Sign in to follow this  
Lido

Surviving tips for the unarmed?

Title, anyone have any decent tips for unarmed players survival (Aside from looting, the bugger doesn't have a gun and bandits are chasing him)

One thing I do in scenarios of lack of weaponry, I play audio files of gun fire in my mic. It does scary away noobie bandits. Anyone got any tips for the weaponless?

Low and slow, mostly advice for zombies though, that or just run from industrial building to industrial building till you find an ax.. Might want to be careful with that recorded gunfire, more likely to get shot at by non bandits IMO.

Try to lose them in buildings if possible. Stay out of open fields and always try to stay in cover. If you do find yourself on the receiving end of gunfire, zig-zagging is your friend.

Lol, putting too much thought into this. If you don't have a weapon within 5 minutes of spawn(if you dont spawn at krutoy cap), you are just bad and deserve to have your brain stem severed by a sniper.

Run like hell to the nearest barn without caring about zombies or other players AT ALL.

Zombies will never reach you and only a genuine a**hole would kill a bambi chased by Zombies.

Most likely you will find there an hatchet. Equip it and kill all the Zombies who were chasing you. Loot their bodies, then the barn. It all starts from there.

_Anubis_

If you are playing on a server where you start without a hatchet, you need to look ahead before going anywhere. If you see zombies more than 300m away from you, someone else is there and you should assume they are armed. It may take some time to remember them all, but always look ahead for buildings that have multiple entrances, the bigger the better. Once you get a hatchet start looking for the nearest pine tree or large bush as well as the building with multiple entraces. Always knowing where you can run when the crap hits the fan is the most important thing you can know. If you don't have a weapon within the first thirty minutes of play you're doing something wrong. Within that amount of time you can run from the coast to Starry Sobor and probably pass a dozen or more weapons just in that straight line.

Unarmed being chased by bandits? New spawn I assume? I'd stand there and hope they shot me so I could commend them on their bravery for taking on a lone, unarmed survivor..