bilbey

Tell me your best kill...

I was on high populated server and escaping Electro with a fresh M14 AIM. As I was climbing Dobry hill, I faced to a zombie coming out of nowhere. I did a quick shot in his face and by the way did a lot of noise, attracting more zombies next to my position.

I climbed further high in the hill to watch out for zombies and saw a survivor coming out from the power plant and in my direction. I guess he heard the gunshot. I crouched into the grass, hidden behind a tree. I wanted to get in touch with him. As he came closer to me, he ran into some zombies and started to shoot at them with what it seems to be a double barrel.

At this moment, I decided to help him shooting down the rest of zombie but noticed he was wearing a scarf. He noticed me too, walking down the hill and started to shoot at me. Luckily, I was too far and returned fire with 3 bullets in his chest and one more has he felt down.

That was my second kill in Dayz, and I was pretty shocked, adrenalin giving me some pretty shaking hands (damn I love this game). I crouched into the grass, wondering if I should give a look to the corpse for loot but there were far too many zombies walking around the body. So I started to climb up the hill again and on my right a bandit came out from the forest and proned behind a tree, maybe to overlook electro before attempting some looting. I realised he didn’t noticed me and sneaked behind him. As he stood up with a Makarov in one hand, I shot him dead with a bullet in his head. Clean and sweet.

I told to myself “Enough, have to go now, my gunshots will aggro some more survivors”. I ran from Dobry hill to dam and stopped a few hundred meters later, proning near a big tree thinking I was safe. While looking in my inventory, I heard a sound of feet in the grass REALLY close to me. It scared out of me, I closed my inventory, stood up and saw a bandit just behind me looting my backpack. I shot him twice in the chest and ran as far as I could! I have to admit he was totally unarmed but I was pretty sure he would have killed me if he had the time to grab the AKM in backpack.

I didn’t reconnect since this session, but with 3 bandits killed, will I earn the Hero skin or do I need to kill more of them ?

sorry for my english, this is not my native language

Edited by Foskifo
  • Like 2

I was on high populated server and escaping Electro with a fresh M14 AIM. As I was climbing Dobry hill, I faced to a zombie coming out of nowhere. I did a quick shot in his face and by the way did a lot of noise, attracting more zombies next to my position.

I climbed further high in the hill to watch out for zombies and saw a survivor coming out from the power plant and in my direction. I guess he heard the gunshot. I crouched into the grass, hidden behind a tree. I wanted to get in touch with him. As he came closer to me, he ran into some zombies and started to shoot at them with what it seems to be a double barrel.

At this moment, I decided to help him shooting down the rest of zombie but noticed he was wearing a scarf. He noticed me too, walking down the hill and started to shoot at me. Luckily, I was too far and returned fire with 3 bullets in his chest and one more has he felt down.

That was my second kill in Dayz, and I was pretty shocked, adrenalin giving me some pretty shaking hands (damn I love this game). I crouched into the grass, wondering if I should give a look to the corpse for loot but there were far too many zombies walking around the body. So I started to climb up the hill again and on my right a bandit came out from the forest and proned behind a tree, maybe to overlook electro before attempting some looting. I realised he didn’t noticed me and sneaked behind him. As he stood up with a Makarov in one hand, I shot him dead with a bullet in his head. Clean and sweet.

I told to myself “Enough, have to go now, my gunshots will aggro some more survivors”. I ran from Dobry hill to dam and stopped a few hundred meters later, proning near a big tree thinking I was safe. While looking in my inventory, I heard a sound of feet in the grass REALLY close to me. It scared out of me, I closed my inventory, stood up and saw a bandit just behind me looting my backpack. I shot him twice in the chest and ran as far as I could! I have to admit he was totally unarmed but I was pretty sure he would have killed me if he had the time to grab the AKM in backpack.

I didn’t reconnect since this session, but with 3 bandits killed, will I earn the Hero skin or do I need to kill more of them ?

sorry for my english, this is not my native language

To get the hero skin you need to give people blood transfusions and painkillers ect :) good work btw

Crouch-running target with a CZ 550, in the head. Another one is a running guy in the head with a crossbow. Then a cool one was shooting a passed out guy in the head with an M9SD. Gave me some secret agent vibes.

And obviously the classic, "Shane Walsh" on a hatchet guy at a firestation, bringing a zombie horde with him. Shot him in the leg and ran.

Edited by Sutinen

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I sprint across the air field with nothing but a hatchet ... hoping to clear the ground between myself and the fully armed player, his interest is off of me at the moment ... he study's a dead body on the ground ... His partner is already in the chopper, torquing up the engine ... she spots me and gives warning to the one studying the corpse ... I swing down on the players neck as he is still bent over... Hes gone. I turn to hatchet the female in the chopper ... no good ... I get in chopper with her ... she's gotta land sometime... She exits chopper with the intent of shooting me out of it. BOOM ... AS rings out, killing the female ... I hide behind chopper, deciding, do I round the chopper get in and attempt to flee ? Will said sniper continue to watch this crazed ax toting maniac or will he end my life for the gain of a chopper ... I take the chance, I board chopper. Out of nowhere a hacker rams his truck into the chopper... I'm dead.

• Like 2

Running through electro at night with naught but my trusty ax. I see a sniper on the roof of the firehouse thanks to a roadflare someone must have tossed before he died. I get hit but manage to find cover. With almost no blood left I approach the firehouse from a blind spot and accend the stairs for some payback. I get to the roof level and start tossing flares to agrivate the sniper while drawing in a sea of zombies. Staying just out of his los I furiously swing my hatchet through the window until he finally makes a fatal mistake and approaches too close. I hear the sweet sound of bone snapping and down he goes. After a few minutes of crawling around vainly trying to get a shot at me, with nowhere to go and no way to heal his legs he roll off the edge of the roof to his death.

• Like 1

Some clan on a private server was shooting unarmeds, so I killed 3 of them. Afterwards basically anyone with like a fancy hat (it was like their clan tag) started trying to kill me. I actually faked my own death by diving out of my motorcycle before a cliff as it blew up, and typing in side chat "OH SHIT!"

They then called me a noob and ish, assuming I had fallen, and strode off. Thankfully, I was able to lead them close to my camp, and followed sneakily behind in my UAZ. After they led me to their base, I took to looting, and actually found 2 satchel charges. I took the SUV, drove it out of the satchel radius, and waited by the green mountain entrance (This is where their camp was).

After about 2 hours 2 UAZs and a URAL drive in. They open the gates, go inside, and one guy goes "Hey gaize wheres the SUV?"

Walk in front of gate, close door, they start yelling, and (feeling badass) I walk as they try to shoot me, calmly say into my mic "Yippee Kay yay mother fuckers..." and blow the living shit out of them.

So. Much. Rage. Ensued. The slung every cuss word at me, and thus I cruised down the coast, seeing some of their recently revived members, in my new beautiful SUV.

• Like 8

my best kill....kills? can i say kills?...don't care here

me and my friend where taking heavy fire in/near cherno so we decided to play this smart...i would go round behind the bandits and kill them silently with an axe (and a makarov incase it got dangerous) whilst my friend distracts them,we knew they had little or no communication because they killed their own teammate twice....killed 4 rifle users and snuck up on the 2 snipers Chat: "lights out" Hacked both of their heads......now we live near ______ and haz 3 lifes worth of rifles/snipers

Well my best kill(s) was on north east airfield, I was coming in from the north trough the woods so I could spot snipers before going to loot. I needed a better handgun than a bloody macarow I had taken out of someones hands after burying a hatchet in their head. Suddenly gunfire was heard on the airfield, around six shots. I'm close to the top of Olsha mountain, and find myself a spot under a tree. I spot the prize of those gunshots earlier: a dead guy in a ghillie and a chopper... Two guys are looting the previous owner of the chopper. I take up my rangefinder and mark the distance... 957 meters, i count the bullets in the magazine of my Dmr, 6 left... taking into account the distance and speed loss the damage of each round is about 4-5k. Well damn, I have to hit with them all, as the chance for head shots at this distance is moot. I steady my scope by holding my breath, and take aim. "Blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam." Without checking if the bullets hit i start to run towards different cover, i notice two names pop up into the server as death messages. As i jump down into a three and check with my scope there are now three bodies beside the chopper. after 10 min of waiting i run forward to claim my loot as there are no cower. And when I check their gear they don't have anything but a scratch over bambi gear. But the guy they killed have two dmr magazines so at least some ammo, and the ghillie suit didn't pop up in the inventory and I do not have the time to stand around trying to figure out why. "Well damn" i think while i take of with the chopper and spot my humanity as -900... A loot worth becoming a bandit for.

So i guess thanks for killing the guy in a ghillie, two nameless people, and i guess this was your moment of happiness at getting a chopper... But remember next time, you are'nt safe before getting up in the air and most likely not even then.

Edit: Bad English :/

Edited by Gernia
  • Like 2

*Bandit Spotted*

*Helicopter Leans Forward*

Bandit: "SON OF A BI..."

*Explosion*

epic

my best kills were wehen i teleported a whole server to an island out in the middle of the ocean and watched them fight to the death

then i told the last one "have a good swim" :) and while he was swimming i shot him in the head with an l115 lol

my best kills were wehen i teleported a whole server to an island out in the middle of the ocean and watched them fight to the death

then i told the last one "have a good swim" :) and while he was swimming i shot him in the head with an l115 lol

So...you're a scripter?

• Like 2

ban inbound

Trapped in balota ACT, low on blood, under the staircase. A friend arrive for the rescue, while he was giving me blood bag someone appears on the porch, since he was armed I unloaded my AKM under panic, he drops dead.

We started to move out but someonelse was camping the staircase between the two floors with an einfield (they were one shot one kill), my team mate is killed, I manage to retreat back under the stairs.

Knowing my team mate had a smoke nade, I loot his deadbody, throw it out, wonder if it'll eventually glitch-destroy the ACT, wait a few more seconds and run out. Fortunately the other dude wasn't that smart, because I managed to flank him using the outside ladder, he was still there, looking down on my previous position... -bam, headshot-

Was my most memorable kill, since it was the first time I put myself in a situation where I kinda 'had' to murder to survive.

Taking out a sniper with my Makarov!

I was a fresh spawn East of Balota with only a Makarov. I was running up the coastline and heard a DMR shot wiz by me, so I quickly took cover behind a bush. I found out he was camped up on top of some industrial building directly infront of me. After a minute or two of him trying to shoot me through the bush, he was distracted by a Bambi running down the main road, I ran to a stone wall beneath the building. He kept looking for me but I was just staying calm and waiting him out. A minute or two later I hear a crack - yep he broke his legs! He had fallen from the roof onto a small shack like a retard. I quickly ran into the industrial building and then shot him dead through some windows on the 2nd floor.

He combat logged :( but there was no way to even get on the shack's roof where his body would have been unless I jumped to.

Edited by DrizzLx

i killed a rabbit with a hatchet..

That takes skill.

Ahah it does indeed.

I guess this was one of my best shots, totally unintentional though xP

Edited by R3con
  • Like 1

Well, I had spawned with an AKM 500m east of Cherno. It was a private hive that I've been on before, but it was a LONG time before I went on it again. Of course, I head into Cherno searching for trouble (and supplies, of course). I see zombies that I clearly didn't spawn. I head into the middle of Cherno and hear gunshots, but they are not toward me. I thought they were m107 shots. In front of me to the left, I see a sniper on the firestation. I shoot at him and miss, he was at medium range, but I'm not the best shot. I believe he saw me, so I zig-zag and get the fuck away. While I was behind a wall, I decided to flank him, but there was a very open spot in front of me. It seemed he was hiding from me, so I take my chance and run. I flank all the way around and go up the ladder, slowly, because he might hear me. Then he looks toward the ladder, goes prone and waits, I figure that I'm fucked. I go down fast. Then out of fucking nowhere, two people climb through me. The first guy must've thought I was his friend. They go up there and kill the sniper, while they were looting the body, I go up and shoot them both, take one of the bandits AS50s and ran out of Cherno, hid in a tree, and ended up telling you this story. Seriously, this happened, like, 10 minutes ago.

SGuRM.jpg?1

Edited by deejay2900

I was driving east across the bridge in Taviana with a buddy when someone shot at us from the sandbag bunker. I kept driving and got down behind the shipping containers. I pulled out my DMR, looked through the gap between two of the containers and spotted his head poking up over the barrier. No rangefinders, I took a rough guess on the range and fired. First shot hits him right in the head.

Second favorite was when I was flying around with some buddies in a helicopter - 4 of us with snipers and ghillies. Some kid pipes up over side chat asking who's in the helicopter then says "comply or I will shoot." I put the helicopter down behind some trees and we all hop out. We spot him sprinting across a field but he gets into a stand of trees. I run around to the back side of the trees and spot him running across another field. I range some bushes at 500m and zero my M40a3. He was zig zagging and I took the shot, it hit just behind him. I keep watching and waiting as he runs away from me. He starts to get a bit lazier with his zigs. I wait for him to turn and then take a 2 dots up 2 dots over hold off. I shoot, the bullet nails him right in the back. He drops and lays there bleeding out in the field. I watch him laying there, bleeding out when my buddy shoots him again. Didn't quite kill him though, he keeps bleeding out and then dies and I got the kill.

Edited by metal_fingers
  • Like 1

1592m headshot with an AS50 and a 700m HS with a Lee Enfield would have to be my two best kills.

Besides that, countless hatchet murders of Electro/Cherno sniper fags.

I was in overwatch on one of the hills above Starry with a good view of the whole town and the military tents. I had a DMR/Ghillie/M4A3. I killed a few people, found some NVGs (seems the hardest thing for me to find always), when a bus drove into town. There were a few guys in it, I immediately opened up, but I didn't have the range for sure and didn't know which milidot to use, so didn't manage to do more than shoot out the windows and fuck up the hull a bit. I chilled for another 10 minutes or so, getting shit to repair my atv. I eventually got it running and went after the bus hoping for goodfites. Well, turns out they had the same plan because they'd parked the bus to the southwest of starry over that little hill where I couldn't see it, and were crawling back in after me. I drove through them on my atv, they all took shots at me as I jinked out of LOS, I went and parked the ATV 1000m or so away and circled around so that I was to their East in the woods. It was raining and visibility wasn't super, but I stopped and set up within sight of the bus (~700 meters). After zooming in, I saw that one was lying there, facing the wrong way. I had a rangefinder, and knew how far I was shooting, but still didn't know the milidots. I figured I didn't have time to look it up, so I just figured trial and error...worked out, he managed to get on the bus, but I blew his head off as soon as it switched him to the chair. A minute or so later I see his buddy crawling towards the bus, one shot to the face 4tw. About 15 minutes later the last one crawls up from a different angle, and got the same treatment. They had a silenced M9 and the mk.48 I was looking for.

Good times.

Ah, well I have been playing DayZ for a LONG time. I have many kills and many stories to share.

Kill 1. We'll start with my first kill. I was a noob with no knowledge...i had no idea where I was. But, I did know that someone had a shotgun in a church across the street.(which i later found out was the Cherno church.) Did I mention that i only had a hatchet? No..? Well...yea. So the guy with the shotgun ended up seeing me as I failed a kamikaze bonzai axe charge into the church doors. He shot, missed, and I ran outside. I was hiding behind a fence...with the opening of the fence right next to me...and i could see over the fence with 3rd person. All of the sudden, i saw him running straight toward the fence, about to enter the opening and probably run into me. I jumped out at the perfect time and axed him in the face. First kill ever.

Awesome Kill 2: As i got better at DayZ, my brother and I started to understand how the game worked. At this point we were looting fire stations, houses, and barns. I had a Lee Enfield and he had an AKM. I was on top of the firestation in cherno while my brother made a run to loot the general store. I was basically watching him. BOOM. Sniper killed my brother. From one of the VERY TALL buildings in the back of cherno that I call "triple yellow". He was crouched and poking out half of his body, looking at me, ready to fire. I had absolutely no time. He was over 500m away and I just dragged a noscope with my lee enfield. It hit him square in the face. I just noscoped a man from 500m away that was about to kill me with his DMR. Welp....i got the DMR.

Awesome kill(s) 3: Speaking of the DMR, it became my favorite weapon. Countless runs to the NWAF barracks, stary sobor, and scouting missions into cities and other high populated areas made me the most reliable support player to my friends. One day at the northwest airfield, i encountered another sniper over 700 meters away from me. I was on the western edge of the NWAF coming out of the southern barracks. He was across the entire airfield, north a bit. He hit me in one DAMN shot. I scurried behind a fence and healed myself. I told my brother not to move, for he was near the sniper and only had his pistol. I did not want him to die....and if I died....he would have had a very low chance of survival on that airfield. I took morphine and painkills after bandaging myself, got up, and scouted the tree line. It had to be 5 more CRACKS right next to me before I could see where he was shooting me from. I line up my crosshairs over 4 mildots down on my DMR, and strike him straight in the head as he was crouch-walking through the trees. My brother got his sniper and we headed to stary after looting the airfield.

Bored day - story 4: It was only a couple months ago...i've been playing since the start of DayZ, so this story isn't hard to believe. Over the course of 14 hours, i acquired 31 kills in Elektro, staying alive all day, making a few runs into town to re-supply on food, and basically terrorizing the town. I killed over 10 other snipers, many of which engaged me and even hit me a few times. Survival was hard, but I was determined. It was either play DayZ or watch boy meets world with my sister. Fuck that.

In the midst of the day, only around 8 kills, i came upon 4 players on a hill. This has to be the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to me in dayz. I had a ghillie suit that I looted in either stary or the northwest...i can't remember....and of course I also had my DMR. Anyway...these four players were talking to each other in direct chat, sitting still on top of a hill in the north, discussing "Plans." I found it hilarious because their voices sounded so nerdy. In my mind I had to immediately give them nerdy nicknames before blowing their brains out. I decided to go with the names, Sheldon, Stewart, Larry, and Francis. At this point I am prone, in the middle of some tall grass, 20 meters away. I am listening to their conversation, honestly, still contemplating if I am going to kill them. Well, as soon as i heard "we're going to take over elektro. we need to spread out and set up on different buildings. kill anyone you see that is not us, even the unarmed players. this is it guys!"

Made me throw up in my mouth. Fuck it. Boom. I took down sheldon immediately. All you hear is "AMOMG GUYS STAHP NO FRIENDLY FIRE PLZZ WE ARE A TEAM. WE ARE FRIENDS!" The other 3 started running west, so BOOM. I took out Stewart. At this point, Larry and Francis were blaming each other for being traitors. It took them almost a minute to figure out that they were being ambushed. They hid behind a rock for a solid 10 minutes...i am still just sitting there, 20meters away, laughing my ass off. As they finally come out, i took out Larry instantly. Francis started to surrender, so I let him run about 100 meters down the hill until I finally took him out. He fell flat on the road. About 10 minutes later I ended up taking out a chopper. (i had an as50 in my backpack, but i never really use it. I feel naked without my DMR but the as50 is the chopper killer.)

I continued on, achieved 31 kills, and died. From a kid with shotgun running up behind me.

This game sucks now because of hackers, no skill and no chance to use my skill.

• Like 2

This happened yesterday while playing on a private hive server and some idiots were bragging about their helicopter they had got, at the time I also had a helicopter I flew to the airfields searching for them and eventually found them while in the air I switched from pilot seat to front gunner seat and shot the heli and quickly switched back to pilot regained my altitude and flew to my hideout.

Technically its not a kill but I killed the helicopter and it was fucking awesome

• Like 2

I was at Balota - not the airfield, though, the other building a little to the west.

I was watching for movement from the treeline when an incoming round sped past me, so I hit the ground and crawl back into the trees. I didn't see anything for a while, so I flanked the building in a wide semi-circle, coming to rest at its rear.

Just as I did so some chap came skulking out from the front, moving past me without seeing me. I lit him up with my makarov, but he ran back the way he'd come .....

So I decide to follow, and go round the front, but there's no-one there ... I creep along and turn the corner .... And there he is - lying prone in a recess with a DMR pointed at me! I'm a dead man!

But it just so happened my crosshairs had come to rest right on his head..... I fire first and it's all over. Bap.

Got me a DMR out of that - and promptly lost it about ten mins later via a horde of zombie and another player. Good times.