Sign in to follow this  
colekern

Does this ever annoy anyone else?

Have any of you guys ever thought about why there are so many English speaking people with American and British accents running around in Russia in this game? I don't know why, but this has always annoyed me. An argument could be made that we play as Russian characters who are actually speaking Russian, but.... I don't wanna be Russian. No offence Russians.

Now I'm kinda forced to come up with a storyline as to how the characters got there, dang it.

To be completely honest I find it interesting. It adds to the atmosphere of the game. It gives you a sense of being "lost" in a foreign environment.

I learned to speak Russian just for DayZ. Speaking English ruins the immersion for me.

• Like 1

I learned to speak Russian just for DayZ. Speaking English ruins the immersion for me.

Hmm... that's an interesting reason to say the least. And if I may ask, is it a hard language to learn? Sure it's a whole new alphabet but in terms of grammar and pronunciation how challenging it is?

I have no idea. I didn't actually learn Russian.It was my poor attempt at a joke. Learning the Cyrillic alphabet is supposed to be tough from what I heard.

I have no idea. I didn't actually learn Russian.It was my poor attempt at a joke. Learning the Cyrillic alphabet is supposed to be tough from what I heard.

What? No.... alphabets are ALWAYS easy to learn. Put it on your screen, write it down 50 times, you basically got it. Japanese (hiragana/katakana), Korean (hangul), Russian (cyrillic)... it's all just different signs for letters or syllables. Unless you're somehow learning impaired, you can pick it up on a good afternoon. Of course you need to be using it occassionally to stay fresh - my last russian course was 4 years back so I had to remember it again when looking at road signs.

Hello there

Then I must be impared, I still can't read cyrillic.

Rgds

LoK

I was going to give you one of these :o for your extreme gaming devotion. But sympathy or empathy beans for the joke getting lost from my, "over thinking" your post... mind you this does not happen for me much. :P

I could try and speak in a bad Russian accent on TS.