Raider (DayZ)

Do you want Wild Animals in DayZ? Yes or No?

Do you want wild animals in DayZ  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want wild animals in DayZ

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

(POLL) VOTE YES, NO OR OTHER AND EXPLAIN WHY IN THE COMMENTS! :)

I vote Yes! long 2 hour running sessions could be made more interesting if bears and wolves etc where roaming about!

Edit: thanks admin who added poll, didnt know i could to that :P

Edited by Raider
  • Like 2

Please add another answer: "Other, reason in the comments" or something similar. I choose this, my reasons are in the other topic you made, as well as an alternate version of this.

YES, because it adds to the exitement of the game! and makes a change from zombies chasing you probly cant just hide in a bush to get away aswell :D

Yes!!! Bears, cougars, wolves, birds of prey, skunks, squirrels, badgers, deer..

Edit:

Also with birds of prey (owls, hawks, eagles) could attack rabbits and other small animals for food. Something for the immersion i guess and would be really cool to see an eagle swoop down and grab the rabbit you've been chasing.

Edited by A Lumberjack

I tried the Clay Dogs scripts in the editor and those dogs are pretty mean... if they can catch you, since they always run at human speed instead of using their sprint.

I'm pretty sure someone could re-texture the Alsatian to look like a wolf, give it howling and snarling sounds, and make sure that it sprinted when attacking. It would be terrifying to encounter a pack of them.

It would be authentic, too, since wolves are native to Russia and Eastern Europe.

• Like 1

Some smaller creatures in the undergrowth would be cool too. Penguins for Namalsk.

• Like 3

Zebras? I looove zebras! Can I have one? Also, lemurs are pretty cool animals. Don't know how they actually look like, but I'm sure it would be awesome in the game!

As long as they aren't always hostile, then yes. It always annoys me in games when animals are portrayed as enemies that always try to kill you, when many times they'd just run away.

I agree with the above comments, I only vote yes if the animals aren't always hostile. And wild wolves, if added, should be pacified by meat before they attack (if they attack). If there was a 10sec period before animals attack where you could either run far enough enough away or drop meat and run, that would be cool. As a lone player, it would be hard to survive in the woods if instead of finding meat to heal my low health, I find a pack of wolves.

So I guess what I'm saying is, yes, add animals, as long as they aren't certain death for a prepared player.

I'm all for having more animals in the game, especially hostile ones. Wolves, bears, moose, deer, wild dogs, it would make the game world more engaging.

I voted yes, because after any apocalypse, all the pet dogs would revert into a wild wolf-behavior (maybe not as strong or fierce depending on breeds) And all the wild animals would thrive without such a reduced population of humans, but the numbers depend on just when DayZ is based after the disaster, pretty recent i imagine, so there wouldn't be too many wild animals making their way back into human environments yet.

plus, DayZ can extend into more territory of the "survival" genre in the standalone, with their implementation of crafting, and cooking, and more. Hunting-gathering and protection from wild animals is a natural extension of the world DayZ will be creating