Sign in to follow this  
XellisX

they should make single player for dayz standalone

i think this would be an awesome idea but also try and make it so you can bring friends into your own map like co op or something but if that's very hard to do single player would still be a good idea.

A singleplayer with other players (friends)?. you mean like multiplayer?

i think the option for Private Server will come up again, and there the chance to lock it up and play only with your friends or even alone.

Edited by Paddy0610

hello there

There are thoughts about an SP mode, but that's waaaaaay down the line and may not happen. I too would like an SP/offline mode though.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

What's the point ? If you want to play alone, just join an empty server.

Could someone take this thread to the graveyard ?

• Like 1

Hello there

Not going to 'yard this. Although it does crop up every now and then. People are allowed to make suggestions whether one agrees with them or not.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

"This is your story" OP. Go to an empty server and have your single player. ^_^

Cheers

Edited by Meik0

Consider him as enemy AI, Sneak Around him without getting killed, Kill him, Help him, trick him do what ever you want. You miss the point of DayZ. There is no end game or guidelines of how you should play the game. That's the magic thing.

Cheers

Edited by Meik0

yea but it would be great if you could build your own base and try to get rid of all the zombies without it being reset.

yea but it would be great if you could build your own base and try to get rid of all the zombies without it being reset.

That would be boring as hell. And building your own base ? how ?

tank traps, sandbags, barbwire and if they add anything else that you can do. also some people might like that because i know i would.

tank traps, sandbags, barbwire and if they add anything else that you can do. also some people might like that because i know i would.

I repeat again : what's the point of using all those traps if there are no people around ?

What if you killed every zombie ? You're all alone, like a dick.

It almost seems like you want a zombie version of Minecraft.

Edited by Fenrod

Hello there

One has to remember that what is boring to one person may not be boring to another.

For example I find stamp collecting "boring" but many, many other folk find it a stimulating persuit. just because "I" don't find it exciting does not mean they should all stop their hobby.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Buy your own server, lock it, and play by youself. Idk why you'd want to. It takes away the feeling of paranoia which makes the game so intense. You'd have more fun (if you want to just slay zombies) playing Dead Island.

The zombies in DayZ aren't enough of a threat to make a SP worthwhile. *shrug*

• Like 1

im just suggesting a thing that i would like and im sure that its possible to make the zombies more of a threat. im also in full time collage and don't have the money to buy my own server or i would of got one already.

Sounds good to me. A singelplayer where you can change some parameters: fooddensity, zombiecount and stuff like this. And yes maybe with a coop part for people who dont want to rent a server for a lanparty. -.-

• Like 1

Buy your own server, lock it, and play by youself. Idk why you'd want to. It takes away the feeling of paranoia which makes the game so intense. You'd have more fun (if you want to just slay zombies) playing Dead Island.

The zombies in DayZ aren't enough of a threat to make a SP worthwhile. *shrug*

Oh yes im going to rent a server for a one night lan party.... sems to be a good idea....

Seriosly... whats wrong with ppl here? Are you playing to much and your brains are allready fucked up like this jump hater guys?

Edited by DirtyCry

How many hours have you logged on the game? You'll hate SP by 20. That's why others are giving you shit. Zeds, even the super aggro ones introduced in the last patch, aren't that concerning (or rather, shouldn't be. If you're still threatened by Zeds after 20 hours in-game, you haven't learned how to deal with them right). Once you have a hatchet, you're good.

Hello there

I have logged one or two hours in game. I would like to have an SP mode.

I too don't understand the hate.

If you don't like it, simply don't play it.

As long as it didn't eat too much into development time and even if it were buggy.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

You could try DaiZy. It's a single player mod of dayz. I've started playing it since hackers have become so rampant. You can play with or without ai survivors and bandits. There is also a base building system implemented where you can use wood, wires, sandbags, etc to build buildings for bases. I also like being able to save my game and not worry about losing my camp or vehicles due to glitchy server restarts.

I would be playing DayZ with the above, but i would sooner have a version which has official approval and support.

I am still waiting for a single player game, perhaps it could have elements not wanted in the SA? A game goal and missions to extend the DayZ universe perhaps? You could give a decent game and story in a single player game. more about the history and events?

Would sell well too.

• Like 1

I don't think it will sell well since 99% of all Kos come from players who confuse the core of the game to be pvp only and surviving is shooting...

and if someone else joins???

With two people on a map that is 225 km squared, it is pretty unlikely they will find you unless your in Chernogorsk firing your M107 on the hour.

I would love an SP mode. With AI you can interact with and such. But I mean, that would be really hard to make.