KattSavage

New Combat Roll Animation

Balance > Realism.

However in this case, the rolling animation just isn't at home in Dayz.....yo.

The vault animation is terrible to. I feel really bad for the blacks who play this game, and are forced to jump like whitey. It is what it is. Its there now, so I'll use it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't, as I never did before.

The landing animation looks a bit odd, but otherwise I find it kinda cool :D Not very realistic, but still...

Edited by BdogZ

The vault animation is terrible to. I feel really bad for the blacks who play this game, and are forced to jump like whitey. It is what it is. Its there now, so I'll use it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't, as I never did before.

.... <_<

I'm sorry but I can't find anything positive to say about it.

No body does this in the real world, especially carrying a full backpack or more importantly something as delicate as a loaded rifle. It's a recipe to breaking your gear or injuring yourself. This kind of John Woo gameplay doesn't really belong in ArmA/DayZ.

If you ever carried a loaded rifle, you know, you never dot any sexy kinds of abrobatics, ending up filling the muzzle with dirt or banging the sights to hell, not to mention knocking your teeth out or blowing your heard off in the process of doing a olympic summersault.

Edited by Dallas

I'm sorry but I can't find anything positive to say about it.

No body does this in the real world, especially carrying a full backpack or more importantly something as delicate as a loaded rifle. It's a recipe to breaking your gear or injuring yourself. This kind of John Woo gameplay doesn't really belong in ArmA/DayZ.

If you ever carried a loaded rifle, you know, you never dot any sexy kinds of abrobatics, ending up filling the muzzle with dirt or banging the sights to hell, not to mention knocking your teeth out or blowing your heard off in the process of doing a olympic summersault.

What are you talking about? I run around the neighborhood all day long flipping over fences and such with my AR-15. I've got leet irl hax.

Well, I'm glad as hell this is just the community devs fucking around and not actually the Standalone. I don't know, this might be fun to have in the mod.

Hate it. u,u

Really, try that with a backpack full of weapons and ammo in real life. cu@emergency room.

I dont understand people's logic. Always with the "THIS NOT REALISTIC" in a zombie mod. ROFL.

Why are people getting so butthurt over this? If you're calling it unrealistic, why aren't you as passionate about falling 5 feet and passing out? Zombies still able to attack through walls? Sometimes zombies can break your bones in one shot but can't any other time, same with bleeding. There's a plethora of other things that are, as you put it, "unrealistic" about DayZ. Why should this get the most flak?

Besides, this is the FIRST TIME something like this has been introduced to DayZ. Yes, it's going to be buggy. Yes, people aren't going to enjoy it, but remember that this is optional. You don't have to use it every time you want to get over a fence. There's always room for improvement.

Yeah, the two posts above are good examples of the "comebacks" on these forums. They always use buggy features as excuses.

Don't get me wrong, I said it might be fun to have it in the mod, but not in the Standalone.

Edited by Sutinen

Yeah, the two posts above are good examples of the "comebacks" on these forums. They always use buggy features as excuses.

Don't get me wrong, I said it might be fun to have it in the mod, but not in the Standalone.

We use realism because others bring it up. It's unreasonable to counter realism with, say, graphics. Also, it's in the mod and it was recently released. I highly doubt Rocket is immediately putting this in the SA.

I dont understand people's logic. Always with the "THIS NOT REALISTIC" in a zombie mod. ROFL.

You'll enjoy the virolgist's paper on the theoretical virus behind the DayZ infection when that's released then I suppose, lol.

And zombie apocalypse simulator.

...Supposedly.

Why are people getting so butthurt over this? If you're calling it unrealistic, why aren't you as passionate about falling 5 feet and passing out? Zombies still able to attack through walls? Sometimes zombies can break your bones in one shot but can't any other time, same with bleeding. There's a plethora of other things that are, as you put it, "unrealistic" about DayZ. Why should this get the most flak?

Besides, this is the FIRST TIME something like this has been introduced to DayZ. Yes, it's going to be buggy. Yes, people aren't going to enjoy it, but remember that this is optional. You don't have to use it every time you want to get over a fence. There's always room for improvement.

Because you probably would break your legs/pass out from falling 5 feet with a loaded AS50 and pack on your back, lol. And I don't think zombies breaking your bones/making you bleed sometimes but not every time is unrealistic at all. :S

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Because you probably would break your legs/pass out from falling 5 feet with a loaded AS50 and pack on your back, lol. And I don't think zombies breaking your bones/making you bleed sometimes but not every time is unrealistic at all. :S

Not everyone who plays DayZ gets an AS50 chock full of mags by default :P Also, I was saying that the likelihood of zombies breaking bones is so sporadic that it's hard to call it realistic. The first time you get hit, you could break your bones and the exact same time in the exact same conditions sometimes doesn't break your bones. Keep in mind that these are regular, run-of-the-mill zombies and the character you create isn't that different from the one before. Unless your bones ARE your skin or zombies are stronger than everyone assumed, there's something wrong there.

Edited by Beloozero

Not everyone who plays DayZ gets an AS50 chock full of mags by default :P Also, I was saying that the likelihood of zombies breaking bones is so sporadic that it's hard to call it realistic. The first time you get hit, you could break your bones and the exact same time in the exact same conditions sometimes doesn't break your bones. Keep in mind that these are regular, run-of-the-mill zombies and the character you create isn't that different from the one before. Unless your bones ARE your skin or zombies are stronger than everyone assumed, there's something wrong there.

Obviously I was using the AS50 as a worst case scenario, even just a patrol pack full of tinned food would add a fair bit of weight to your body mass...

Are you actually trying to tell me that it would me more realistic for every zombie to hit you with the exact same strength every time and therefore either break your bones/skin or not every single time? u,u

I do appreciate these community updates, but this gets a little too Max Payne for my liking.

I really don't know anyone that can make kind of maneuver with a backpack and a rifle and walk away from it unharmed, maybe if you attached a 33% risk of a head injury knocking you out or a leg injury requiring morphine. It's just silly. and especially within ArmA.

Edited by Dallas

It's alright complaining about rolls and it's unreal with a as50 in it or whatever.

In real life u wouldn't have an anti-material 50 cal weapon which is 4ft 2 in a backpack which is only 2ft deep either, you wouldn't respawn at kamenka when you die and you certantly wouldn't beable to mend your legs with morphine.

Lets complain about these first.

Out of all the things that needs fixing, a roll is not it. It's an improvement to the silly unhuman step over anyway.

Edited by MessHall

You can knock stuff over with this roll and get to places you couldn't before but could easily in real life. Anyway I made it you can hate on me, IMO it is way better than retarded Vault you have in Arma now.

The original vid:

Edited by Killzone_Kid

Well. since it is completely optional, if you dont like the new combat roll, dont do the new combat roll.

You can still run up to a fence, and do the old vault over it if you really want to.

Of all the things that are wrong/broken/unrealistic in the mod, this is what you want to moan about?

I'd much rather see a hurdle jump than a roll. If you're walking, you scissor vault; if you're running, you do the hurdle jump. The problem I've noticed with the roll is that you stop for a second after jogging out of the roll and your weapon is down. There needs to be a better transition back into running. A roll would be great for ducking for cover - roll, end up in a crouch with your weapon up.

Edited by entspeak

I'd much rather see a hurdle jump than a roll.

But not without random chance for this to happen:

And this is why using vault jump is the safest way outdoors.

Looks way over the top.

Preferred the running hurdle vault that is in some servers that other posters have mentioned. Also, reason you aren't seeing many people doing this constantly yet is because I bet you many do not even know about it yet.

I like this roll purely for vaulting over fences quicker.. Too many times I have been chased by zombies only to be greeted by a fence that my character likes to almost stop completely to step over.

In real life I would dive over that wooden fence if necessary.. backpack and all..

• Like 1