Raider (DayZ)

Old vs New Bandit skin

Old vs New Bandit skins  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Old bandit skin or New(ish) bandit skin?

Vote for the Old Bandit skin or the New Bandit skin! Personally i think they should of kept the old bandit skin, why downgrade the game because people think its cool? why not upgrade another part of the game (heroes) to balance it?

post-139750-0-11262800-1361061014_thumb.post-139750-0-31212300-1361061027_thumb.

^ New & Old Skins

Edited by Raider
  • Like 3

The old ones were better and lets face it who's going kill someone and the first thing they do is go I want to rap a big white towel around my head, just like a big white target so it's easier to shoot at.

The old skin looked so much more intimidating. It was something to be afraid of. The new skin, though, is just a rag on a survivor skin. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish normal survivors from bandits.

Edited by Willy Wonka
  • Like 1

The older one looks cooler, but on the other hand I've heard people complain it was harder to spot in certain situations, thus giving bandits a bit of an advantage.

Old one was cooler. The new one looked like such an effortless job to create...

I surely like the new one better. More distinctive, easier to spot.

OP clearly didn't distinct between which is the old and which is the new.

The one on the left, with just the thing on his head is the "new" bandit skin, the "old" one is on the right. It was the bandit skin from april-june if I remember correctly.

The old skin looked so much more intimidating. It was something to be afraid of. The new skin, though, is just a rag on a survivor skin. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish normal survivors from bandits.

Exactly.

New one you have to look closely if you cant tell if its a bandit or survival.

I like either or, but the new one, you have the possibility of overlooking it and not noticing its bandit.

Old one was too obvious.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

The old bandit skin is no doubt the best, but bandits taught it unfair that they had to wear any clothing for their crimes against humanity.... So now they have the pleasure of just a "big white towel" around their head as you so nicely put it. (Turban).

Old bandit skin did look nice but, it's hard to spot at times.

Also the change was good because there were ALOT of people killing other players just to get the skin, which is kinda silly.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

But why degrade the skin? why not make the hero skin more bad ass? and the bandit skin is full white! some people saying they are too easy to spot, some people are saying their camo is too much of an advantage! which one is it?!

• Like 1

I want the old skin too, so will there be a chance to get the old one back?

Why give advantage to bandits for such activity? The skin was meant to distinguish regular players from bandits and the new one does exactly that, without giving an edge for doing so

Why give advantage to bandits for such activity? The skin was meant to distinguish regular players from bandits and the new one does exactly that, without giving an edge for doing so

Agree 100%. Old skin was awesome, yes. But it was much to desireable and OP. Everyone wanted to be a bandit because of the skin, not because of the playstyle.

the old one was literally too cool.. I went round killing noobs just to get it

it encourages bad playstyle and general douch-isms

Agree 100%. Old skin was awesome, yes. But it was much to desireable and OP. Everyone wanted to be a bandit because of the skin, not because of the playstyle.

And if they push the hero?

And if they push the hero?

Then they'd have to push the survivor. What about the average Joes? They get stuck with the shit end?

Bandit skin is much easier, so 99 survivors out of 100 would go for the one of the desirable skins, and it would be the bandit. Hero skin is cooler than bandit skin because it is much harder to get in reality without exploiters that get it unfairly. Unless the Bandit skin becomes as equally hard to get as the Hero, then I don't think it should be pushed.

Then they'd have to push the survivor. What about the average Joes? They get stuck with the shit end?

Bandit skin is much easier, so 99 survivors out of 100 would go for the one of the desirable skins, and it would be the bandit. Hero skin is cooler than bandit skin because it is much harder to get in reality without exploiters that get it unfairly. Unless the Bandit skin becomes as equally hard to get as the Hero, then I don't think it should be pushed.

No then there are more camo and ghillie suits for the survivors ;)

Old skin used ARMA's KSK skins. Still looks a hell of a lot better though.