Sign in to follow this  
Bradders1987

addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'camisc_fix'

Hi everyone,

I am new to Day Z having bought Arma 2 a while ago and purchasing Operation Arrowhead on steam a couple of days ago but I am getting the above mentioned error whenever I try and join a server through DayZ Commander, if I click ok the game loads and I am sent to the Main Menu, from here I choose Multiplayer and then the servers refresh and for some reason most disappear and I am left with 4 or 5 to choose from. No matter which one I choose I get another error saying something about keys and that I should either remove or install them.

I have no idea what is going on and why a mod for a game is so insanely hard to get working??

I should also mention that Arma 2 was bought in store (retail DVD) and Operation Arrowhead is from Steam. I have also updated all DayZ mod versions to their latest and also updated Arma 2 as requested by DayZ Commander so as far as I am aware everything is up to date.

i followed this guide which did not help at all: http://dayzmod.com/f...ors/#entry18541

i installed the latest retail version update for Arma 2 here: http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates

also when I launch via DayZ Commander after the initial error I get an ingame error "no entry 'bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/house.scope" popping up.

Please can someone help me get this mod working!!

Thanks

Edited by Bradders1987

Ah, what was the version that the retail game came with ?

I ask because you canot patch from 1.59 --1.62, you need to go 1.59 -- 1.6 - 1.62.

To be honest I do not have a mixed Retail/Steam set up, so this might help, might not !

Good luck.

I have no idea but i bought the game about 2 years ago.... I'm wondering if i should uninstall everything and just get Arma 2 from steam as well and then try again? Not so keen on buying the game all over again.

I do know I installed both games and just updated via DayZ Commander.

EDIT: I have just found out my Arma 2 is only version 1.04 and needs to be updated to 1.11. trying that now and will post back if it fixes the errors or not.

Do you have both install in one folder to make arma 2 combinend.

no they are in different folders as one is a retail game and the other is a steam game.

updating Arma 2 to 1.11 didnt seem to fix the problem... any solutions out there? :(

Get your hands on a few patches. Upgrade them incrementally from the earliest to the newest? Thats all I can really suggest. Eventually you want to be at the latest version (obviously lol)

no they are in different folders as one is a retail game and the other is a steam game.

updating Arma 2 to 1.11 didnt seem to fix the problem... any solutions out there? :(

http://www.dayzwiki....to_install_DayZ it must work a steam version and a retail version to make arma2 combinend.

Edit: maby this will help as well http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795444

Edited by mokum

You have to patch all the way up to 1.62 ArmAII/CO and then think about beta's.

101747 is good, later are not working as should.

copy the addons folder from arma2 into the arma2 oa folder

run arma2 oa to the menu

click in expansions

make sure the following are enabled

arma2/ca

arma2 oa

arma2 baf lite

arma2 pmc lite

if not enable them and restart then exit the game

Edited by AmberHelios