Sign in to follow this  
GFischer14

Silenced Rounds vs. Standard Rounds

Hello there

I'm confused.

Did he fire Subsonics and standard rounds through a non suppressed weapon? I fail to see his aim. (Talking of aim his wasn't great.)

What is the point you are trying to make?

Rgds

LoK

When you fire SD rounds in a non-SD weapon, they are SD (little sound) to zombies. They fire above your aim, as video shows. Other players can hear them at a muffled range.

I don't know the difference between SD rounds and Non SD rounds.

But I know the difference between SD weapons and normal.

I don't know if that happens just to this gun or not, but this was terrible

In this game, as Bizzyb stated when you load SD rounds into a non SD weapon the bullets will always hit above your croshair (for some reason).

I don't know the difference between SD rounds and Non SD rounds.

But I know the difference between SD weapons and normal.

SD rounds in reality are called subsonic rounds. Those move at a subsonic speed (less than the speed of sound = > less than a mach) and therefore do not create a sonic boom which drastically reduces the sound they make when fired. Compared to normal rounds, they have worse ballistics because of their reduced speed. Less penetration, less range etc etc.

In this game, as Bizzyb stated when you load SD rounds into a non SD weapon the bullets will always hit above your croshair (for some reason).

SD rounds in reality are called subsonic rounds. Those move at a subsonic speed (less than the speed of sound = > less than a mach) and therefore do not create a sonic boom which drastically reduces the sound they make when fired. Compared to normal rounds, they have worse ballistics because of their reduced speed. Less penetration, less range etc etc.

Shouldn't the round fall faster, not climb upwards? It should go below the Y-axis.

Shouldn't the round fall faster, not climb upwards? It should go below the Y-axis.

yes

and thats why you hit above the croshair

the crosshair is zeroed for non sd rounds

i gues its one of the many things thats a bit ...strange... in arma

Edited by TheDuriel

Seems like when you zoom in they hit above but when not zoomed they hit under.

Could it be that the rounds have been set (coded) with a lower mass (presumably incorrectly, I don't know, just trying to explain why it might be happening)

Seems like when you zoom in they hit above but when not zoomed they hit under.

Well that just plain doesn't make sense. Heh.

Edited by timbooo

Glock 17 or M9 with M9SD rounds (Subsonic) are silent for zombies. I don't know why, but it works. I've taken out many zombies with a M9 (No suppressor) while I was pinned down. Not a single aggro.