Sign in to follow this  
Shad0wZ

Fix property of bushes

Standing in those big bushes is bugged to hell, it prevents bullet impact and also shooting from bushes prevents your bullet from even reaching its target. Zombies lose aggro when you hide in bushes.

This is quite ruining my experience.

Edited by Shad0wZ

yeah just 2 hours ago i tried shooting a guy and the tree stopped all my bullets :(

There is no bullet penetration in ArmA, except for a few scenarios (shooting through *some* glass, shooting through sheet metal, and I think you can shoot through shooting range targets).

ArmA probably views the bushes as a wall and it won't allow bullet penetration.

Edited by TheDesigner

Obviously, the bushes and the trees are working together. They want to save as many lives as possible, so they drench themselves in anti-zombie juices, and slap kevlar around their branches.

All they want to do is help.

Red Cross Bush Regiment.

• Like 2

Obviously, the bushes and the trees are working together. They want to save as many lives as possible, so they drench themselves in anti-zombie juices, and slap kevlar around their branches.

All they want to do is help.

*goes and changes the intro text*

"The disease causes proteins in the brain to be replaced with prions ceasing regular function. Most people progress to dementia and then death as the brain is replaced with ineffective sludge. 86% of the worlds population die. Some survive with the disease in a chronic state. Lacking regular brain function, they are scarely human. They are unable to communicate, driven by insatiable desire for violence, and attracted to the scent of those uninfected. Animals are unaffected by the disease, lacking the proteins the disease attacks. Some plant life, bushes and trees, have reacted to the virus with a strong immunological reaction, making them almost impenitrable to any external forces short of a bulldozer."

• Like 1

Don't go in bushes.

*Problem Solved*

Only in a perfect world this would be the solution.

If you can't shoot them in a bush, then surely they can't shoot you from the bush? Go up and slap that pansy in the face!

I just tested in the editor and it seems that 120mm APFSDS tears through russian armour but doesnt penetrate a bush. This is interesting.

There is no 120mm APFSDS-IRZDIWHD?PWQDOIWDQOI special wtf ftw omglolz ammo in DayZ anyway so...WHO CARES?

I didn't really have a problem shooting someone through a bush, you must be using those 5.56mm baby bullets :P

Edited by Enforcer

I tested american and russian small arms and hand grenades too, they dont penetrate the bush.

I believe we could all use more practice penetrating the bush.

• Like 1

I believe we could all use more practice penetrating the bush.

Dohoho.

You can clearly see how the grass flattens after the second shot... It was quite difficult in clanwars to shoot through bushes because the bullets were of course weaker at 300-500m from a AK74 or M4 rifle but most of them still penetrated without beeing deflected by a tiny fraction even if they didn't have enough power to kill. SVD and M24 went through with almost no problem.

Edited by Enforcer