Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

I will need to stay in line asking about general specs on running a server.

We are decommisioning quite a lot of HP DL380/360 G5's at work at the moment and the better part are either a single Xeon (4 cores) 2.833GHz or dual Xeon (4 cores) 2.00GHz. All servers are running atleast 4x 146GB SAS-drives and minimum 8GB RAM.

We also have a 1000/1000 fibre with a separate backup 100/100 fibre so bandwidth is not an issue.

Of the two server specs above, what would or should work best in a 40-50 slot server configuration?

Not tham im pissed on a swedish server named SE7, but they are breaking a rule.

"- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES"

It stands in their welcome text.

I will need to stay in line asking about general specs on running a server.

We are decommisioning quite a lot of HP DL380/360 G5's at work at the moment and the better part are either a single Xeon (4 cores) 2.833GHz or dual Xeon (4 cores) 2.00GHz. All servers are running atleast 4x 146GB SAS-drives and minimum 8GB RAM.

We also have a 1000/1000 fibre with a separate backup 100/100 fibre so bandwidth is not an issue.

Of the two server specs above' date=' what would or should work best in a 40-50 slot server configuration?

[/quote']

the dual 4 cores would be best. The extra cores should allow maybe 60-70 or just give you extra buffer on peak hours.

the single quad might do 20-30. I don't have much experience in the E5440, I know the L5420s do well but the E series was a pretty big failure on intels part from what I remember.

EDIT: The dual cpu mobo, you should be able to put 2 of the quad 2.8ghz on that , which would be better than the 2 quad 2.0ghz, by a lot. Not sure what the situation is but if you have them laying around I'd do that.

I'd love to know where you'd find an ARMA2 server for $50. Unless its like 10-20 slots

You can rent an NFO 40-man Arma2 server for $50 a month. 50-man is $60 I believe.

And thanks for your responses Matt and Rocket. Once you guys loosen the rules a little' date=' I'll be happy to set up a public server.

Brandon

[/quote']

I'm fairly certain NFO only gives ftp access which wont allow you to set up the mod according to the install instructions.

Just quick question, got a server and I'm ready to host a 40-50 players public server, but how fast do you guys answer the mails for a ID? :) (sent mine like a week ago)

Andrew: awesome answer. Thanks a bunch. I'll see what my boss allows me to do :)

i wont to host a server in australia but i only want to have 15-20max

what do i need to set it up

our server is

intel xeon 3065 @2.33 2.33 4.00gb ram 64 bit 2008.

hellsgategaming.com

i wont to host a server in australia but i only want to have 15-20max

what do i need to set it up

our server is

intel xeon 3065 @2.33 2.33 4.00gb ram 64 bit 2008.

hellsgategaming.com

The main issue is bandwidth Beer.

What are you allocated?

Matt

Can I get an admin to confirm/deny that I can ban based on this post: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4938

The moderator agrees with it. And as a server owner' date=' I'd happily do the ban myself unless told otherwise by the Dev Team.

[/quote']

Ya, as I said in the thread, I'm really hesitant to ban anyone without express permission from an admin. I don't want to ban someone, get them all pissy and have them post on the forums, and seeing how harsh they have been with rule enforcement, that one post would probably result in my server getting banned (As it says in the op here, if you don't follow the rules exactly, which say to only ban for abusive language etc, you will get IP banned instantly).

I wouldn't say the DayZ team have been harsh with any rule enforcement. If anything, they're too lenient on it. I've noticed rocket give warnings to servers with issues and given them time to resolve it.

Their are only two reasons why you' date=' as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

[/quote']

It says right there that I can't ban for anything else but malicious talk and racism, so if someone got upset, posted somewhere, and then quoted these same rules, I honestly think I'd be fucked. It'd be a blatant disregard of those rules, and I don't want to do that without someone who actually controls the banning of servers tells me I can do it.

And the only reason I am making such a big deal of it, is as my clan leader Flossy said last night: "This mod is getting to the point, where if you don't shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle; They're logging out"

200G a Month with 100mb\s, thats why i want to run a smaller server,we all ready have 2 arma servers going now.

Still haven't got any responds please any mod who can help me get a id so i can get a 50 slot server running :/

I'm also still waiting for a response. I'm sure you all are busy, but judging from the number of full servers there's room for a few more.

I was looking to host some Dayz Mod servers' date=' I sent two emails asking for permission, but have not received a reply back. I sent a new email to dayzmatt from his suggestions.

A creative and fun mod! I can see how it revitalized ArmA2 sales on Steam.

[/quote']

i can recommend Jestservers.com as a host. They are very cooperative with setting up servers that ordinary hosts doesnt supply.

We need more good servers! :D

Still haven't got any responds please any mod who can help me get a id so i can get a 50 slot server running :/

In the same boat, sent some e-mails and messages around so they must be swamped with requests. It isn't surprising how popular this mod is, considering that occasional Left4Dead players such as myself wanted more interesting maps.

Haven't got a dedicated server up yet, awaiting approval to get my US East coast (FL) server running. It's just a shame I don't have enough bandwidth on my UK connection (where I live), as it was murder the last 2 days trying to find one that was empty and stable.

Hey Guys,

I have been really interested in trying to host a few servers with DayZ on them. I've sent 6 emails in the past 3 weeks and I haven't recieved a response yet. I'm not sure whether you are recieving them or not, but please get back to me when you can. I just wanted to check because most people were hearing back far quicker than I.

Thanks a bunch

Johnny

Hey all,

If you've emailed me and I haven't responded I apologise. I underestimated how many of you wanted to get servers up!

For that, the developers have opened a new email; serveradmin@dayzmod.com - and I request that you email them first before you email me. Rather than just me attached to my email, this has several server admins who can aid you in setting up your server.

Any problems, just ask.

Matt

[probably daft] Question regarding the new contact form:

Are server hosting e-mails previously sent outside of the contact form being trawled-through or do people need to re-submit through the contact form?

I don't want to add to what must be an extremely large pile of messages if it can be avoided :)