THEKIDINABOX

SOMEWHERE TO STORE ITEMS IN THE STANDALONE

Safe zones with storage will make DayZ a squirrel simulator like the other game. (Get out safe zone ---> Loot till full ---> Go back ---> Store loots ---> Repeat)

I think there should be like a Safe Town where there is no way to kill anybody and then have a garage where you can store two vehicles only for each player.

And last have a vault to store equipment, this will help to build player relationships and have a place to go.

Sorry not gonna happen; I'd love to have a place that i could make semi secure for the same purpose but Rockets already stated he will not be introducing any such artificial safe zones, like in the game that shall not be named cough "WarZ"

Anyway you really don't want them in the game anyway; trust that people have already been burnt by snipers camping the safe zones on W___Z

Rocket has said this before.. No-one will ever listen.

There wont be any safe zones in DayZ.

I respect your opinion sir but I do not agree.

The idea of Dayz is being a post apocalyptic survival game. If this were to happen, people who survived would form groups and try to save the world in a hell's angels/ lost bortherhood style fashion. In other words trust very few people around you and avoid/kill the rest.

Dayz is very similar in that the few people that you trust are those you actually know:)

I don't know if you watch The Walking Dead but the town of woodbury would possibly be the only type of integration used.

It is a small town blocked off by makeshift walls and it is only two or three street's long. The people inside are rebuilding humanity whilst a constant overwatch is provided because the world is a bad place. As you see in the series, there are times when groups may attack this place and destroy it.

So how would this work in Dayz? How about a a small town with makeshift Tyre walls and fencing that can be broken into and loot can be taken. The town is guarded by a few NPC's and the people inside can work together in orden to build a safe have. Perhaps they cannot shoot a person inside the walls but someone from the outside. Having clans and such on Dayz means that people would most likely launch a tactical attack throwing everyone into chaos whilst they try to find loot/ defend the town.

Hopefully this will make sense to you :) Basically I cannot see it working but there is what I would do if it HAD to be done

My opinion is that you should never be able to "remove" objects out of the game. Any object that you aquired should remain "in game" which means that someone should be able to find then and steal them.

Of course the player is technically removing objects from the game when he logs off. But it's a tradeoff, because the objects are put back in the game when he log back on.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

Bull obviously you need to chill and have a break because acting tough on fourms is obviously making you look bad. Im placing thoughts about maybe some changes to the game and your over reacting... SAD

What you don't understand here is that one of the core concepts of Day Z (and the SA) is that of player driven content and all things at risk at all times. The safest storage you can have is what you carry on your character and how well you can protect what you carry. If you stray from this concept you are no longer playing DayZ

Edited by ShadowJack
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of persistent storage. Heck, I'm not really a fan of tents or instanced underground stashes. I play on a private hive with structures way out in the woods, where camps are often placed anyway. There might be some camo netting to make it tougher for helicopters to spot a vehicle, or an overhang where a tent can be tucked. That's nice, because it codifies the "hide stuff in the woods" minigame and disempowers the primary camp-hunting tactics without encouraging exploits.

• Like 2

I don't like the idea of persistent storage. Heck, I'm not really a fan of tents or instanced underground stashes. I play on a private hive with structures way out in the woods, where camps are often placed anyway. There might be some camo netting to make it tougher for helicopters to spot a vehicle, or an overhang where a tent can be tucked. That's nice, because it codifies the "hide stuff in the woods" minigame and disempowers the primary camp-hunting tactics without encouraging exploits.

I like this post because instead of 'NO THAT REMINDS ME OF WARZ' or 'Ideas: You're doing it wrong. Play something else.', it reasonably assesses the concept, addresses the presented idea itself with the problems the idea would introduce, and then includes an idea of its own that remains on topic.

A good idea, at that. You have my beans.

I respect your opinion sir but I do not agree.

The idea of Dayz is being a post apocalyptic survival game. If this were to happen, people who survived would form groups and try to save the world in a hell's angels/ lost bortherhood style fashion. In other words trust very few people around you and avoid/kill the rest.

Dayz is very similar in that the few people that you trust are those you actually know:)

I don't know if you watch The Walking Dead but the town of woodbury would possibly be the only type of integration used.

It is a small town blocked off by makeshift walls and it is only two or three street's long. The people inside are rebuilding humanity whilst a constant overwatch is provided because the world is a bad place. As you see in the series, there are times when groups may attack this place and destroy it.

So how would this work in Dayz? How about a a small town with makeshift Tyre walls and fencing that can be broken into and loot can be taken. The town is guarded by a few NPC's and the people inside can work together in orden to build a safe have. Perhaps they cannot shoot a person inside the walls but someone from the outside. Having clans and such on Dayz means that people would most likely launch a tactical attack throwing everyone into chaos whilst they try to find loot/ defend the town.

Hopefully this will make sense to you :) Basically I cannot see it working but there is what I would do if it HAD to be done

I really like this idea, but you'd have to be super careful not to make it a 'dungeon' like in MMOs, then people would get to the point where it's no longer a big deal to break in. Love the idea of zombies spawning around it and being shot by NPCs.

I really like this idea, but you'd have to be super careful not to make it a 'dungeon' like in MMOs, then people would get to the point where it's no longer a big deal to break in. Love the idea of zombies spawning around it and being shot by NPCs.

Rick? how the hell you get here?

I'm personally vehemently against any sort of making the game any easier than it is, whether that be via safe haven, NPCs or storage. I would say that storage of loot goes against the entire premise of the game, in that Rocket and much of the community would agree that 'your loot is your level' in terms of a more game-like XP system. By removing the fundamental 'levelling' mechanic from the game, it would be like denying other players experience when you kill them in other games.

Also, safe zones in themselves are illogical. In a Zombie Apocalypse, it's incredibly likely that this kind of place would be endlessly assaulted by zeds (as it smells of fresh meat and thanks to the amount of noise and light such a settlement would make). I'm all for allowing players to try and set up some kind of fortress, but I draw the line at NPCs, as they remove much of the humanity from the experience that a huge number of players play DayZ for.

Another thing I just thought is to do with the semi-confirmed cholera mechanic. Them safe zones better have some proper toilets.

• Like 2

Making it so u can store stuff gonna ruin the game play tbh. u die u loose it all, its perfect in my opinion, however u can store stuff in tents etc thats good enough, even doh ppl can steal it.

Dont want the standalone to turn into a mmo stacking up item game, we have enough of those games around.

Edited by mrcain
  • Like 1

If you want to build a "safe zone", go ahead and try. I'd love to see basebuilding.

NO NPCs, however. We're not going to let you get off easily, if you want men with guns manning the walls, you'd better get some guns and some friends. Some people actually have attention spans that might make guard duty a plausible thing; I've spent thirty minutes waiting for a chopper exfil in a field outside Prigorodki, because my unit suddenly got hit by a massive raid while I was on a scavenging mission. I've also stood watch in Castle Zub for an hour straight.

Day Z is all about what you make it. Bandits like to roam about with their rifle and their ass-hats, Cherno snipers like to sit motionless in the treeline for hours in a ghillie suit, and my guys like to hoard vehicle parts and compulsively stockpile every helicopter on the server with every server reset. We've had two Little Birds and a Huey in the air at one time, it's great.

Anyway, if you want to found a city, you might actually find people who are willing to stand guard. But you simply CAN'T have NPCs for a job, just because you think it's boring or too risky. That's not how Day Z is supposed to be.

• Like 1

I didnt read shit....

store items in a tent or vehicle (like now). Maybe a house,underground, or in a safe if the mechanics are added.

The other problem with secure item storage in SA is that with weapons behaving as objects in game they will be persistent on a server. If you give people the means to store their loot indefinitely then servers will be flooded with high grade weapons and equipment. The value of loot and correspondingly the value of life will drop and the game will truly become a PvP game on a large scale map.

No i want to have a place to go... where its safe for once, and to be able to actually gain something for my long hours of gameplay.

There is no safe, this is the apocalypse. If you want safe go hide in the forest.

I don't understand you people saying "you die, you lose it all".

If you have a team or a tent, nope. (-> this is also why this safe loot saving area is not needed)