Sign in to follow this  
sibble

Zeds aggro/spawn is ridiculous!

So basically if you want to kill a zombie, you gota use either a hatchet or a silenced weapon. Shooting one zombie with an AK will pull the entire town to you, and once you do that you'll start a chain reaction of more aggro, so what's the point in using it?

Patch pretty much limited 95% of all weapons to PvP only. It's not that you can't use these weapons to kill zombies, you'll just be using all your collected ammo if you do.

• Like 5

It is a Survival game, not a PVP wannabe CoD In cherno...

- This brings more life to the game, yet another thing... MORE FUCKING SURVIVAL! and ammo is sortoff rare now xD

• Like 5

Like said in many other posts, DayZ was too much like CoD with annoying zombies. Maybe now it will be more like zombie survival game. I like it.

• Like 2

So basically if you want to kill a zombie, you gota use either a hatchet or a silenced weapon. Shooting one zombie with an AK will pull the entire town to you, and once you do that you'll start a chain reaction of more aggro, so what's the point in using it?

Patch pretty much limited 95% of all weapons to PvP only. It's not that you can't use these weapons to kill zombies, you'll just be using all your collected ammo if you do.

This sounds cool as fuck, it will make folk think twice about killing new spawns in Cherno. Runs off to test this with his AK and bandit scarf, expects things to end badly. :)

Edited by DazTroyer
  • Like 1

I have been playing non stop and I am loving every second of it! Every single player I have ran into either was to busy running from zeds or asking if I could bloodbag them.lol It's brilliant! Everyone is working together....Like it should be!

Edited by DanielTy88

Shooting makes perect sense. If your cover is blown, you kill a few that are an immediate danger then escape in the window you just opened. Shooting a zombie that is about to wail on your face is preferable to easily outrunning a zombie train.

Because the Z AI/Animations/Pathing is pretty much a joke right shooting Z would be more necessary if they did more damage, talked to one another (which the next patch is going to fix) and could run in interior enviroments.

And why can't i shoot zombies? I enjoy looping around a town, spawning all Z, shooting a Leeenfield then heading for the second level of a barn. Zombie herding.

This lisn't good logic for PvP either. Shooting a gun lets other players hone on your postion from up to 800m away, so don't shoot anything?

Edited by Trizzo

This is a survival game. You arnt really "meant" to be going around looking to get into trouble with either zombies or other people. Thats kinda the opposite thing to do if you are trying to survive. (unless you are resporting to stealing from other people)

So what if the zombies are hard now? Adapt and survive... or dont. All the same to me.

Edited by Talibambi

Weeks of stealth has given me the best silenced weapons in the game, along with Guille/NV/GPS. Learn to be stealthy, and you too can reap the rewards! (unlike killing spawns in Cherno, as they obviously have nothing of value).

is running inside a building a picking the zombie/s off with head shots from a pistol still a valid "low profile" tactic?

is running inside a building a picking the zombie/s off with head shots from a pistol still a valid "low profile" tactic?

Depends how many infected are in the area. Any agro'd zed will draw in any other zed in the immediate area (80 meters? I forget) Meaning if you get cornered, you will have an unlimited supply of zeds coming down on you.

If the 80 meters thing is recursive [hopefully not] then you may have the entire zombie community chasing you: the first zombie will aggro any zombie within 80 meters, they'll aggro other zombies around them an so on...

_Anubis_

I was in stary last night. I kid you not - at LEAST 40 zombies continuously. Was in elektro and we had another 40 around the firestation.

Zombies are dangerous now. They swarm.

im loving it it kinda has a benny hill feel to it. lmao.. its really moving in the direction it should be.

I agree. The zombies needed buffing up anyway. They have never really been a threat (as long as I have been playing). The standalone is gonna be even more brutal :D

I don't know what everyone's playstyle is but crawling anywhere is not particularly intelligent if you're in a populated server. The zombie aggro is beyond broken. I used to go into a building to scavenge for supplies and be able to kill off what little aggro I got from zeds. This time around, if you even fire on one, you'll end up with an endless stream of them coming after you thanks to the way spawns work. It was a terrible idea to implement this especially considering zeds buggy nature already. They clip and aggro through walls and can hit you, even when you're inside a building. The only answer is getting in, grabbing what you can and getting out. Forget actually killing them.

Haven't played since the patch dropped but am I the only one who thinks this sounds fucking epic?! Lol. xD

This sounds great, still on 1.7.4.4 at the moment, updating now, I need to see this first hand...

I don't know what everyone's playstyle is but crawling anywhere is not particularly intelligent if you're in a populated server. The zombie aggro is beyond broken. I used to go into a building to scavenge for supplies and be able to kill off what little aggro I got from zeds. This time around, if you even fire on one, you'll end up with an endless stream of them coming after you thanks to the way spawns work. It was a terrible idea to implement this especially considering zeds buggy nature already. They clip and aggro through walls and can hit you, even when you're inside a building. The only answer is getting in, grabbing what you can and getting out. Forget actually killing them.

Crawling on a populated server = bad idea? Then come up with a new strategy. Dont forget that EVERYONE else will have the same agro as you if they start shooting. Play smart. The game has changed now and you have to adapt.

Crawling on a populated server = bad idea? Then come up with a new strategy. Dont forget that EVERYONE else will have the same agro as you if they start shooting. Play smart. The game has changed now and you have to adapt.

I don't have to do anything. The only smart option available now is not to engage zeds and this is not a playstyle that I care to entertain. Clearing an area was a viable strategy before. It's one that will even benefit people once the standalone hits as zombies don't respawn until server restart. You can scan a location and clear a path to locations of interest.

The fact that other people are gaining aggro is moot if their only objective is to shoot you. It's a lot easier downing someone then dealing with Arma 2's inventory system when you're trying to gear up after dying or looking for specific items which are now more crucial than before.

Like said in many other posts, DayZ was too much like CoD with annoying zombies. Maybe now it will be more like zombie survival game. I like it.

so pretty much any game with a gun in it is cod? cool. oh and by the way, what's wrong with cod? it's the best selling video game franchise of all time, it's definitely better than dayz. i'm not a cod fanboy, nor do i play it (i used to), these are just plain facts.

It is a Survival game, not a PVP wannabe CoD In cherno...

- This brings more life to the game, yet another thing... MORE FUCKING SURVIVAL! and ammo is sortoff rare now xD

*facepalm* any game with a gun in it and has pvp is a fucking CoD wannabe? are you retarded?

the problem here is that the only way to pvp in a viable manner is to sit and snipe, this is what they should fix.

One annoying thing I noticed was the vehicle damage is not just the glass they damage wheels aswell. The respawn rate for zeds is too high aswell when you've gone to the effort of killing say 30 zombies there should be at least a 5-10 minute respawn to give you a chance to loot areas. Overall I think its a big improvement and zombies are something to fear again.

• Like 2