Sign in to follow this  
ShokeR (DayZ)

What is the problem of Dayz?

Nope,do not agree with this at all, I have made a thread that probs found its way to the graveyard but Private Hives are the way to go. More of a community in them, while some private hives I would never play, such as the ones where you start with gear (like what) I like the one I play on, made improvements in the code, such as loot spawning everywhere as soon as the first people log in the server, adding new buildings and loot spots on places that usually arent explored. No no no, while some may be bad, the over all of the Private Hive case is that you find what you like, not to mention it reduceds the PVP, certain you have your well known bandit groups in the small private server I play on, but the other survivors after a month of being opressed overthrew their rule of "running the server" by coming together. This is DayZ and this is your story. My story belongs with my community I have built a reputation with. Not with a bunch of random people all the time on random servers. Not to mention it takes away the odd's of someone spawning in behind you when they know you are inside a building or what not...

My 2 cents.

I agree. Private hives are the way to go.

1. You generally have active admins who try to promote their servers and kick off any hackers, cheaters, dupers. As long as the admins are good. That's why when you find a good private hive you put it in favorites.

2. You do get that community you talked about. You may not help someone you're talking to, but people learn who people are. I woudlnt' say that it cuts back on PvP, but it does help make the PvP better. You start competing against a group over a period of time you learn to respect them and also learn different tactics and strategies.

I only ever play on private hives now. Mainly Lingor Island and Panthera. Both are much better than Chernarus. Now if we could only get the base building like in DayZ+ those maps would be even better.

I like the private hives with side chat and other maps, like Taviana, much better than regular Chernorus. Reason: Different difficulty settings, more things to see, fun with chat and being social while surviving. Some of the servers got tons of vehicles, for instane, while others are even more difficult than the regular servers. It's so much cooler to have a real choice.

So yeah, some of the server's aren't as die hard difficult and unforgiving as the original, but that's kind of the appeal anyway. How it's "diluting" the original is beyond me. Does it dilute water that I would rather drink milk? Lol, dorks!

Edited by kebman

I know this has been mentioned a lot, but the biggest and toughest guns in the game should be removed or made more rare. I'm talking about AS50s and M107s, that sort of thing. I mean honestly, would you expect to see a bunch of guys in a zombie apocalypse running around with massive anti-material sniper rifles on their back? I think not. Personally, I can get along fine with a CZ 550.

Bandit is someone who kill without reason, and yes I still think most of the community are bandits.

I didn't say there is a problem with bandits, i meant to say there are too many bandit.

Also you can't compare Dayz to LoL or Cod , and again when i say PVP game is i mean bandit game, because this game is about survival and PVP, but the problem is PVP is more foucsed in this game when survival barely noitceable.

I thought all about this subject and I really think this problem exists because of other problems in the game.

Let's take for exmaple the zombies, the zombies are the "basic" of the game, Dayz is based on zombies that destroyed everything.

But there is one problem, they are buggy as HELL! , how you play a game without the basics?

So if the zombies are so buggy players have no choice but to foucs on the other side of the game, PVP.

Every Dayz player know how buggy the zombies are.

Try to play this game on an empty server, it will be easy and boring as hell becasue the zombies are buggy like i said and you can just ignore them by running through buildings.

You say there is no problem, but there is a problem.

Everyone saying "In real life nobody care about each other and will kill each other", but in real life people will come to a city just to kill people for fun? i guess not.

I played some with the new patch, the zombies killed me, why? becasue i was trapped inside the house and they teleport inside the out or hit me behind the walls becasue the house was very narrow.

This is another example why survival isn't very good scripted in this game.

Insted of making new food to eat, improve the basic of the game and make the zombies less buggy.

Why do you think the sniper in chenro and elktro doing this? for loot? no, they are doing this for fun.

How they got so much ammo to waste on fresh spawners ? becasue the zombies are weak, people sever hopping and getting alot of gear or just hacking (server hope and hacking is the same for me).

AS50 should be rarest weapon in the game but for some reason i find someone with this sniper everyday running around cherno,

And i don't think that someone who just found a rare gun will go sucide with it.

Anyway, what i mean is a problem leads to other problem, and you need to solve the basic problems to solve the others problems.

Most of this post is irrelevant as your complaints will be stifled in the glorious development of the Standalone. Yes, I say development, as the release will likely still have a FEW of the bugs you enjoy today.

Did you know that....?

....DayZ is an ALPHA mod?

Know you know!

If you've ever played, or even SEEN a picture of Minecraft Alpha, you'd be running back to DayZ, that is, if you saw what minecraft looks now, when the rare generation error doesn't occur.

And, I don't compare DayZ to LoL or CoD. You said that DayZ is a PvP game, and it's a bandit game because of it. I said that there are games that are PvP and NOT bandit games- it doesn't matter what genre, it's just to prove the point that DayZ is not a "bandit game" because of PvP. It is a survival game because of the way PvP goes down, and also because of the zombies. What about wasteland? That's PvP survival. Is it a bandit game? No, it's not. I've made plenty of friends there, but even so, you never know what anyone is going to do, or what guns they have. They don't shoot for personal gain. They shoot to make sure whatever threat there may be does not come back to kill them. That's not being a bandit. That's surviving, and what most players in DayZ do as well. Maybe it's wrong. who cares. You do what you have to do. Life is a game you play to win with no expectation of actually doing it. You can't just keep rolling the dice and hope for a good roll. You gotta make that luck. Any way you can.

No one will argue that the zombies are buggy, but that's being fixed! You're yelling about a problem that's being worked on, and is probably already finished! Why else would Matt and Rocket make a video on just clothes and swamps? Because the zombies are buggy still? No! Because they want us to be surprised and see them when they're finished and amazing, not ruin it while they're still being worked on! (I'm was not yelling, just using emotion, lol :P )

Also, think this way: there could be a man who can lift 200 LBS. Is he weak? No. There could be a man who could life 500 LBS. Is the man who can lift 200 LBS weak? No. The zombies are not weak. They can kill you, especially in the new patch, and have claimed many, many lives since it went live. The guys with all the ammo are just STRONGER than them. And... stealth beats any amount of zombies. The first step in NOT DYING from zombies? Not having them aggro'd to you! That's what they do. Simple as that. Or just gung-ho kill all the zeds at the airfield and load everything in before more come.

And yes, you're right, people don't kill people for fun IRL, but I never said that.

I said, IN THE CIRCUMSTANCE, that random strangers who didn't know eachother at all washed up on the beach, in a country that they didn't know anyone in, that was lawless and completely overrun by zombies, you better believe the majority would smile while they killed anyone they could. They don't know them. Dejected. Just another pretty face to plant in the ground, nothing more. No consequences. Nothing. If this happened in real life, I expect DayZ to be a pretty accurate outcome. There are decent people. When you look at the Walking Dead game and AMC series, you see that. But those people know eachother. Or, they live in the same state. Near eachother. They all saw their towns fall. They all share that. What do we share in DayZ? A skin. There isn't enough flak in the game to stop a bullet from the barrels of their guns.

Just live with it, or die, because that's the direction you're headed if you don't.

I agree. Private hives are the way to go.

1. You generally have active admins who try to promote their servers and kick off any hackers, cheaters, dupers. As long as the admins are good. That's why when you find a good private hive you put it in favorites.

2. You do get that community you talked about. You may not help someone you're talking to, but people learn who people are. I woudlnt' say that it cuts back on PvP, but it does help make the PvP better. You start competing against a group over a period of time you learn to respect them and also learn different tactics and strategies.

I only ever play on private hives now. Mainly Lingor Island and Panthera. Both are much better than Chernarus. Now if we could only get the base building like in DayZ+ those maps would be even better.

Private hives suck.

1. You have control freak admins who restart the server or kick/ban someone because they killed or tried to kill an admin.

2. You have immature douchebag admins who don't know how to run a server.

3. the community constantly ignores you in side chat, breaking the immersion of the game and complaining about deaths.

4. They're full of little shats who want all gear on spawn and, like an above posts mentions, "feel they have an entitlement to LIVE".

Need more?

I hope this is still a discussion and not just an argument.

Private hives

I vote the Private Hives. You definitely find great ones but it is hard.

I have been playing for a long while. My friend has not had the luxury of being able to play but he was dying to.

I remember telling him stories about finding my first gun, chopper crash and vehicle. Those few things had to be searched for, earned and going prone for hours. The other day he finally came over and used my PC.

He clicked on a server and spawned with a M4CCOSD, M9sd and a few thousand morphine and cooked meats.

The first words out of this dudes mouth were : "LETS KILL SOME BITTCCHHEEES!" He ran around getting pissed when he couldn't navigate even with the map and was ready to abort. I Jumped in and told him where to run and he walked into a field in elecktro and got shot.

"im disappointed, i waited so long to play this and I dont like it."

once your spoon-fed gear, shit sucks.

Banditry

I read a Thread a while back and it was the most interesting to actually hear some smarts rather than just crying.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49518-banditry-exploded/ - page 3 starts the interesting bit.

Map size

Chernaurus and Namalsk are my favorite for the size. UTES was more like Hunting except you are the game. Fallujah and Takistan are great with max vehicles.

I just feel that if you can cover long distances relatively quick, its gotta be more rare. Either that or its a different play style.

Its a fine line between distances you can cover on foot or vehicle, to still capture heart pounding adrenaline. (as soon as shit starts going down when you thought it was downtime)

I say lets get back to the roots of zombie survival how DayZ was meant to be played if you can't buy it at walmart you can't have it in starting spawn gear, everything else is fair game.

Id say the problem is too many people dont want to play a game where you have to survive; they would rather play a game where you start out with half the tools already and a good weapon in a server with over 300 vehicles. allowing third person and side chat ruin the immersion in the game, and the abundance of unfitting guns (dmr,as50,m14,m107,mk48) also fuck it over. the zombies are currently complete shit, but they will be hopefully fixed for standalone. the character animations are also really bad along with the inventory system and loot spawning system. i really hope that in standalone the surviving aspect gets to the point where its nearly impossible to live, and only the best players will become well geared

I find it funny how a majority of people on these forums claim to be friendly. Yet a majority of IGP kill on sight. I think PVPing is cool and all. But the bad guys are outweighing the good guys. What we need is a penalization system that makes the game more difficult for bandits somehow. Maybe an in game reputation that shows up by the players name? idk. Just shooting ideas..... And bandits

I find it funny how a majority of people on these forums claim to be friendly. Yet a majority of IGP kill on sight. I think PVPing is cool and all. But the bad guys are outweighing the good guys. What we need is a penalization system that makes the game more difficult for bandits somehow. Maybe an in game reputation that shows up by the players name? idk. Just shooting ideas..... And bandits

No. Bad idea. We're not going to restrict playstyles.

• Like 1

I find it funny how a majority of people on these forums claim to be friendly. Yet a majority of IGP kill on sight.
The majority of players aren't on the forums.

KoSers are clearly the less sociable players, so it makes sense that there'd be less of them here.

As for reputation. You gain that yourself in-game.

If I interact with someone, whether it was good or bad, I tend to remember them (at least for a little while). That's the only system we need.

An obvious pest within this revolutionary game is the considerable amount of hackers that plague it's inner coding and the atmosphere that the developers have... developed.

A considerable problem, but one that comes with obvious reason, is bugs (alpha, dur). But this is a minor problem in the least, as it only affects those who go all the way when it comes to the sandbox extent of Arma/DayZ.

Bandits I do not count as a problem to be perfectly honest. They are simply an obstacle that all players have to face in order to SURVIVE. In any apocalyptic or catastrophic event, several short-sighted individuals will go down the route of banditry, theft, and even murder to get the essentials in order to survive. I believe Rocket made this game to box you in an area of unfamiliarity, surrounded by people that you don't know are a threat until you are at the mercy of the barrel of a gun. The emotional and moral purposes of DayZ are outfitted well, if not established flawlessly, as it doesn't require coding to have human moral dilemmas.

• Like 1

The only problem with DayZ is that its a mod that can't be easily fixed, then again, it was never expected to become such a successful mod, which brought out the most problematic elements of it, of which, its still an alpha mod. People expect it all to just work and really forget that this mod isn't supposed to be stable, fully featured, and perform well. I'd be more surprised if the mod had no problems and was still considered an alpha lol

If I had to just pick something that I had a real problem with, its simply zombies. People that Kill On Sight or bandits aren't a problem, that is just how someone chooses to play the game. The game is a survival game based on the zombie apocalypse, but we have zombies with crazy AI that makes little sense, with their high speed and many bugs. I don't expect that to get fixed and really, most folks are just holding out for the standalone anyways lol

Edited by Maxgor

Most of this post is irrelevant as your complaints will be stifled in the glorious development of the Standalone. Yes, I say development, as the release will likely still have a FEW of the bugs you enjoy today.

Did you know that....?

....DayZ is an ALPHA mod?

Know you know!

If you've ever played, or even SEEN a picture of Minecraft Alpha, you'd be running back to DayZ, that is, if you saw what minecraft looks now, when the rare generation error doesn't occur.

And, I don't compare DayZ to LoL or CoD. You said that DayZ is a PvP game, and it's a bandit game because of it. I said that there are games that are PvP and NOT bandit games- it doesn't matter what genre, it's just to prove the point that DayZ is not a "bandit game" because of PvP. It is a survival game because of the way PvP goes down, and also because of the zombies. What about wasteland? That's PvP survival. Is it a bandit game? No, it's not. I've made plenty of friends there, but even so, you never know what anyone is going to do, or what guns they have. They don't shoot for personal gain. They shoot to make sure whatever threat there may be does not come back to kill them. That's not being a bandit. That's surviving, and what most players in DayZ do as well. Maybe it's wrong. who cares. You do what you have to do. Life is a game you play to win with no expectation of actually doing it. You can't just keep rolling the dice and hope for a good roll. You gotta make that luck. Any way you can.

No one will argue that the zombies are buggy, but that's being fixed! You're yelling about a problem that's being worked on, and is probably already finished! Why else would Matt and Rocket make a video on just clothes and swamps? Because the zombies are buggy still? No! Because they want us to be surprised and see them when they're finished and amazing, not ruin it while they're still being worked on! (I'm was not yelling, just using emotion, lol :P )

Also, think this way: there could be a man who can lift 200 LBS. Is he weak? No. There could be a man who could life 500 LBS. Is the man who can lift 200 LBS weak? No. The zombies are not weak. They can kill you, especially in the new patch, and have claimed many, many lives since it went live. The guys with all the ammo are just STRONGER than them. And... stealth beats any amount of zombies. The first step in NOT DYING from zombies? Not having them aggro'd to you! That's what they do. Simple as that. Or just gung-ho kill all the zeds at the airfield and load everything in before more come.

And yes, you're right, people don't kill people for fun IRL, but I never said that.

I said, IN THE CIRCUMSTANCE, that random strangers who didn't know eachother at all washed up on the beach, in a country that they didn't know anyone in, that was lawless and completely overrun by zombies, you better believe the majority would smile while they killed anyone they could. They don't know them. Dejected. Just another pretty face to plant in the ground, nothing more. No consequences. Nothing. If this happened in real life, I expect DayZ to be a pretty accurate outcome. There are decent people. When you look at the Walking Dead game and AMC series, you see that. But those people know eachother. Or, they live in the same state. Near eachother. They all saw their towns fall. They all share that. What do we share in DayZ? A skin. There isn't enough flak in the game to stop a bullet from the barrels of their guns.

Just live with it, or die, because that's the direction you're headed if you don't.

I understand what you are saying, but again when I say bandit game I meant there are too many bandits!

When I say bandits, I mean those people who run with AS50 Ghilio suit ranger finder and more advanced gear , and with that gear they go hunt people in cherno and elktro for fun , they don't care about dying becasue they have more gears in thier tents.

Don't you understand what I am saying? It's too easy to get gear in this game, after you played this game long enough you will understand that.

I rembeber my first days of playing dayz , trying to search for a weapon in small towns near , died everytime to a zombie , etc.

After some months of gameplay i learned how to survive, and started a small "base" with tents and started to gear up.

I met more friends and we shared our stuff and everything, at the end we had so much weapons and stuff we didn't care about dying.

The game starts to get boring for a bit all we did was to fix helicopter (and get crashed after 5 mins lol) and find cars.

So , I'm saying It's too easy to get gear, all you need is to rush through some citys and the airfield on diffrent server.

And this is becasue the zombies are WEAK! and why they are weak , becasue they are bugged!

Sneak is very buggy too because the zombies aggro without reason and even if you aggro you just run , get to building loot, get out.

And yes I know they are fixing this in the SA but i still don't think it will be perfect, they need to rewrite the zombies system to make it good, maybe they did who knows atleast i hope so.

Fix zombies - will raise the diffuclty of survivng - less people who kill just for fun and don't care about zombies (bandits).

Also one more thing, why do you think people don't care about shooting in a city, because they zombies are weak,

Even if they block the exit you can one shot them and run out fast.

Crying Carebears...........

They are now working on removing NVGs dayz........

They still havent said whats next after NVGs??.?.

I have one bigger issue with the gameplay: Silenced Weapons are too much of an advantage imho. If you dont have one, but some "im pro with ghillie suit, silenced weapon and all the shit there is, but there definitily is a reason to kill the guy with a winchester, who has seen him first but decided to just walk away" (true story) kind of player starts a firefight in a city with you, then you can es well commit suicide. He can do whatever he wants, if you pull the trigger once then the whole city is after you!

Id vote for making silenced weapons extremely rare at least, like a 0,5% chance at a helicopter crash site!

As for the zombies: They suddenly have binoculars and hearing aids... making them harder is nice, making them harder through improving their senses that much makes sneaking almost impossible at daytime. This is just hit and run now. Run in, grab what you can, lose zombies in some building, run out, hope that no bandit is near. I think a lot of players would think twice of shooting in a city, if you can only kill a zombie with a headshot or something like that. Maybe something in between would work better. Slightly better sences, but a ton of hp for the zombies, except you shoot them in the head.... just thinking out loud.

At nighttime you can just run through every town, without any zombie even noticing.

I can sum up the problem in one sentence.

The problem with dayz is that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

No game /mod is perfect hence why we have patches.

However, my 2p worth.

KOS - i dont have a prioblem with this * i'm not a bandit btw* it would happen in real life as well and for me the whole point of gaming is escapeism and to emulate rl so you feel imersed.Newsflash ther are a lot of tards in RL. Its anoying getting betrayed but people seem to blame the game for this? it does have a part in it sure and yes ppl are more likely to act wrong in game than RL as the obvious repercussions are fantasy, all those ppl that dont have the guts to act like this in RL can now freely do so * keyboard warrior anyone? * however as mentioned the game does plat some part in this. In a game say Bf2 for instance, you know your lines and you know ur enemy , in dayz you dont. In bf2 you have squads you can join in game and use coms * rather than having to know someone and use ts skype or get killed using direct etc. I feel what the game needs is something simular, the chance to join and form factions built into the game * rather rthan alright mate fancy going bandit hunting up north* and then crying when someone puts a round in your head and loots you, if you are in faction there should be a harsh punishment for killing a fellow member. I think there should also be safe zone for trading, a city where teh game will put guns into safe mode * ace mod has this * and ppl could be free to trade "imagine the threads , oo i just got an as50 off a bandit in the city but now i feel bad as i know he killed someone to get it lol * Zombie hordes should be made more like LFD in terms of size and nastyness obviously this would be dfifferent as the balistics and guns are very real in arma 2 as opposed to LFD but i think its something that is needed. There is not a great deal of comaradery in dayz and even when there is its to a point until someone finds something good and the mates situation stops.

What i would like to have seen in dayz and would love to see in the stand alone.

Buriable storage boxes - Just one and only 10 slots max - on the back of this the game would have metal detecters so ppl still have the chance to loot it by either being ppl watching , being clever to patterns or just lucky.

More / better places /ways to hide transport

Special zombies - Ones that were military and are still armed , some uber ones mught be able to draw their weapon * some badly with no aim some better* and take a shot at you, weapons would be lootable if the zombie is killed. Some still stuck in their jobs , imagine going into a supermarket to find a zombie on the till. Zombies that were say taxi driver sand you have to kill them to get the car, they could be in th back seat when you get in and surpsie you etc etc. Zombies that can lead a group of other zombies and actually implement some form of tactics.

Bigger better citys / enviroments with more attention to detail in terms of not seeing the same thing in every city on the map, like raiding an apartment block and finding a room with the radio still on or a table still layed for breakfast, newspapers with headlines from past etc etc

Industry - engineers, ability to create and sell supplys. they would need protection teams , this nods to facitons mentioned earlier.

More changeable weather with more repercuission, floods ? landslides?

A fantasy idea would be europe mapped out where the server you join is a location and to travel futher than the confiines of the server you are in you would have to server hop into another ( obviously this is complete fantasy and the logistics, feasability and coporation would be imense / imposible.

For me its stuff like this that i would love to see, imo the more the game seems real the more you feel like you are actually there , i remember the first time i heard a AI sneeze in golden eye i was like :)

Hey.

yea hey tittymilk

So I want to ask you, what do you think is the problem of Dayz?

a certain selection of players playing it

All though hatchet is end game for me and I do fight the environment quite often trees, rocks, ladders, doors, hillsides and gates. I think that the pvp will never die down no matter how hard the elements. If you make the elements more demanding you will see just as much if not more killing for survival supplies and gear as it will become necessity over trophy.

• Like 1

Hmmm..

I guess for me zombie behaviour is a big problem, also the inventory as it is in the mod.

With regards to pvp ans kos, the only way players will favour a friendlier approach is if its the only way left to survive. Which won't happen I don't think. Unless the world is so punishing that the first thing you have to do is team up then you will always have lone wolf players killing others for sport.

I have one bigger issue with the gameplay: Silenced Weapons are too much of an advantage imho.

Silenced weapons are incredibly well-balanced. They're only helpful up to about 200 yards.

So because we choose to play the game a different way, that makes us selfish? This is a sandbox game that allows us to choose to play how we want. If I want to run through the streets of cherno with a hatchet, I CAN. If I want to steal a car and then blow it up, I CAN (or get shot in the process).

You want the truth?

The truth is the selfish people are the ones who think they have an entitlement to LIVE in this game when the point of the game is to SURVIVE. From both PvE, and PvP. The selfish people are the ones who cry about being shot because they were too stupid to pay attention to their surroundings; or run into a town that already has zombies out; or shoots up a storm in Cherno attracting every bandit around to home in on their location; and then cry about it when they get shot.

Bandits selfish? I call bullshit. Bandits make you a better player. They're far from selfish.

I'm talking about the people who mindlessly kill other players for there own enjoyment, and who do not care about the ruined enjoyment of other players due to their actions. That is selfish - they care more about themselves, than other people.