Sign in to follow this  
p4triot

"What I would like to see in the next PatchNotes"

I've created this topic to discuss what new DOABLE add's you would like to see with the next Day Z update (And by doable I mean addons in the line of the ones added until today. Fixing zombies walking through wall doesn't fit to me as a doable as it is a graphic engine issue).

This is some of what I would like to see

- Infection can now kill you by dropping your blood to 2000 at normal speed, and keeps droping it to 0 at -0.5bu/s (blood unit/second) until death. It gives you an hour more or less to get a cure. However, you still gain blood by transfusion or by eating. (As a matter of fact, you can keep yourself alive with just a simple foodcan every 5 min, a can restores +200bu and you lose -150bu within that time. Eating any sort of animal meat will result even better).

- Blood bags now take up to 5 min to refill your blood (depending on how much blood left you have). That would be around 12000bu/300s = +40bu/s. Being hit within that time will result in blood refilling to stop. Blood bags effect can't be stacked (only one at a time applies).

- As long as your temperature is good, you ain't tired (as you are after a sprint) and your hungry/thirsty icons are completely full, you will automatically gain +3bu/s (it takes more than an hour to full restore your health, and only if you're in perfect conditions -besides blood-). Any type of injure such as bleeding or an infection will stop the gaining.

- Can't drink/eat more than once every 5 min.

- Eating/Drinking and using medical consumables on yourself (bandage/painkillers) is now possible inside vehicles (this is doable?)

- [New added item] Amphetamine (hospital/helicrash loot) - Gives you +400bu plus momentarily restores your senses (blurr vision/hearing) for 5 min.

- [New added item] Energy Drink (Residential) - Gives you +400bu and restores your thirst.

- [Change on existing item] Water Bottle can now be used two times ("Full Water Bottle" -> "Half Empty Water Bottle" -> "Empty Water Bottle"). - This way it can be shared. Not possible with cans.

- [Change on existing item] Cows give you now at least 20 meat steaks. (As you can only use 1 every 5 min, is not possible someone kills a cow and restores all his blood in the spot. And lets face it, it is a cow, you should be able to feed an entire group from one single cow).

This changes allow multiple pretty good ways to restore one's health but not as easy as spamming meat like it is now.

+600bu from a steak

+400bu from anfetamines

+400bu from energy drink

+3bu/s*300s = +900bu

== 2300bu in 5 min.

== Almost half an hour to restore yourself completely. Seems pretty fair to me

Hope R4Z0R49 likes some of my ideas :D

Edited by p4triot

+ add a visual indicator you are infected: fever, so higher temperature

- remove the aggro for gutting an animal

- remove the need of a tin can to boil water

+ stack bolts and/or add a magazine to crossbows (crossbows have clips so they can old 3-5 arrows easily)

+ make items fall on the ground if the inventory/backpack is full

+ make flashlight and hatchet automatically switchable

I like more meat on cows (and maybe boars) and the gradual re-gen from food and beverages.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_
  • Like 1

- Blood bags now take up to 5 min to refill your blood

Does that mean you have to sit for 5 minutes and refill your blood or do you get a "buff" refilling your blood over time?

Other than that I actually like the ideas, especially that you aren't able to get to full blood instantly by spamming food, but instead needs to be even more careful around some places while replenishing your health.

Would be nice with some rare medical items (Rare items, and should take ~5-10 seconds to use) which would restore a decent amount of health (like around 4-6000) for use in certain situations. If too over-powered, you could add a "debuff", which would make you loose that blood again over time (but not below lets say 1000 health).

Keep up the good work.

-remove third person

-replace the Lee enfield spwans with bolt action rifels(not sniper rifels) because endfield are a bit to OP to be starting weapons...

-remove all starting loot from new character that means no backpack so you can find your own because there are even smaller backpacks than the starting backpack in the games and that is a bit weird...

-give zombies more health

-give zombies more damage

-remove third person

-replace the Lee enfield spwans with bolt action rifels(not sniper rifels) because endfield are a bit to OP to be starting weapons...

-remove all starting loot from new character that means no backpack so you can find your own because there are even smaller backpacks than the starting backpack in the games and that is a bit weird...

-give zombies more health

-give zombies more damage

I mean its a post soviet state why are there so many Lee enfields?!

They should have Russian made bolt action rifles instead its more logical!

[Fixed]-Zombies now run straight at you and don't look like they're artificially fast.

-Zombies attack animation isn't like a spasm

-Zombies cant move/hit through walls

-Zombies have new different states "full aggro", "searching", "beserk"

Or something like this anyway...

My wishlist would be:

[crafting system]

- added following items to industrial area spawns: metal pipes, metal bars, metal sheets, car battery, electrical wires, fertilizer, radio-walkie-talkie, lock

- added new crafting system relying on "workbench". to create a workbench you need to find the following items: wrench, nuts&bolts, pressing device (my bad english, cannot remember the correct word), scrapmetal, welding apparatus and table-top. these items can be found in various lootspawns around chernarus!

- you can use workbench to create basic materials for crafting; a lot of recipes added for players to find out:

- common recipes include:

*5xtin cans = water container (can be used to boil water w/o tincans in inventory as it is metal, not plastic like the loot-waterbottle)

*10xtin cans = scrapmetal

*4x metal sheets + lock = metal chest with a lock and a key to store items. beware: loose the key, loose acces!

*2xscrapmetal + 2x metal pipes + 2x metal sheet + car battery + electrical wires = engine

*4x metal pipes + 2x metal sheets = ATV frame

*2x metal pipes + 1x metal sheets = motorbike frame

*1x metal pipes + 1x metal sheets = bicycle frame

*ATV-frame + engine + 4 wheels + 4 scrapmetal + 4 electrical wires = ATV

*motorbike frame + engine + 2 wheels + 2 scrapmetal + 2 electrical wires = motorbike

*bicycle frame + 2 wheels + scrapmetal = bicycle

*2x metal pipes + 2x fertilizer + scrapmetal + carbattery + wires = pipebomb with wire detonator

*2x metal pipes + 2x fertilizer + scrapmetal + carbattery + wires + 2x radio walkietalkie = remote wireless detonable pipebomb

[zombies]

- fixed zombies running; they now come at you in straight line

- fixed zombie movement indoors; they now run indoors with 50% of the speed outside

- increased zombie damage and running speed

- added randomly spawning herds of zombies to forests

- added wandering zombies to open fields

- all buildings now spawn zombies at server start, and respawn them when they wander of too far to trigged despawn. removed mechanics where zombies despawn without player presence; zombies now spawn regardless of player presence and are only despawned if they wonder too far from their initial spawn. zombies only despawn whey they are not in combat. expect towns and villages to be zombie-populated at all times

- when zombie is killed, there is a five minute respawn timer.

[medical stuff]

- revamped the infection; there are now three different viruses; common flu, food poisoning, mysterious Z-infection

- common flu is caused by low bodytemperature; if you are getting cold get indoors and stay warm. symptoms; fever (shaky screen, loss of colors), caugh (atracts zimbies!). cure: stay warm, use pain medicine, drink fluids

- food poisoning: eating raw meat or drinking unboiled water, very low chance to get from canned food also. to completely avoid: always cood your dinner! symptoms: bloodloss untill 2k health, fever, loud vomiting. cure: medical charcoal (added to hospital tents), pain medicine, boiled water

- mysterious Z-infection: 20% chance to be infected if hit by zombies. symptoms: slow bloodloss untill dead, fever. cure: z-biotics, that can now be found in hospitals and mecidal tents.

- curing broken limbs now requires splints to be used with morphine, splints can be found in military and medical spawns

Edited by Kuolio

Keep adding crap that only makes the game fun for the few sqeeekie wheels.......

Another thing I would like to see is new added chats such as

- Added "shout chat", can be heard/read at 400m range (in an apocalytpical world you won't have the noise contamination we have today, a shout could be heard really long away.

- Added new item: radio

- Added "radio chat": can be heard/read around all the map for every player having a connected radio (should be able to disconnect the radio, I don't wanna get scared by a surprising scream when I'm trying to sneak or to focus on smth)

First, Energy Drinks don't restore blood in Real Life.

Second, Promoting drugs in a game isn't exactly good.

- Remove a ghillie suit from a dead body

- Be able to use a blood bag on yourself

- You can fill a blood bag with somebody elses blood and save it for when you lose blood (although if its left too long you can become sick or infected from it)

- Harsher temperature especially when it rains

- lower the blood level required for getting knocked unconscious by a zombie

- Already been mentioned but crossbow bolts should be carried in a bunch as one in the inventory

- Make it easier to recover steel bolts especially from dead bodies

- waypoints should show up on gps

- Add more bolt action snipers

- tin cans will seem to actually distract zombies when thrown

+ Hand Shake Humanity System

+ Add bolt action rifles (22.)

+ Running for to long will cause you to trip over.

- Remove curse on green mountain

- Take away aggro from eating

- there should be a button to be able to switch to axe like switching from pistal to primary...Stupid that you can't. Especially after the new update. If you don't have an SD weapon this is the next best thing. Silly that you need to drop your primary to equipt hatchet...

- Broken glass causes fuel leakage on helis...?

You should NOT be able to blood bag yourself, that's silly.

And being able to eat and drink only once every 5 minutes? That's dumb. Where's the logic in that?

• Like 1

You should be able to continuously, but eating too much could cause your character to throw up. Doing so would attract nearby zombies and dehydrate you faster.

Elephants that shoot lasers from their eyes.

And more skins for civilians / survivors.

• Like 2

I'd like to see slightly increased damage values for the M1911A1 to compensate for its limited 7 round loadout, its stopping power is IMO pretty low. Furthermore its sights are little misaligned lol.

IMO the macarov SD should be in game just as the M9SD

Not sure if I want see zeds getting even more damage ability, due to painful animations we have to deal with atm, it wouldn't seem as wise move. (those bastards always seem to get me while im doing some sort of 2 minute long animation)

Randomly assigned blood type to character would require player to use only his blood type to regain any blood, however player can use blood bags on his / her own. (discussion took place elsewhere)

IED's -( IED -small) and other small explosives are a must have devices and should compensate for lack of any kind of boobie traps. However, small IED should get reduced damage values so that they can be used indoors without even damaging the building ( higher damage than M67 hand grenade but should leave building completely intact and should not make vehicles explode when placed next to a road for an ambush, and /or more explosive types should be included )

and finally, I'd be absolutely delighted to have some basic sounds replaced. I'm talking about the sounds that are so bad that terrorize my ears like the G17 hand gun. I chose to not even use that weapon because I simply hate its pathetic sound. I also dislike AK - AKM sounds and actually M16, M4 sounds are just as bad.

Anyways, if we please could have those somehow replaced by some others I'd be very, very thankful. Nice sounds can be found in mods like ACE, JSRS and others, jsut to name some major. I'm sure one of the creators would be happy to give a permission to use them :)