Sign in to follow this  
Assassin8813

How much damage does a zombie do?

Hello again fellow survivors/bandits/hero's,

I've been pondering something for a long time, and I've also been looking all over the interwebs for an answer, but have come up with nothing.

Specifically, I wanted to know how much damage a zombie does EXACTLY. Back in the day of the 'Debug Monitor', where it showed a numerical value for your blood, I'd imagine that this would be an easily recorded number that many players would be looking for. But no matter where I look, there is no specific number attached to the damage that a zombie does.

Does anybody know whether or not the number is fixed or if it is a variable? And if so, for either case, can you give me either an estimate or a specific value?

Regards,

Assassin8813

Seems pretty random to me, not sure if that's intended. Sometimes one attack can draw blood other times several hits and no bother at all.

How long you take to bandage yourself will determine how much blood you lose. I kind of like the randomness of it :D

It's random. They can do anywhere from nudging you a little with no bleed or notable effect, to insta-break your legs and possibly cause you to bleed to death, if you didn't die already.

They can do OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND damage, or hardly any. It's random.

It's random.

Anyway, am I the only one who thought: "How much would could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?" when seeing the title?

It's random.

Anyway, am I the only one who thought: "How much would could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?" when seeing the title?

Yes. Yes you are.

Hate it when you get hit once and you get KO'd :(

• Like 1

Yeah i have been bashed around with a few hits and received little to no damage and then Mike Tyson comes along and one hits me into unconsciousness with a broken leg.

Seems completely random.

Apart from the very first hit you receive when you first spawn - that one always seems to make you bleed.

• Like 1

I prefer the randomness. I hate it when you can completely "learn" the system in any game and then abuse it. Not knowing whether you're going to be knocked out or kissed on the cheek is much more fun.

Edited by Fraggle

Not knowing whether you're going to be knocked out or kissed on the cheek is much more fun.

You heard it here first, folks; Fraggle condones abusive relationships.

• Like 2

Before they stole my debug monitor, the zombie punches seemed to do around 200 blood per punch, plus however much you bleed from it.

Thank you for this rough estimate, it seems to calculate correctly when you take into account how many hits bring you down to 9000, then to 6000, and so on.

As for the randomness with the bleeding, broken leg, etc.. I KNOW that that is completely random, but the whacks always do a certain amount of damage, regardless of whether or not they broke your leg or knocked you out.

(Bro tip: You only have a chance of getting knocked out if your blood is below 9000, which is to say below 3/4.

And to quote Fraggle, I do agree that I like it when the game adds randomness as far as bleeding, broken bone, unconscious, infected goes, but to allow such a variable degree of randomness with damage is beyond reasonable in my eyes.

I mean think about it, if a zombie whacked you in the leg with his arm, that might cause your bone to break, but it wouldn't hurt that much, I mean come on, it's your leg.

Now if he whacked you in the face, I can understand high damage and a chance of getting knocked out, but not breaking a bone, cuz what's the worst that can happen, you dislocate your jaw? OOOH MAN I CAN'T WALK ANYMORE, MY JAW IS DISLOCATED! (although it would probably sound like OOH MAH I CAH WAH ANYMOAH, MY JAH IS DISOHATED!)

Anyways, thanks for the rough estimate, and thanks for the replies, I do appreciate all of them.

Regards,

Assassin8813

• Like 1

(Bro tip: You only have a chance of getting knocked out if your blood is below 9000, which is to say below 3/4.

In other words, you can't be knocked out if your blood level is...

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

• Like 2

In other words, you can't be knocked out if your blood level is...

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

...exactly.