unkillable94

Is the term "bandit" losing meaning?

Answer me this.

What is the difference between being robbed (not killed) and left with nothing, and being shot and starting over with nothing?

Does it make someone more Knightly that they took your stuff without shooting you?

Answer me this.

What is the difference between being robbed (not killed) and left with nothing, and being shot and starting over with nothing?

Does it make someone more Knightly that they took your stuff without shooting you?

It means instead of killing you they had the ability to manage to get your stuff without shooting, that's much harder than just shooting someone and taking their stuff.

• Like 1

It means instead of killing you they had the ability to manage to get your stuff without shooting, that's much harder than just shooting someone and taking their stuff.

So in your "opinion" you think people who rob but don't shoot/kill are more honorable than those who do? Even when the end result is the same? That is you are left with nothing?

What if i'm freshly spawned, I loot around, and find a Winchester '66. I then start making my way to a destination I chose to go to. Along my way I notice a player running down the road, and he stops in a shack to check for something. I run past him thinking he will continue down the road so that I can try to ambush him. I notice as he comes out that he has a AKM. In this situation he has a gun better suited for CQC. He continues down the road and I see he is going to go right past me.

With the end result being equal, what has more risk?

A) I speak to the guy over direct chat and tell him to lay down his gun and drop all his gear, including backpack. Will he comply? If he doesn't I have now just given away any chance of surprise for my ambush. My shot difficulty just went up significantly since he is now aware he has an enemy nearby. If he does, how do I even know he dropped his pistol? He could say he didn't have one. Say he says he dropped all his gear, I let him run off. I then go down to the loot pile and start rummaging through it. Who's to say that he can't double back on me and pop me while i'm looking at the loot, with a gun he said he didn't have?

B ) I spot the guy come out of the shack and start running down the road. He's running straight where I thought he would go, and my shot selection is going to be good. He enters my firing lane, and I shoot. I knock him out and now he's just laying there bleeding. I run up to him and pop him a couple more times to put him down. Now I have a little bit of time to go through his body/gear and select what I need, and what I want. I have just KoS this guy running down the road.

Why does option B make me a "douchebag" while option A has more risk with the same reward? That player was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. He was in fact just unlucky. I spotted him, devised a plan, and then executed the plan to minimize risk my players life.

Edited by Tek

Answer me this.

its a better gameplay experience.

your on VOIP with your buddies and one of them is shouting "WTF I'M BEING HELD UP", WHAT DO I DO? is a much better experience than them shouting they just got sniped from god knows where. makes better stories too. OBVIOUSLY.

its a better gameplay experience.

your on VOIP with your buddies and one of them is shouting "WTF I'M BEING HELD UP", WHAT DO I DO? is a much better experience than them shouting they just got sniped from god knows where. makes better stories too. OBVIOUSLY.

Better game play experience according to who? Yours? Why is your game play more "right" than my game play? As long as I am not cheating/hacking/glitching/exploiting than why is the way I choose to play wrong while your way is "right?"

This is not CoD or Battlefield people....not knocking those games I happen to be a fan of some good ole fashioned frag fest action. But I got this game because it was unique and while gun fights seemed more rare than all other shooters they were also a lot more meaningful/fun it seemed (from youtuber vids) but now that I been playing for the last month, its more like a slow ass version of both those games but you have to find a gun usually, instead of spawning with one.

I dont mind dying or shooting it out with bandits...but mostly i find myself fighting other survivors all the time because no one lives long enough to get the bandit skin lmao. Which to me says too much KoS happening. I myself am not a "friendly" or hero but i am not a bandit either....I kill if someone is getting to close to my camp or is headed to the same loot area I am. (airfields tents etc.) Or if you are trying to steal my car lol. REASONS FOR KILLING! lol not just wontan slaughter hk-47 style =P but to each their own. Not saying you can't play like a dick....but it just causes more people to play that same way, dumbing the game down to a point where its just deathmatch on a huge open world.

Do it. Come kill me.

ok then im ready for any immature 8yr old CoD kiddie Edited by ProBanditDrew

True Bandits achieve their goal without killing people ... after all it is all about repeat business. ;)

true.. a bandit should shoot, when the other guy tries to run or shoot back. 1 bullet.

Hopefully bloody clothes will get a high risk of infection. or we can come back as zombies and have our revenge... but some way shooting on sight has to have a downside in the future. of some kind at least.