Sign in to follow this  
goodoleboy78@hotmail.com

are hackers still rampant?

Go into a whitelisted server, and no.

• Like 1

on the original hive server they are, yes, i took a break for a few months, before i'd only ran into 1 or 2, but when i started playing again last week, i ran into one every 2 or 3 hrs.

Public hives, yes. Its sad how prevalent they still are. I tried to get back into the public hive side stuff, but since starting up again with 1.7.5.1, the past two days, the two servers I played on got hacked. You just need to find a good private server with admin and you'll probably be fine.

Let's just add a line in the Terms of Service for the game that reads "If you use any external programs to affect the game, Bohemia Interactive has the right to throw you in prison for you to get raped by a black male nick-named 'Papa Smurf' for an entire year."

Edited by #Sleepy
  • Like 5

Let's just add a line in the Terms of Service for the game that reads "If you use any external programs to affect the game, Bohemia Interactive has the right to throw you in prison for you to get raped by a black male nick-named 'Papa Smurf' for an entire year."

I think it's time for a new whitehouse petition!

To be perfectly honest, I am amazed that hackers are still present in public hives when the multitude of players have transferred to private hives. It's like the public servers have simply become a playground for them, just to screw around in, forever alone.

It's like the hackers have become far stupider than they originally were, because they are screwing up in their original intent.

Quit for a couple of months due to hackers, came back and tried it once? What happened? Hacker killed everyone on the server. Quit the game instantly. Not playing this shit until standalone.

Quit for a couple of months due to hackers, came back and tried it once? What happened? Hacker killed everyone on the server. Quit the game instantly. Not playing this shit until standalone.

Public servers are basically the hunting grounds of hackers my friend. Best choice is to find a private server, preferably whitelisted and active admins.

• Like 1

I haven't played DayZ for roughly a month. Within an hour of playing on a medium populated server I was transformed into a pig.

Public servers are basically the hunting grounds of hackers my friend. Best choice is to find a private server, preferably whitelisted and active admins.

Private servers are no safer from hackers unless an admin is literally online 24 hours a day. As soon as a server reaches medium/high population (lets say 30-40+ players) you WILL get targetted by a hacker or script kiddie. Even if an admin is very active there's really no way to stop the hackers, there are only various levels of damage control once they've had their fun.

I had a go earlier today for the first time in a few months to try the new patch. What disappointment. Not the game, I just wasn't able to play.

It was a public hive server and I lasted half an hour before news reels were overlayed on the screen, I was teleported and then started endlessly bandaging.

It puzzles me why they put SO much effort into something so childish. But I guess thats all it is.

Hmm, interesting. I haven't seen a hacker for over 3 months and I play a lot. You need to find a good server with a good admin. If you jump into any old random server public or private you're gonna have a bad time.

I've been playing on the main hive and TBH will bail from a server most days due to hacker suspicions. US servers are far far far far far far worse than European. I was pestered by some invisible guy on Sunday, just disconnected.

I have been finding it hard to find a good white-listed server, there's seemingly no standard servers, the phrase "100+ vehicles" is just a huge turn off for me.

• Like 1

I've been playing on the main hive and TBH will bail from a server most days due to hacker suspicions. US servers are far far far far far far worse than European. I was pestered by some invisible guy on Sunday, just disconnected.

I have been finding it hard to find a good white-listed server, there's seemingly no standard servers, the phrase "100+ vehicles" is just a huge turn off for me.

This. I've played mainly on EU servers, and they don't seem to be quite as badly infested, although it's still an occasional problem. Like Biggles though, I struggle to find a Whitelisted server I actually want to join - I just want to play vanilla DayZ, I don't want to be swarmed by vehicles, dogs, crash sites etc - I just want a normal game!

Yes, played on the public hive yesterday and met hackers within 30 minutes. On private hives only 2 or 3 in the past couple months so find yourself a good private server to play on

Yes, still rampant on public hive. What really sucks is that with the new update, you can't abort if they engage you so you will die. My brother had one teleport to his location last night. My brother shot him about 10 times and the guy disappeared and reappeared behind him. Brother shot him another 10 times and the guy flew like superman over his head and came down behind him and killed him. My brother was trying to abort but it wouldn't let him.

I am indeed European and play in European servers. I hadn't came across any cheater untill the last week. I have encountered in last 10 hours of playing four (groups of) cheaters. Dunno exactly why. Just a question of luck probably...

try with mydayz.de, it's long to get withelisted, but they have dayz vanilla servers always up, always 30+ ppl inside, classic veiches spawn, veteran servers, night servers always daylight servers and i never seen a hacker! i get 40 ping from italy too!