xwhitemousex

Infections (ref new 1.7.5.1 update/changelog) - what does an infection do??

I tried to search for infection in the search tool without much luck. Also raised the question under the thread for the new update without any luck.

So I'll try here in a seperate thread (perhaps this should be under Newbie section).

Now you can be infected by numerous things...

When doing a blood bag / blood transfusion.

When eating uncooked meat.

When drinking unboiled water.

So what exactly are we talking about?

Is it an infection as in... you might end up a zed?

Or is it a more common / basic infection such as being sick/ill the same way you may fall sick if you are in a cold area (snowy parts of Namalsk) or just outside crawling in the mud while it's raining?

Would like to know this... getting paranoid about using my 4 bottles of water on me right now without something to boil it with >.<

Also, what are the chances of getting sick from this ? 5%, 15% 50% ???

• Like 2

It's been in the game for a really, really long time. Pretty sure they just added ways to get the infection other than being cold.

Your character slowly loses blood. That's all the infection does. You can cure it with antibiotics.

You also cough and spread it to anyone who stays near you for too long.

Edited by JackOfBlades72
  • Like 2

You cough and lose your blood to 6000 (I think) until you cure it.

• Like 1

Yeah, as above - it seems to be the same infection that you've been able to get through low temperature for a long time.

You lose 3 blood per second down to a minimum of 3,000 until you cure it with antibiotics.

• Like 1

When is this update being implemented?

Looking at DayZ Commander I can't find any servers running later than 1.7.4.4

When is this update being implemented?

Looking at DayZ Commander I can't find any servers running later than 1.7.4.4

You need to wait for admins to update at their end. Remember that they may have things like work, school, kids, life ect... you just have to wait.

I'm not updating, honestly. I don't like these updates for 1.7.5.

forever-alone-face.png

Seriously though, the new features in 1.7.5 are awesome so far. If you don't like it then feel free to stay out of the real men servers.

EDIT:

In response to the OP.

Infections used to bleed your blood down to 6000 until cured with antibiotics.

And you used to get them from being cold (swimming, staying in snowy areas etc) and with a 1 in 1000 chance when hit by a zombie.

Now it's down to 3000 blood and as before, you also make an audible cough. (that everybody near you can hear)

You can get an infection from many many things now (raw meat, blood transfusion, 1 in 500 chance when hit by zombie, unboiled water among some more i can't remember off the top of my head) and antibiotics are more common than before to compensate.

You can still heal to full (12000 blood) health but with an infection you will bleed back to 3000 blood at the rate of 3 blood per second.

From full health to 3000 takes 3000 seconds. (or 50 minutes)

Edited by X0TCadde

I Havnt been on for a cpl of weeks, how do u boil water? Have you got to find extra tools or do u just apply your water bottle to a camp fire??

The first water bottle that I found since the update I drank. The 1-500 chance of getting an infection in nonsense. I have never had an infection before, but the first bottle of water that I drank gave me an infection which eventually led me to running around in the wild looking for a boar with a flashing screen. That is quite the .002% ehh? I don't know if that number is right.

I also found an M4CCO in that same game after I got infected. Never seeing either an infection or this rare weapon before, I suddenly get both 10minutes apart. I think they changed the numbers in the game.

So anyone know the chance for getting an infection of an blood bag? hmm guess il be using more meat from now on. Well.. a new meat tent then. only logical option (for me that is)

The first water bottle that I found since the update I drank. The 1-500 chance of getting an infection in nonsense. I have never had an infection before, but the first bottle of water that I drank gave me an infection which eventually led me to running around in the wild looking for a boar with a flashing screen. That is quite the .002% ehh? I don't know if that number is right.

I think the 1 in 500 chance only applies to being hit by a zombie. I am fairly certain, though I don't know any numbers, that the chance is higher from the other sources (blood bags, raw meat, etc.)