tomk

A Great suggestion for DayZ Standalone or a mod.

I was thinking while watching DayZ Video, there should be a possibility to hit another player to unconscious, like if you don't trust him n'or you want to escape from him, but to hit a player, there should be a tool on your toolbelt.

• Like 1

inb4, use search function. this has been suggested multiple time, but dont fret! your not the first and im sure you wont be the last to suggest it

Edited by RayPugh
  • Like 3

That would be overpowered , to run up to a player and hit him unconscious in one hit and then kill him , also , in real life , do you keep a tool on a tool-belt which allows you to hit people ?

I think not...

-[ARSE] Seb

not bad. Could eliminate some of the KoS.

But sadly, as BambiProtector sayd, it would be too easy to kill someone after knocking him out.

Maybe make it only possible when you stand behind someone? (you then can easily kill him with anything anyway)

Edited by LoL4Ever

I'm not against the idea of somehow making it possible for players to execute non-lethal takedowns, be it through tranquilizer darts/ammo or in unarmed combat. Then again what are the chances of someone going unconscious in a fistfight, rather than just dying from the trauma to the head.

Giving players tools like tasers or tranq-bullets/darts is a better and way of causing unconsciousness.

Also, the title of the post is terrible, it doesn't tell you anything about the contents and makes people reluctant to even read it. Just a friendly hint for the op

Edited by TheSodesa

I'm not against the idea of somehow making it possible for players to execute non-lethal takedowns, be it through tranquilizer darts/ammo or in unarmed combat. Then again what are the chances of someone going unconscious in a fistfight, rather than just dying from the trauma to the head.

Giving players tools like tasers or tranq-bullets/darts is a better and way of causing unconsciousness.

This is what im on about , non lethal takedowns are essential , but the equipment required for them must be rare.

Edited by TheBambiProtector

How many non lethal weapons suggestions do we need, use one of the old ones and search like the sticky says.

That would be overpowered , to run up to a player and hit him unconscious in one hit and then kill him

Ha, are you serious? Would you rather run right up to another potentially hostile player, and run a high risk of detection, or shoot him in the back from 300 meters away? I think it's fine if people could just use their guns to smash people in the head with, but give it a chance of lethality, so you're more careful if you really don't want to kill them.

Besides, guns should be more lethal anyways, so I'm sure a melee attack wouldn't be that overpowered if that was the case.

If they follow what you say we'll be left with hundreds of fresh spawns running around beating the shit out of each other with their flashlights , WarZ style...

Edited by TheBambiProtector

If they follow what you say we'll be left with hundreds of fresh spawns running around beating the shit out of each other with their flashlights , WarZ style...

I'm sure it will come to that.

No, melee won't ruin the game, guys, because guns. If someone manages to sneak up on a sniper and wants to bash his brains in, whats the problem? It's not game breaking. There should just be a melee system, be it fists, hatchets or baseball bats with nails in them. For all the people who are saying that sneaking up on someone and knocking them out is OP, just look at the DMR. It usually knocks someone unconscious from one hit, and you don't have to get right behind the person to do it.

To make this work there needs to be a large chance of failing to knock them out, and also a chance of accidentally killing the player.

• Like 1

It has to be very unreliable , so players think about what they're about to do, or we'll end up with the WarZ outcome , and nobody wants this beautiful game to turn into WarZ...

As for ranged non-lethal weapons , they should have a large chance to work but be very rare and hard to find ammo for.

It has to be very unreliable , so players think about what they're about to do, or we'll end up with the WarZ outcome , and nobody wants this beautiful game to turn into WarZ...

As for ranged non-lethal weapons , they should have a large chance to work but be very rare and hard to find ammo for.

And why exactly would anyone want to risk it and not just kill the guy? Why punish the friendly players?

That would be overpowered , to run up to a player and hit him unconscious in one hit and then kill him , also , in real life , do you keep a tool on a tool-belt which allows you to hit people ?

I think not...

-[ARSE] Seb

In real life, killing is overpowered. Choking is overpowered, guns are overpowered, knives, fists, etc.

I think we should just up the damage on everything. There'd be no need to run up to a guy and knock him unconscious to kill him if you could just stab him, or shoot him.

So basically, "real up" the damages.

I think not...

-[ARSE] Seb

Hammer, Wrench, screwdriver...wait that might be a bit lethal...

Uni , I'm not really talking about players in the late game . I'm talking about fresh spawn players who have nothing to lose , they have to make it so that ranged weapons are so much more powerful that melee combat is rendered useless and only for special occasions. This means that fresh spawns will not attempt to run up to a kitted out player and think that they'll knock him out in one hit.

Uni , I'm not really talking about players in the late game . I'm talking about fresh spawn players who have nothing to lose , they have to make it so that ranged weapons are so much more powerful that melee combat is rendered useless and only for special occasions. This means that fresh spawns will not attempt to run up to a kitted out player and think that they'll knock him out in one hit.

I thought they were going to add melee options to standalone and the reason they aren't in the current version is because arma2 engine wasn't really designed for melee combat (that's why you need to reload fire axes)