Cap'n (DayZ)

Acceptable age to play?

How old should someone be to play?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What is the acceptable age to play DayZ?

So, what do you guys think the acceptable age is for someone to play DayZ?

Edited by Cap'n

I get highly annoyed by anyone who typs lyk thes or anyone who has a squeaky or nasal voice. That tends (not always) to be younger players.

• Like 9

When I remember back I started playing CS:S with fifteen, I wasn't that mature at all...everyone who was better than me was a hacker and everyone who was worse than me was a noob. At this age i flamed alot and blamed everyone for my faults. Today for example when i'm playing Halo 4 with my GF we both would rip these kids their heads off if we could.

Generally i would say DayZ should be played by Adults only, but if in the poll would be a option for "Matures only" i would choose it.

PS: I'm 21

Edited by Inexorabilis

I think generally around 16. They're usually mature enough to play the game properly.

How anyone could think <16~18 is acceptable age is beyond me. Yes, we went around that when we were kids, too. No, we don't expect you to be better than us.

But for the love of god, at least try and pretend you're aware you're breaking a rule there and cautious about it.

I'm just about one loss of sanity away from tracing the next kid who tells me he's 12 - and then goes on by using more curse words than even I know - and calling his parents to have a word about their kid's behavior.

Hyperbole there, of course, but keep your dubstep and your gangnam style and your overhyped youtube nolifers out of my field of vision.

Edited by Elvaron

Cap'n

imho you are not old enough to say that anyone who is under the age of 14 shouldnt be allowed to play dayz

you are imho to young for such an statement.

but i for myself know, tbat even a 12year old is old enough to play dayz

because c'mone. its an game not more not less

the evil satjrday night news/wikileaks and what not are more disgusting than gutting an cow or shooting an zombie or any other virtual polygons

Sent from my mobile Device and now i have big ePeEn!

Edited by mischlig

I don't think there should be a age for games. I think it's about how mature you act online... And how you tend to react to violence and blood and such. I don't think kids at the age of 6 should play games with zombies and aliens because they might just be afraid for these ''monsters'' for about 3 years... I myself think it's all about how you react to these games. I think it's okay for some kids to play some games with a little blood and such. If you start punching others because you started playing a boxing game i think it's not because of the game but the parents... It's their job to see how their kids react to these types of games.

So i think you can be too young to play a game but why put a age limit? Kids are still gonna play it? (But some teenagers also has a high pitch voice?)

(Note: It's not because im a kid or have a high pitch voice this is just my opinion and would like to get some response from anyone who has a different meaning)

I'm sorry English is not my main

-Nicolai

As soon as they can see the difference between this and CoD.

Bandits are alright. KoS kiddies need to get the fuck out.

• Like 13

As soon as they can see the difference between this and CoD.

Bandits are alright. KoS kiddies need to get the fuck out.

Smart words by a smart person. Have my beans!
  • Like 2

I mean come on im 13 years old and i act mature. So i hate cod but i like battlefield i act fucking 21 bo.

Firstly, upon reading the phrase "age play", the content of your post was not the first thing I thought of, and thought, "What the fuck?!".

Secondly, I voted for "adults only", though many adults can be as immature as the younger generation, since they've been alive longer for the psychological dysfunction to settle-in and take hold. I've come across more "adults" in online games, with their over-sensitivity, hang-ups and generally immature attitudes than I care to count.

I've also come across twenty-somethings who were more mature, respectful and real as people than others twice their age.

It's a crap-shoot, really.

It's less about the age of the player, and more about how mentally mature they are, and there's no way to restrict that.

• Like 1

So, what do you guys think the acceptable age is for someone to play DayZ? ArmA 2 is already mature, but I know that more than a fair share of children under nine are playing COD over in the console crowd. Personally, I've never met anyone younger than me(I'm 14). I think anyone younger than 13 shouldn't be allowed to play this, as they aren't mature enough yet.

I lol'd at this...
  • Like 10

16-18 is a coinflip, half of the kids are decent and half of them are little shit heads. You can definitely tell who grew up playing COD and the like, and who grew up playing Cowboys and Indians when you throw everyone into the DayZ blender. DayZ, with it's lack of defined structure makes in more like Cowboys and Indians, where we all agreed to play, adhering to basic tenets of sportsmanship. The idea of "fair play", "discipline", and "fighting fair" was ingrained into us as children, and it seems that concept is lost on the younger generation. Please don't use the argument that, "It's a combat sim, and all's fair in War..." That is a logical fallacy perpetrated by those who would never place themselves in a position to be harmed.

• Like 1

I remember back when I was little and I played cops and robbers with my friends. Good times. But anyways, I can see how maturity plays a bigger part than age. I don't think I phrased it right, but I'm not going to change the OP. If I offended anyone or sounded like an ignorant twat, I'm sorry. Constructive criticism helps. I might learn something :)

It all depends on the maturity of the individual. I'm not going to state that I don't agree with young teenagers (13-17) playing the game, however it is of course largely obvious that they aren't 'mature' enough for a lot of online interactions. When I look back at how I was when I was around 14 years old I thought I was mature but the way your mind works is completely different. You take joy from things you wouldn't as an adult, find certain things/actions funny that again you wouldn't find amusing once you're older. But of course there are still a hell of a lot of people that play games who you come across during online play that are 20+ and still act immature as hell. I can't presume that the people behind the consistent offensive usernames are below the age of 18. It's easier to believe, however, that they are.

To circle back on my point, I do try to stay neutral to this topic. I have noticed that a lot of people below the age of 16 play, but I personally wouldn't choose to say, team up with someone that young on a game like ARMA II/DayZ/Wasteland. Not because I generally think that each and every one of them is an immature person, but being 22 years old myself I just want to stick to older players to interact with. I don't think there should be a "you shouldn't be involved with DayZ because you are too young" notion. Hell back in my teenage days I would have loved to play DayZ! And if you're young and enjoy playing it then so be it. Bottom line is no matter what, on an online game you will never be able to dodge immaturity on all the various levels it comes in. Whether it comes at you as a 13 year old or a 21 year old.

I haven't voted, because I can see valid points to each option. Though mature only is an odd one. We all have bouts of immaturity ;) guess it's just how you channel it!

Edited by Haylzorz
  • Like 2

Since OP is a 14 year old, who thinks 13 year olds shouldn't be allowed to play DayZ, I'd suggest a 15 year age limit.

• Like 10

I think it's more about mental maturity than anything, you can't really put a number on that.

Since OP is a 14 year old, who thinks 13 year olds shouldn't be allowed to play DayZ, I'd suggest a 15 year age limit.

lol'd. ;D

Anyone who respects other players, is mentally mature, and respectful of other players should be allowed to play.

• Like 4

I mean come on im 13 years old and i act mature. So i hate cod but i like battlefield i act fucking 21 bo.

I found the end bit to be utterly hilarious. Proves how mature you can be..

I found the end bit to be utterly hilarious. Proves how mature you can be..

xD

haha becuz he hate CoD xD thats really loling me hard

Sent from my mobile Device and now i have big ePeEn!

There is nothing quite so satisfying as emptying an entire AKM magazine into the bandit skinned avatar of a juvenile delinquent who's just been trolling sidechat with his loud and squeaky proclamations of stupidity.

Every cloud.......

Edited by wabbit

I don't understand what you mean by "play properly"

anyone with a mouse and keyboard can play dayz why are you so angry people younger than you are playing the game.