Xianyu

A message to the people who are mad about the patch

A bean-shower for you my good man.

What I can never understand is this: everyone runs on roads! Can you not see the muzza fuzzin sound gauge?! Might as well run around playing a vuvuzela.

Can't wait to plug a few dickheads stomping their obnoxious way through the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 4

people like me, who actually enjoy survival instead of deathmatching, and guess what?

Just go for single player games man. Multi is obviously not for you.

• Like 1

Just go for single player games man. Multi is obviously not for you.

DayZ wasn't made to be a deatmatch, it was made to be a survival game.

• Like 9

It will still be a deathmatch. Current changes will not affect the number of bandits. I would even say that now killing carebears for their gear will be more common, as looting is not so easy anymore. The OP should not play an online game, where PvP is allowed if he's so upset with being killed which is main reason he started this topic. BTW i like the changes, because they make game more challenging i just don't like the OP's argumentation, as it's pretty dump and comes from pure frustration.

• Like 1

I'm slightly amused by the people rushing to judgement based on, at most, a couple of hours play. Come back in a week or two when you've actually had a chance to play it.

• Like 1

It will still be a deathmatch. Current changes will not affect the number of bandits. I would even say that now killing carebears for their gear will be more common, as looting is not so easy anymore. The OP should not play an online game, where PvP is allowed if he's so upset with being killed which is main reason he started this topic. BTW i like the changes, because they make game more challenging i just don't like the OP's argumentation, as it's pretty dump and comes from pure frustration.

Uhm... the last time I died was a hacker. The time before that, another hacker... and another, and another. There were a few times when I died to zombies through stupidity. Some times I suicided.

I remember exactly the two times I've been killed by other players. Yeah. I don't die THAT often. The only time other players kill me are long-range sniper shots, or when we're teleported to a single spot on the map and I die in the clusterfuck that follows.

That being said, I don't seek out other players. I don't hunt them. I tend to avoid them if possible, because people treat this game as a deathmatch. It's an overlying mentality that comes about because the game is too 'boring'. These are people that don't shoot you because 'you have something I might need', but because 'I'm bored and you're a player. Die.'

I don't mind getting killed for my beans. That's fine. But killing other people simply because they ARE other people is a mentality that needs to fuck right off from DayZ.

My main frustration with DayZ was that it was too easy. I run through a town, get my shit, lose the zombies, move on. Rinse and repeat. Get good gear. Hunt bandits. Yay.

The main reason I started this topic is because you can SEE the crybabies who can't handle the fact that their favorite deathmatch game is now survival. And there was no voice saying 'hey, this is what the fucking game is supposed to be, grow up'.

• Like 5

But ended up being the most unique pvp death match out there.

• Like 3

But ended up being the most unique pvp death match out there.

Which is the problem. It's not 'deathmatch'. It's survival. PVP is a side effect, not the focus. And the people who can't get that through their thick skulls are hilarious.

• Like 3

Good to hear!

I haven't played the latest version yet as the server I frequent hasn't bothered to update. As a strictly survival player, this sounds like an excellent update. The only times I'd die from Zombies would be through mistakes, but now they sound a lot better. Thank buggery I've been honing my stealth skills over the past two weeks, being a survivor is about to start paying off!

Well said Xianyu.

Btw pro tip: Apparently, with the new patch, zombies will hear direct voice chat now. So get ready to ghost whisper zombies onto those trigger happy survivors.

Can blabber on all day about how " its a survival game not a deathmatch pvp game " it's not going to change the fact that people will still QQ.

Make the game harder? Make zombies a bigger threat so people can't gear up as easy? No problem, script kiddies dont give a shit and with the free scripts out there its probably going to give more of a reason to go and download them.

You cant tell people how to play their game, if people want to play it as a deathmatch then theres nothing stopping them from getting a gun and KoS'ing anybody they want. You dont see deathmatch style players running around dishing out shit to hardcore survivalists so i dont see why people cant play the way they want to play while leaving others play their way aswell.

Edited by Maalla

Can blabber on all day about how " its a survival game not a deathmatch pvp game " it's not going to change the fact that people will still QQ.

Make the game harder? Make zombies a bigger threat so people can't gear up as easy? No problem, script kiddies dont give a shit and with the free scripts out there its probably going to give more of a reason to go and download them.

You cant tell people how to play their game, if people want to play it as a deathmatch then theres nothing stopping them from getting a gun and KoS'ing anybody they want. You dont see deathmatch style players running around dishing out shit to hardcore survivalists so i dont see why people cant play the way they want to play while leaving others play their way aswell.

Actually, yes you do. You see them doing it every time they shoot one of them in the face for no reason at all. They have no reason to complain about survivalists. Why? Because it doesn't violate how they play the game in any way, shape, or form. That's like saying 'hey, ocean, STFU, that oil spill isn't a big deal. You don't see the CLOUDS complaining, do you?'

It just doesn't affect them.

• Like 1

Hahaha the new patch is doing a good job smashing them KOS kiddies! I only see only one thread complaining about the patch and this thread probably prevented a lot more from being created XD. I say go on and take DayZ to the survival route and KOS people stop crying, it'll never be the same again, DayZ is changing for the better it was never intended to be a deathmatch game anyway.

I have mentioned this before but the real problem is that PKing is a trivial act in DayZ. I'm all for PvP in DayZ even though I don't participate in it myself but the fact of the matter is that the game doesn't give you a reason not to kill other people. If you were stranded on an island would you go around killing everyone you see for the sake of survival? Are you just surviving for the sake of surviving? What sort of life did you leave behind and what is the state of the rest of the world? What sort of world are you contributing to if you're just going to kill all your potential neighbors? Would you be able to live with yourself? IRL bullets would eventually run out too.

These are the things that would dictate your actions in a real survival situation. The current endgame in DayZ happens whenever you reach the point where you can survive comfortably, and once you reach that state which is comparatively easy to get to you are in an environment that fosters casual killing.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm neutral in opinion either way. I see the PvE enhancements making ways to help alleviate some of those issues but I do wonder whether it just means that the same result is now delayed.

• Like 1

Actually, yes you do. You see them doing it every time they shoot one of them in the face for no reason at all. They have no reason to complain about survivalists. Why? Because it doesn't violate how they play the game in any way, shape, or form. That's like saying 'hey, ocean, STFU, that oil spill isn't a big deal. You don't see the CLOUDS complaining, do you?'

It just doesn't affect them.

And yet here we are.

I have mentioned this before but the real problem is that PKing is a trivial act in DayZ. I'm all for PvP in DayZ even though I don't participate in it myself but the fact of the matter is that the game doesn't give you a reason not to kill other people. If you were stranded on an island would you go around killing everyone you see for the sake of survival? Are you just surviving for the sake of surviving? What sort of life did you leave behind and what is the state of the rest of the world? What sort of world are you contributing to if you're just going to kill all your potential neighbors? Would you be able to live with yourself? IRL bullets would eventually run out too.

These are the things that would dictate your actions in a real survival situation. The current endgame in DayZ happens whenever you reach the point where you can survive comfortably, and once you reach that state which is comparatively easy to get to you are in an environment that fosters casual killing.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm neutral in opinion either way. I see the PvE enhancements making ways to help alleviate some of those issues but I do wonder whether it just means that the same result is now delayed.

No matter what the endgame for the vast majority of DayZ players will be 'shoot other people beause they are other people'.

All that CAN be done is delaying that point for a while.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me, Ive seen what one or two posts complaining about the patch? hardly something to make a thread about...

Beans for you.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me, Ive seen what one or two posts complaining about the patch? hardly something to make a thread about...

Doesn't make it any less true, however.

• Like 1

Sorry...zombies are a threat now? Do they run indoors now? Can you no longer lose them by sitting in a conifer tree? Unless I missed something in the patch notes, zombies are still just pests, nothing more.

Sorry...zombies are a threat now? Do they run indoors now? Can you no longer lose them by sitting in a conifer tree? Unless I missed something in the patch notes, zombies are still just pests, nothing more.

Zombies can communicate with each other now so even a pistol can attract a whole horde of zombies in the larger cities, which are also huge hotspots for pvp (hence the rather vocal uproar from pvpers).

But honestly, pvpers should embrace this change, not condone it. They just need to get more creative in cities. Want to kill some guy across the street? Wait till he's inside and then sneak in to hatchet him down. Got a horde on your ass? Get a teammate to ghost-whisper towards them (direct voice chat attracts nearby zombies now) or even better, get the horde to chase after your enemies.

Standalone appears to be along the same train of thought when it comes to survival, so players should learn to adapt or save themselves the disappointment now.

Or they can try this mod when it comes out (a new arma mod by R4Z0R49 and co. that appears to be dayz without the zombies).

Edited by Deetwo
  • Like 1

OP nailed it

dayzmod is at last approaching the game it was always meant to be. I laugh now when I see panicked bandits running from zeds with their hatchet out, you can almost read their thoughts -

'what the fuck is going on???? we'll see about this, I'm off to the forums to vent my rage, how dare they make zombies a challenge, how dare they force us to think long and hard before we set out to achieve our goals!'

and 'why is that survivor looking so satisfied?'