Sign in to follow this  
indominator

A rant by an explorer

Ok, lets get this over with, i like team deathmatch, i may even buy a game for it, yes i like COD and its pvp, but i played most of the single player and some few matches here and there, but i loved much more the Cave by double fine, which is awesome, i am not a pvp player.

So, lets just say you are an old dog, and you dont want to be beaten by 15 yolds who have better control skills than you, or you just suck in most shooters despite beying young, and you like to explore, zombies and minecraft building stuff. So you hear about the holy grail that is dayz, you pc may suck but you can play it with low specs with a decent enough frame rate. You master the world, group up or joing a clan, you get better loot and survive more and more, mastering everything, maybe get killed or kill some people, but you survive, than you go and discover vehicles can be repaired, you make some and have loads of fun, its like you were actually surviving and seeing the bright side of the apocalypse, you discover lots of new places, from the radio station, to abandoned castels to a totally destroyed town, all of cherno has a different aspect, each is unique and its all beautiful, then you get to pilot a chopper, nothing could be better. And then you face a serious problem, you ran out of things to do and discover, your friends like pvp, so you go and help them you still try to keep the bright side of the game, you steal stuff now, its awesome to rob cars and ambush, but then it starts to fade away slowly, you wanted to see new places.... and theres nothing new to do, at least you play with your friends.

And this is where i get at, my friends stoped playing it, they went to ++++ but as we all know its pure garbage, so now they are looking for a new thing to play, but most of what they play is bf3, and i love dayz for what it has brought to me, it made me understand that i am an explorer, i dislike a little pvp and doing the same thing over and over again.

Geez, i am bored with most games that are out now, i play them once for the story, and i almost never play it again. But it looks like the new map is gonna be full of new stuff, wow, utes has been added. But is it just the same boring cherno or is it being totally reworked and modified? Oh look, new areas, a swamp, hmm a new area? shouldnt it be the new kamenka? well, what about caves? I loved them on dear esther, they were gorgeous, oh, in 2014 it appears, well, what about bases? the mod people are working on it, probably will rip it off from wasteland, its nice, but its too military and not something you try to scavenge for, you just get a piece and put it there.... but its sure nice the bases afterwards... but its all for pvp....

well, at least we are going to have character customization, its a plust, but nothing like the areas in dear esther.... proteus sure is nice and has nice islands, journey is also fantastic, well, i just hope in the future when i hear about it again it becomes the holy grail is was promised...

tldr: a great quantity of people came for the holy grail, we got it, but it wasnt what we expected, and we are the non pvp guys, so until it becomes our holy grail most of us are gone...

• Like 1

Sounds like ya need to use the editor and load up Chernarus without any ambient lifeforms...

• Like 1

Sounds like ya need to use the editor and load up Chernarus without any ambient lifeforms...

tumblr_mdz3c09QsO1qg898o.jpg

Hello there

I don't remember the marketing team stating that the mod was "The Holy Grail".

If one doesn't like the mod then one can simply not play it.

Try different SP missions in arma. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

www.armaholic.com

Lots of great stuff there.

Rgds

LoK

I get what your saying OP, You are stating that this game, started out as a Zombie Survival simulator, and that you are willing to accept PvP and as a neccessity. But the way the game works now, how it seems that most people just PvP without actually surviving takes away from the rest of the game.

My suggestion to you, Go on the Private Hives, some don't allow PvP.