iCentari

DayZ Needs a Tank

I Think DayZ Could use a Armored Vehicle, the M113 is perfect its not OP it actually considered a Light armored Vehicle so it can be Damaged by just about everything also it comes in two versions a gunner one and a ambulance. Perfect for rescuing friends or engaging enemy's endless uses.

M113_UN_EP1

M113Ambul_UN_EP1

Edited by iCentari

Great for running over every fresh spawn in Elektro as their rounds bounce uselessly off your steel hull!

• Like 13

Great for running over every fresh spawn in Elektro as their rounds bounce uselessly off your steel hull!

Spot on.

You'd be unstoppable.

Spot on.

You'd be unstoppable.

you could already run everybody over every fresh spawn with any car.
  • Like 1

you could already run everybody over every fresh spawn with any car.

While their rounds perforate your aluminum body panels.

• Like 7

That's actualy pretty cool if you ask me. But it needs some kind of modification to prevent it from causing too much havoc in the coast, I can't really think of anything available to a civilian to stop an armored vehicle.

Edited by landfish

That's actualy pretty cool if you ask me. But it needs some kind of modification to prevent it from causing too much havoc in the coast, I can't really think of anything available to a civilian to stop an armored vehicle.

I personally don't think it needs any modification try both them in the editor, they can be damage by anything but obviously takes longer to destroy because its a tank, has Armour. Couple shots of an AS50 or M107 will take disable it.

Couple shots of an AS50 or M107 will take disable it.

Weapons I already think shouldn't be in DayZ.

• Like 1

i agree a tank would be nice but ammo for gun should be very rare.

The M113 has a 240 on top. Its just like the Huey.

Weapons I already think shouldn't be in DayZ.

I think the AS50 should be removed but M107 is okay, its damage should be lowered to not kill in one hit. Edited by iCentari

Why not just make a few civilian alternatives to it?

Like the reinforced bulldozer:

http://www.hearseclub.com/aaamembersnew/zac/killdozer.jpg

The post apoc car:

http://www.hearseclub.com/aaamembersnew/zac/Car14.jpg

or the refitted old truck:

http://www.hearseclub.com/aaamembersnew/zac/jeeperschase.jpg

(Just found that with google, don't hold me responsible for any crazy shit that might be on that same website)

I completely agree, the M113 is a small derpy little turtle tank with an easily broken shell. If there were a vote for what tank should be in this one is my definite choice. It only has one gun the M240b which is a LMG that ammo is commonly found for its power is almost equal to that of the UH-1H except for the fact if the treads are disabled no DayZ authorized parts will fix it which means easily destroyed. Although the M113 is still a tank even a 7.62 DMR 5 rounds to the front of the Vehicle will disable the engine block.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I completely agree, the M113 is a small derpy little turtle tank with an easily broken shell. If there were a vote for what tank should be in this one is my definite choice. It only has one gun the M240b which is a LMG that ammo is commonly found for its power is almost equal to that of the UH-1H except for the fact if the treads are disabled no DayZ authorized parts will fix it which means easily destroyed. Although the M113 is still a tank even a 7.62 DMR 5 rounds to the front of the Vehicle will disable the engine block.

Thanks.

Yeah its an amazing little tank perfect for survival

Why the hell are so many people obsessed with turning DayZ into a military shooter?

NEWSFLASH: You've already got one installed on your system, it's called ARMA 2!!!!

• Like 5

Why the hell are so many people obsessed with turning DayZ into a military shooter?

NEWSFLASH: You've already got one installed on your system, it's called ARMA 2!!!!

So you wouldn't have access to military equipment in a zombie Apocalypse? also if you even read the post you'd know what im talking about. The M113 is a tank but its not a very powerful, its got Armour and a 240 on top.

DayZ Needs a Tank

No, it really doesn't. It doesn't matter that there would still probably be a few functioning tanks in a situation like this, but no civilian would be able to drive it and in game it would be absolutely ridiculous. You could basically kill everyone in the coastal cities with little to no danger.

I think the AS50 should be removed but M107 is okay, its damage should be lowered to not kill in one hit.

Another big no to that. I don't think the .50s should be in the game, but if you bring them down to a two shot kill, then you're implying that these guys can take more punishment than a spartan from the Halo series. Next we'll be adding energy swords and banshees.

Actually, that sounds delightful.

• Like 2

No, it really doesn't. It doesn't matter that there would still probably be a few functioning tanks in a situation like this, but no civilian would be able to drive it and in game it would be absolutely ridiculous. You could basically kill everyone in the coastal cities with little to no danger.

Another big no to that. I don't think the .50s should be in the game, but if you bring them down to a two shot kill, then you're implying that these guys can take more punishment than a spartan from the Halo series. Next we'll be adding energy swords and banshees.

Actually, that sounds delightful.

did you even look at the tank i suggested its got a 240 on top, not a cannon.

Dude, all you need to do is ask a hacker to spawn one. I've driven a tank twice in DayZ. I wasn't the person who spawned it, some guy just teleported to me and gave me a tank. The thing runs over trees just like the URAL and it gets about 3 shot by an AS50 with NATO rounds... That makes absolutely no sense... It was fun while it lasted, the idea of a tank is useless unless they make the AS50 not so over powered.

An APC with mounted gun would dominate compared to anything else in DayZ.

It doesn't fill any unique transport role, or really add anything to the game,

All it would be is a solid little bastard of a thing which gives the decision "Run or Die"

There's no "need" for it at all.

@Dark_soul. Antimateriel is supposed to kill armour. That's its main purpose.

• Like 1

But thats what an AS50 is its an Nato Anti-Matieral Rifle although it has a lower Muzzle velocity than the M107 it has higher dmg. XD

An APC with mounted gun would dominate compared to anything else in DayZ.

It doesn't fill any unique transport role, or really add anything to the game,

All it would be is a solid little bastard of a thing which gives the decision "Run or Die"

There's no "need" for it at all.

@Dark_soul. Antimateriel is supposed to kill armour. That's its main purpose.

But you have to open the hatch to use the gun on this apc, that makes you very easy to kill.