol like you would find on a boat I know they have M203 flares but I feel emergency boats flares would be better and more reasonable, the way it is right now is that you need to find a rifle in order to shoot a flare into the air. Also you could have IR type flares where you could only see it if you had night vision.

Like this.

http://static.ddmcdn...flare-gun-1.jpg

Edited by mtls44555
  • Like 3

This would be cool, but road flares aren't that bad. They are good for setting traps and they f**k with peoples night vision.

• Like 3

The flares are really only used by the military-type groups who work at night, such as marking for a helicopter or lighting up an area, and that's about it. But you're right, a flare pistol'd be cool.

Road flares rock, obviously only if you know how to use the intelligently. If you run around Cherno with one in your had, while firing your Lee Enfield, you might have a bad time. I think Rocket's mentioned flare guns before, I only wish the light grenades has a little more flight time.

Edited by Dallas

Road flares aren't useless, but you get beans anyway. Don't know if the M203 flares do damage to someone if you shoot them with it but they should do a little at least, as well as the Flare gun you propose as well as a chance of setting the target on fire. Like a pointblank head shot with a flare would probably kill anyone or nearly kill them, but any other range should still do at least a little bit of damage.

Even a bodyshot with a flare is going to mess someone up. I know of at least one poor soul who had a flare literally blow a hole right through him when it misfired. I don't think people realise quite how lethal those things can be at short range. Not that you could reliably hit anything more than five feet away, mind.

Road flares are very useful. Big radius of illumination, attract zeds, can blind NVGs, and the bright red light even looks cool (see banner above). Been playing DayZ+ and using them way more than ever before.

Flare gun could be cool, especially if it could potentially immolate a target. Road flares don't suck though, they just do what they do. Compasses, now those suck.