Sign in to follow this  
willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

Every hero skin is a duck?

bah dam hero's. I would not be seen dead in a hero skin, they are the enemy.

i always play as a bandit. if it moves its loot.

I'm a hero and I never KoS. I always try to help people.

Most of the friendly people that I've meet up with ingame were indeed heroes. So I don't understand some comments I usually read on these forums saying hero skin means cheater-killer.

Sorry to say, most of the time, bandits just get popped without question.

I think I got my hero skin mostly by killing zeds that were aggroing on other players, then patching them up.

I any case, most people don't like you shooting past their head, even if you're saving their asses. So any survivor kills are in self defence.

I've had heroes shoot at me on sight too. I let my guard down 'cause, y'know, hero skin, right?

Clearly these guys are idiots, because even a clear advantage didn't do them any good.

EDIT:

Shoddy spelling today.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

Sorry to say, most of the time, bandits just get popped without question.

I think I got my hero skin mostly by killing zeds that were aggroing on other players, then patching them up.

I any case, most people don't like you shooting past their head, even if you're saving their asses. So any survivor kills are in self defence.

I've had heroes shoot at me on sight too. I let my guard down 'cause, y'know, hero skin, right?

Clearly these guys are idiots, because even a clear advantage didn't do them any good.

EDIT:

Shoddy spelling today.

Beans because I like your signature and because I play almost as you described.

As for giving people guns, make sure you have your gun on them at all times

tell them to pick it up and run, or wait until your gone.

Its kinda simple really

Why does every thing getting changed from "fuck" to "duck"? I mean Arma is Rated M for mature, why the hell aren't we allowed to use mature words?

• Like 1

I've helped unarmed bandits (Which later on got armed, but they didn't shoot me). Armed bandits are unpredictable and that is why I tend to shoot them in the face.

Oh yeah, and I don't have the hero skin, I got the survivor skin.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

Why does every thing getting changed from "fuck" to "duck"? I mean Arma is Rated M for mature, why the hell aren't we allowed to use mature words?

OP changed the title from 'dick' to 'duck' to try to keep the flames down.

I getcha but I've seen like 5 topics in the past 48 hours correcting titles to not use vulgar language.

Well, 'm a duck too.

donaldduckwillswallowyoursoul_zps1778cb1e.jpg

How many people shat their pants ? Tell me.

Edited by Fenrod
  • Like 2

I dont give a duck, if i see a ducking bandit i'm going to ducking shoot that duck at the first ducking opportunity i ducking get...

s668wj.jpg

But on a serious note not many players will hesitate to take down someone in a bandit skin. best thing the op can do if he doesn't want to get shot on sight is get working on the bloodbags.... Such is life in DayZ.

• Like 1

If you have teamates, you can get them to hurt themselves with zombies, then bag them. It's unfortunately very common around bandit groups so i often treat hero skins like any other player, i hid from them

People in my group (including myself sometimes) will go to the hospital in Berezino and shoot each other in the foot with M9 SD's and then bandage/morphine/bloodbag each other to 10K humanity, but the hero skin usually only stays there for a day or two, if you know what I'm sayin.....

Edited by Lepryy

I don't think you can change the title of a thread unless you're a moderator? Some sneaky mod has got something for ducks.

I don't even know how I got the hero skin, I just played and played and played and one day I logged In with a hero skin. Haven't lost it since.

It is funny though, the lengths people will go to get a measly skin.

I don't think you can change the title of a thread unless you're a moderator? Some sneaky mod has got something for ducks.

Aww. I thought the thread was about some guy who got hacked or something and like every hero on the server got turned into a duck. lol.

• Like 1

The humanity system, or at least the changing skins and heartbeat is flawed. Hopefully they add in common civilian clothing to residential buildings and remove the skins.

Edited by RIGHTLY

In SA the humanity-skins will be a distant memory.

We can't have full clothing customisation AND hero/bandit skins.

I hope, if humanity DOES play a part, it'll be something obvious, but subtle. Like an angry expression for baddies and a calm expression for goodies.

That way, unless your literally face to face with someone, you can't insta-judge their appearance.

I play as a hero and I shoot bandits on sight, everyone else I help and give gear.

That is kind of a foolish statement, taking into consideration how broken humanity is and always has been. I could be a fresh spawn with a gun and be fired upon by some other fresh spawn with a gun. I shoot back and kill him to defend myself and it makes me a bandit.

Honestly in this game there is no true bandit or hero. It's a jumbled mess of code that can't figure it's head from it's arss.

• Like 1

That is kind of a foolish statement, taking into consideration how broken humanity is and always has been.

Aye. On one of the private hives I used to play on I was a bandit but every time I died my skin reset back to survivor, so people thought I was a regular bambi and would try to help me. My buddy who I was playing with always kept his bandit skin tho, so he was shot on sight 100% of the time.

Not really foolish if you consider the basic equation that goes on in folks heads when they see another player.

Bandits are VERY likely to shoot you, Heroes are (supposedly) the LEAST likely to shoot you.

Normal survivors are bang in the middle.

it might not be sensible, but it can't be considered foolish, because on a basic level, it makes perfect sense.

Aww. I thought the thread was about some guy who got hacked or something and like every hero on the server got turned into a duck. lol.

Don't give the hackers any idea's :P