Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Blankey

Ethics of a Bandit?

and Dallas im not the sharpest mind but it doesnt take a genius to hold a gun and pull the trigger

• Like 1

and Dallas im not the sharpest mind but it doesnt take a genius to hold a gun and pull the trigger

No, but you do need to be pretty smart to get into Recon. Anyone can use a gun but it takes skill and intelligence to zero a rifle from 800 meters, calculate bullet drop, wind, and multiple other factors and then land a round on target on the first shot.

And just FYI, this is really basic, you don't pull a trigger. Every Marine knows that from when he first steps on the range.

No, but you do need to be pretty smart to get into Recon. Anyone can use a gun but it takes skill and intelligence to zero a rifle from 800 meters, calculate bullet drop, wind, and multiple other factors and then land a round on target on the first shot.

And just FYI, this is really basic, you don't pull a trigger. Every Marine knows that from when he first steps on the range.

yea ik but i made it with a score of 297/300 on PT even though i barely made it on the ASVAB i learned how to use mil dots and how to find ranges as a snipers scouter

Wow this convo took a turn that I did not expect. Dudes arguing about who is really in the Marines, save it for the PM's fellas.

I definately don't follow the "if you're nice for 30 min you can't betray rule". My favorite bandit experience involved me hanging out with two very nice heroes for about 5 hours before I finally got up the courage to off one while the other one was hunting for food for us. Typed "OMG sniper attackt" over chat. Other guy came running back to me. Told him "I think I scared the sniper off so lets loot our 'friend' so we can give him his stuff back when he respawns". Then I shot that guy in the back when he went to loot. Stole their little bird and crashed and burned with it after flying it for like 40 seconds.

The above story I don't think there's any problem with and I think bandits are a key part of the game. My question revolved around begging to live when unarmed only to attack at the earliest opportunity. This is essentially eliminates the one time bandits and non-bandits universally agree that you should not KoS, when someone is unarmed.

I was arguing my point the whole time, he tried to throw in the whole Marine thing out of nowhere. My point is people like him ruin the game, they're turning it into a giant CoD deathmatch.

bandits all the way baby!....

camping snipers can go f*** themselves

Im going to guess you play COD... Its not a round based quick kill game. It takes skill and patience. And if somebody wants to spend hours waiting for that one good kill, thats fine by me.

I'm not a bandit but 100% agree that bandits make the game better. You need them to provide that tension that we all know and love. Even if it sucked, that time when you went sneaking through Cherno only to find yourself faced to face with a bandit who then proceeded to kill you still gave you that feeling of "that was some crazy shit." You know you loved that time when you and your buddy had to clear a building room by room tactical style to make sure you didn't get jumped. Bandits make the game better. What I don't agree with is the idea that EVERY survivor follows the KOS rule. Even heroes do it sometimes. If you wanna shot a bandit on sight that's ok cause chances are do the same but us regular survivors gotta try to trust each other. There are enough guns and ammo in the game to go around and honestly, if two people each other and stick together, they are gonna be better off against those bandits in the future. Plus dont forget about all that missed Brotential and all those stories of how you and your friend survived that huge zombie horde that never happened...

Some people just want to watch the world burn!