DayzOfUs

Will Dayz standalone come to Mac

hi im new to dayz and i really wat to play it. um i just wanted to know if the standalone was coming to mac?

thanks

I doubt it, if macs can't run the normal DayZ I doubt they can run the standalone, but you never know.

If it ever does it's a long way off. That's what you get for being trendy I guess.

• Like 12

I doubt it, if macs can't run the normal DayZ I doubt they can run the standalone, but you never know.

Who says Macs can't run DayZ?

Both the Mac Pro and iMac can smash DayZ with no effort whatsoever.

• Like 2

Who says Macs can't run DayZ?

Both the Mac Pro and iMac can smash DayZ with no effort whatsoever.

You left out ipad and iphone!

• Like 2

boot camp. get it.

Thats a good point. I thought Mac users could play using Bootcamp anyway? If so, no need to wait. You can be trendy and play DayZ, it's a win-win.

• Like 3

Thats a good point. I thought Mac users could play using Bootcamp anyway? If so, no need to wait. You can be trendy and play DayZ, it's a win-win.

I play DayZ on my Macbook with boot camp. I am a trendy motherfucker!

Well I used to until i glued a broken headphone plug inside the slot anyway.

• Like 2

Fuck everyone who thinks a mac can't run dayz just because its a mac, I bootcamped it and can play dayz maxed graphics no problem. Its annoying hearing everyone say how shit mac is well no your wrong maybe you bitch about mac sucking at gaming because you can't afford it. It doesn't matter if yours cost half as mine and runs twice as well because honestly people don't buy macs to game they buy them for school, or work or some of the sort with some gaming in between.

Fuck everyone who thinks a mac can't run dayz just because its a mac, I bootcamped it and can play dayz maxed graphics no problem. Its annoying hearing everyone say how shit mac is well no your wrong maybe you bitch about mac sucking at gaming because you can't afford it. It doesn't matter if yours cost half as mine and runs twice as well because honestly people don't buy macs to game they buy them for school, or work or some of the sort with some gaming in between.

It gives laptops out there even more expensive than mac like alienware the m18x could own mac any day

Nope they just buy a mac because they think it's cool and all their friends have one!

You can do work or school work on pc also they are not just used for gaming.

• Like 2

That is were you are wrong. Dayz will be on mac because he says if he get enough people playing it on PC he will then transfer the game to mac and console

Macs+Dayz=Not gonna work

I would bet that with my mac laptop boot camped to play Dayz played on max settings with great FPS is at least 2x what you have.

You could get a pc lappy, and you know, skip boot camp... Convinience, since if you have dayz you probs have other games too.

Herp-a-Derp people all up in this thread.

I play DayZ very nicely on a 2011 Macbook Pro. Very fluid, decent settings, hell this thing runs Battlefield 3 (albeit with utter craptastic quality, not that much better than the 360 version). People tend to underestimate Macs as a gaming platform, with Bootcamp it actually plays rather well. Playing native under OSX is only good if you buy games specifically ported to Mac, and not just ported under a Wineskin (Feral Interactive are very good with this).

Buy a gaming rig if you can, but don't discredit Macs as a gaming platform, they're pretty decent under Bootcamp.

• Like 2

i have to laugh at all the ridiculous prejudice about macs and osx here.. and not to forget the lame iphone joke, which poster had to post twice, oh wauw, yeah we're still laughing...

posts like:

"Macs+Dayz=Not gonna work"

"Nope they just buy a mac because they think it's cool and all their friends have one!"

"Who the hell buys a Mac?, sell it OP and get a computer."

"Get a real computer :P"

.. is just the inevitable, ever returning, uneducated guessing and rambling we always see (seems to be a trend almost...)

Operative system or platform of choice is a personal matter of opinion and values. Some choose with the exterior look as first priority other dont, thats a fact for both windows and osx users, and whether its stupid or not is also a matter of opinion.

Some of us are running osx on PC hardware (aka hackintosh), and not because its trendy but because its a superior operative system in my opinion, any person that i know who went from windows to osx confirms that; and the way i see it, most who says otherwise were "raised" with windows and never really gave osx a chance - no wonder you dont know how to use it.

I think about what you put in the word trendy, considering the vast majority of computer users are on windows solutions, id say thats the popular choice. Which ofcause also is the reason that most games being developed for windows.

If trendy means pay-for-pretty, ill have to quote an old danish saying:

"They are sour, said the fox about the rowanberries, for he could not reach them".

back on topic,

the question is quite valid since Rocket did mention the possibility of a mac version (also mentioned by Xboxblockops in post #16). Furthermore we se more and more games being developed/wrapped for osx these days, so i dont think its all that unlikely.

Id like to see a osx version very much, but i have my bootcamp if not.

take care

-droid

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trend

Edited by droidurge
  • Like 1

I would bet that with my mac laptop boot camped to play Dayz played on max settings with great FPS is at least 2x what you have.

So have you done it booted camped at max setting because if you have i would LOVE to know your FPS. I really would no joke i'm curies if you can get over 20fps, Then if you can get over 20 i would like to know what you payed for your "computer."