rocket

DayZ Devblog 22nd February 2013

I think he's getting us out of substantial content because of the release of ArmA III. Maybe they want to focus on this game instead of having us thinking only on DayZ and giving it a chance to the 3rd game of the serie.

Rocket has been pretty quiet lately... That is never a good sign. :(

Never a good sign? Oh ye of little faith.

Except when Rocket tells us before hand that if there is no dev blog its because they haven't had time because they're working on the stand alone.

You should change your post from "Rocket has been pretty quiet lately" to "Rocket has been pretty busy lately". Then the last part makes perfect sense from your perspective. Cause you're not interested in progress, only in someone telling you everything is ok.

Edited by Cinnabuns

Rocket has been pretty quiet lately... That is never a good sign. :(

He is so quiet because every second counts while making the standalone and there is no time for updates! Time shall not be wasted!

It's all for a better outcome guys, we need to CLAM down and wait :)

jj1pxQb.jpg

Edited by Mitunzz_
  • Like 3

while waiting for a new devblog watch this.

there are some clothes and items which would fit well in dayz ;)

while waiting for a new devblog watch this.

there are some clothes and items which would fit well in dayz ;)

prototype futuristic soldier gear would fit in dayz? I like the quality of the models and the general design, but common, it's totally in opposition with what DayZ tries to achieve. I'm already a bit disapointed they're using arma 3 character models and underwear.

some. not all of them..

i like the shorts and the tshirts ;)

edit:

Bambis first find

9RQWMavl.jpg

Edited by siew

The only time Dean was so tight lipped was because his game was breaking in Dec. When the game was coming together, he began talking... everyday- about hats flying into his ass and player models not showing up.

Now Dean went back to being silent and it has me worried. Maybe he is removing derpy hooves canned muffins after the outbreak of anger?

Anywho, lets hope all is well.

The only time Dean was so tight lipped was because his game was breaking in Dec. When the game was coming together, he began talking... everyday- about hats flying into his ass and player models not showing up.

Now Dean went back to being silent and it has me worried. Maybe he is removing derpy hooves canned muffins after the outbreak of anger?

Anywho, lets hope all is well.

me when reading your post..

edit: Dean tell us! if there would be any problem we would accept that! just tell us!! ;(

Edited by joe_mcentire

on a side note, ARMA 3 looks amazing.

currently downloading :)

btw it is interesting to see how much of Arma 3 is used for DayZ...let's hope for the ragdoll and the vehicle physics

so what is this arma everyone is talking about...

It's a free mod for DayZ I think, seems to be pretty popular though.

• Like 2

let's hope for the ragdoll and the vehicle physics

I don't think the ragdoll would be better than the mocap version

It's a free mod for DayZ I think, seems to be pretty popular though.

how i hate those freeloaders...

I don't think the ragdoll would be better than the mocap version

it is mixed..they added ragdoll to the mocaped anims..

What? and this arma i guess was free-to-play then?! what a scam!!!

btw it is interesting to see how much of Arma 3 is used for DayZ...let's hope for the ragdoll and the vehicle physics

seriously the ragdoll in arma 3 look so bad, I don't want that in DayZ. I'd rather have some nice mocapped contextual death anims.

EDIT : I know the game is in alpha, and it might get better, but for the moment the dead bodies often get stuck in walls, clipping all over the place, in the weirdest positions ever. First ragdoll in games 10 years ago (ut 2003, Half Life 2) were looking better than that

Edited by Bat
  • Like 1

You have to remember that ArmA, and ArmA II wern't designed for ragdoll and ArmA III is based off the ArmA engines, so all of a sudden implementing something like ragdoll physics is a big game changer and would be very difficult. I have noticed a couple of things already, obviously not to hard to notice in the alpha stages, in the ArmA engine changing weapons stops you from moving and you're vulnerable where you stand and similar to the other ArmA games falling off a rock for example makes you slide and not be in control of your character, rather than something similar to Battlefield 3 where if you fall off a building you still have control of your character in mid-air. These things have been in ArmA since the beginning and it doesn't seem like they will be changed in ArmA III, but we'll see.

You have to remember that ArmA, and ArmA II wern't designed for ragdoll and ArmA III is based off the ArmA engines, so all of a sudden implementing something like ragdoll physics is a big game changer and would be very difficult. I have noticed a couple of things already, obviously not to hard to notice in the alpha stages, in the ArmA engine changing weapons stops you from moving and you're vulnerable where you stand and similar to the other ArmA games falling off a rock for example makes you slide and not be in control of your character, rather than something similar to Battlefield 3 where if you fall off a building you still have control of your character in mid-air. These things have been in ArmA since the beginning and it doesn't seem like they will be changed in ArmA III, but we'll see.

Im not an arma player so i kinda wonder for what arma was actually designed for? for me it looks like no matter what you want... the arma engine wasnt designed for it so it screws everything up.

• Like 1