Sign in to follow this  
God Dan

Weapons/combat suggestion

I think that there should be a barrel length for each gun and it sticks out in front of you. The gun could bump against walls you are looking around, and it would knock the gun out of your hands, or if you just hit the tip, your accuracy would go down for a little while.

• Like 1

And what purpose would this serve? Other than to make the game overly realistic and annoying?

Edited by FlamingDefibs

They should also allow you to find tools to recrown the barrel in case you damage it.

Well it's so you can't go around hauling huge lmgs and AS50/M107 in towns

• Like 1

Well it's so you can't go around hauling huge lmgs and AS50/M107 in towns

The problem is that in real life it's easy to judge if you're going to bump into something. In the game movement indoors is fairly jerky and you'd be smashing guns into walls no matter what the type.

And what purpose would this serve? Other than to make the game overly realistic and annoying?

Balancing. Shorter weapons would be better indoors, but less accurate. I'm all for it.

Balancing. Shorter weapons would be better indoors, but less accurate. I'm all for it.

It's not as if an AS50 is an ideal indoor weapon already. Have you ever been in a situation where an enemy in the next room had spotted you and you suddenly wished, "Man, if I had an AS50 right now, I would definitely win this firefight without a scratch!"

Probably not, because the time it takes to scope in and aim accurately is long enough, but then you probably will have to wait for the scope to stop swaying because of all the moving you've been doing (standing stock-still in the middle of a town isn't just stupid, it's insane).

Edited by FlamingDefibs

I find this suggestion not really that necessary for it's importance. Guns that are placed from ArMA 2 to DayZ already have their own statistical values, only thing that's been in consideration is the weapon modification with accessories with the support from the modified ArMA 2 engine.

The only beneficial thing about this suggestion is that it'd put realism up by about 10% and this is mostly about how animations would react around objects that are in your arms reach. In-Game, you could do this way by double clicking left Ctrl key by default to lower it anyways.

guys. this is already in the game. hence not being able to turn quickly while in a small corridor if you are holding a weapon. i dont know if the SA will have it or not.

You already have difficulties wielding a long weapon inside narrow places like doors or corridors.

It's not as if an AS50 is an ideal indoor weapon already. Have you ever been in a situation where an enemy in the next room had spotted you and you suddenly wished, "Man, if I had an AS50 right now, I would definitely win this firefight without a scratch!"

Um, yeah.

You can literally just spray it in an enemy's direction and win. Hipfiring is extremely easy with that gun. Semi-Auto and a one shot kill.

But what are the chances are you surviving? Knowing the fairly common lag that happens in games, how likely are you to survive if they have something like an LMG, which does high damage per bullet, and is fully auto?

But what are the chances are you surviving? Knowing the fairly common lag that happens in games, how likely are you to survive if they have something like an LMG, which does high damage per bullet, and is fully auto?

Better than they would be if I had an M4.

It's not a perfect system. Aiming an MP5 versus aiming an M107 is virtually identical. Some kind of system to make gun handling difficult with longer barrels is not a bad idea. A system that improved gameplay would be a difficult one to invent. Just having movement clunky with a longer barrel would not be very fun for players.

It's not a perfect system. Aiming an MP5 versus aiming an M107 is virtually identical. Some kind of system to make gun handling difficult with longer barrels is not a bad idea. A system that improved gameplay would be a difficult one to invent. Just having movement clunky with a longer barrel would not be very fun for players.

In Red Orchestra 2 you have some pretty good collision detection, things like bumped fences will raise and lower your weapon if you sweep it across the top. In Ground Branch, they're implementing a feature where a weapon is pressed up against the character's body if it's too close to an object. Both of these would be affected by length, and I think it would be beneficial.

I also think weight should be a factor, you would be slower to bring around an LMG than a pistol.

Why the hell can you not hit or push zeds?, this would come in handy when you first spawn or when you want to keep quiet and not attract any unwanted attention.

Why the hell can you not hit or push zeds?, this would come in handy when you first spawn or when you want to keep quiet and not attract any unwanted attention.

What does this have to do with barrel length???

What does this have to do with barrel length???

There could be an effect where you can slam a zombie with your barrel. In this case a longer barrel would be better