Sign in to follow this  
sibble

Zeds aggro/spawn is ridiculous!

A delay in zombie respawns is a good idea. I don't mind getting swarmed by a horde,as long as it's not unlimited.

• Like 1

Well I love that they swarm, I just don't like the idea that they have a gps tracking device on me and can follow me to the gates of hell if I go there, despite never seeing me, now that is not "realistic" or difficult, its just a ridiculous annoyance.

Why not making them aggro towards a location!? They hear a gunshot on a direction and the game knows where it came from, if the zombie can see the player then he aggros the player, if not then he aggros a random location near the gunshot/noise/whatever, so he runs there, if there he sees a player he then aggros the player, if not, then he starts wandering around, and if the player is nearby all of a sudden he have a swarm of zombies right in his way.

Zombies knowing that a gunshot came exactly from that room in that building is just silly, unrealistic, and annoying, I want them to be hard, but I want to have solutions other than running away or using exploits to lose them, for once I would like to use skill like you would in real life when a ferocious animal chases you.

• Like 3

Well I love that they swarm, I just don't like the idea that they have a gps tracking device on me and can follow me to the gates of hell if I go there, despite never seeing me, now that is not "realistic" or difficult, its just a ridiculous annoyance.

Why not making them aggro towards a location!? They hear a gunshot on a direction and the game knows where it came from, if the zombie can see the player then he aggros the player, if not then he aggros a random location near the gunshot/noise/whatever, so he runs there, if there he sees a player he then aggros the player, if not, then he starts wandering around, and if the player is nearby all of a sudden he have a swarm of zombies right in his way.

Zombies knowing that a gunshot came exactly from that room in that building is just silly, unrealistic, and annoying, I want them to be hard, but I want to have solutions other than running away or using exploits to lose them, for once I would like to use skill like you would in real life when a ferocious animal chases you.

I'm not sure if this is possible in the mod but it's a nice idea, lol.

I'm not sure if this is possible in the mod but it's a nice idea, lol.

It could be something to think about in SA.

Not sure if it's possible myself but it'd be awesome to see a group of survivors by a barn finding engine parts, shooting near them and bringing the herds towards them :lol:

Another thing would be to see random herds of 20-30 zombies in a field or whilst running through a forest at night with only a chemlight in your hand.

i've been beta testing the patch for weeks, Z's now really are a consideration rather than an annoyance, you can get trapped really quickly and killed by the horde.. horror!! imagine that in the apocolypse? carefull opening tins of drink & eating would be my tip.. Also what hasn't really been stressed is is that Z's hearing now works properly too..

Edited by Calibre

+1 was thinking of this after posting last night...

1 gunshot = zombies go to area

another shot within 10s they get even closer...

and so on.

Right now it's 1 gunshot and they all know exactly where you are which is unrealistic. It's like the 1 gunshot I used to get a head shot on a zombie, before the braaains came out he yelled out to his other buddies.

EDIT: I think we need at least 5 more posts saying it's a survival game.

Edited by sibble
  • Like 1

It is a Survival game, not a PVP wannabe CoD In cherno...

- This brings more life to the game, yet another thing... MORE FUCKING SURVIVAL! and ammo is sortoff rare now xD

And fair enough but....Shouldn't we be able to find more silenced weapons if that's the case? I mean if the former military at the island got overrun (which they did) I wonder how long it would take them to realize that silenced weapons is the way to go and call out for ''massive'' suppressor and silenced tech drops?

As for ammo, no objections there and Im happy that its scarce as it is.

How about we get more zombie killing weapons, shovel, bat... uhh a pool stick i dunno

If I was able to carry a primary, secondary and a hatchet and be able to use any of those at any time without having to drop my primary weapon, i'd be happy...

or even having the hatchet go into secondary

Edited by sibble
  • Like 3

Just relax awhile and try adapting. I don't think it was very prudent to wait 24 hours from patch day to come to the forums looking for nerfs :/

To me the changes seem great so far, I just wish they had fixed the retard mode when players run into a tree. Now instead of completely loosing interest the zombies just stand there and wail on you doing zero damage.

I rather adore the new zombie path-finding and sensitivity. Feels like you are actually trying to survive through the zombie apocalypse, and every zombie is an enemy.

After a long while, zombies have become yet again a predator of DayZ, and now, listen for the moans and screams...

I don't have to do anything. The only smart option available now is not to engage zeds and this is not a playstyle that I care to entertain. Clearing an area was a viable strategy before. It's one that will even benefit people once the standalone hits as zombies don't respawn until server restart. You can scan a location and clear a path to locations of interest.

The fact that other people are gaining aggro is moot if their only objective is to shoot you. It's a lot easier downing someone then dealing with Arma 2's inventory system when you're trying to gear up after dying or looking for specific items which are now more crucial than before.

Lol only noobs shoot zombies, shooting zombies only gets you killed by players, veteran players only shoot zombies as last option resort.

Just need to be smart, stealthy, and tactical. I never shoot my primary unless I definitely have to.

Zombies aren't really that big of a problem as long as you're patient and know what you're doing. Makes it harder, which in my opinion, I like it being more difficult so I feel more accomplished at the end of the day.

Lol only noobs shoot zombies, shooting zombies only gets you killed by players, veteran players only shoot zombies as last option resort.

What the hell are you talking about? You know the part I mentioned where you scan a location. Yeah. That's kind of important. I have yet to engage in a firefight in a town that I didn't start or avoid altogether by clicking the 2nd mouse button or using binoculars/sniper riffle before running in like an idiot or moving prone like an assclown. Moving slowly in loot locations is what gets you killed in Dayz.

Killing zombies in a zombie game shouldn't be taboo. That's retarded. The reason you get rid of them is so you can loot efficiently, keep the exits clear and switch to your primary afterwards in case of surprises.

so pretty much any game with a gun in it is cod? cool. oh and by the way, what's wrong with cod? it's the best selling video game franchise of all time, it's definitely better than dayz. i'm not a cod fanboy, nor do i play it (i used to), these are just plain facts.

*facepalm* any game with a gun in it and has pvp is a fucking CoD wannabe? are you retarded?

the problem here is that the only way to pvp in a viable manner is to sit and snipe, this is what they should fix.

What the heck? That's not at all what they were saying. It's a joke about the amount of PVP.

Also, COD being better is a fact? Man, you have idea how much I hate whenever someone states an opinion as "fact".

Also, I can't disagree more on the "only viable PVP option".

:facepalm:

Edited by colekern

so pretty much any game with a gun in it is cod? cool. oh and by the way, what's wrong with cod? it's the best selling video game franchise of all time, it's definitely better than dayz. i'm not a cod fanboy, nor do i play it (i used to), these are just plain facts.

*facepalm* any game with a gun in it and has pvp is a fucking CoD wannabe? are you retarded?

the problem here is that the only way to pvp in a viable manner is to sit and snipe, this is what they should fix.

Saying that CoD is better than DayZ is definitely not a fact. That is an opinion. If you mean by it selling more copies, than sure, it's a fact, but keep in mind that you don't spend money on DayZ, only ArmA.

The reference of DayZ having a CoD feel to it is the amount of KOS that happens. IMO, I think it has died down than what it used to be.

Not trying to be hostile, just trying to correct some things lol.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

It's certainly a challenge now, I got boxed in by one zombie at Stary med tents, fire one round of a 1911, head shot boom mother fucker. Suddenly I have a lot more friends.

What happens if you don't know the rules.

Rule #10: Be Quiet: Its the end of the world as you know it so try to avoid squeeling like a 4th grade school girl and perhaps invest in some good sneakers. Nobody said you have to kill all the zombies and there is certainly no shame in sneaking around and surviving versus tearing and shooting around like a madman and ending up being an undead happy meal.

Rule #6: Travel in a Group: The best way to increase your odds of survival when travelling in a zombie outbreak is to make sure your a traveling buffet. Going it alone gives the zombies no choices but to eat you. Going it with the careless hero with his big gun, the little kid who cant run and the middle aged man with the plastic leg gives the zombies more options and you better odds you can run away faster then they can.

Edited by b683960

Zombies can not be engaged now.. because they WIll destroy you.

Even playing it slow and safe, they're detection rate is too high, and I've been aggroed while crawling through the grass, 30 meters away from any zombie.

Before I'd only ever pull out my hatchet if I new I could get away with crawling behind and removing one zombie from my path. Now it's not even worth it, because his friends in the immediate area will swarm.

Having not yet played with the new patch I have two questions. 1. Can I still outrun the infected and 2. Can I therefore become a Pied Piper of Infected leading whole towns worth of infected along the lonely roads of Chenarus?

Having not yet played with the new patch I have two questions. 1. Can I still outrun the infected and 2. Can I therefore become a Pied Piper of Infected leading whole towns worth of infected along the lonely roads of Chenarus?

1. Yes. Can you lose them? No.

Believe me I've tried, they are relentless and will hunt you down.

2. More than likely, I didn't try, I hid and had them stand there for 3 minutes, start to lose interest and then 10 more show up and it's back to trying to swing at me in my hiding spot.

1. Yes. Can you lose them? No.

Believe me I've tried, they are relentless and will hunt you down.

2. More than likely, I didn't try, I hid and had them stand there for 3 minutes, start to lose interest and then 10 more show up and it's back to trying to swing at me in my hiding spot.

It works much better in the next version. Patience ;)