mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

still no Ghillie for girls?

This is my number one disappointment ghillie/camo for girls still not there :( but the gathering and cooking ect works much better and faster great work guys .

wow i was trying to work out if this was for the standalone or normal dayz... pretty exciting its for the standalone man wow...

would love to play but im still sure the army of shit cunt hackers are still out there waiting...

My Alice pack said 16/16 when I logged in. I'm guessing I lost some stuff, I usually keep it full, and when I took something out it went to 15/16.

Why would the devs fuck over their playerbase like this? Yea losing a few odds and ends isn't going to cause me to die, but to suddenly switch the number two and 3 backpack size is just plain dumb.

What if WoW, or some other MMO suddenly switched their highest level gear with the gear from a dungeon in a previous expansion? That's basically what they did here.

Furthermore giving dedicated weapons slots was COMPLETELY unnecessary and now game breaking. Let me load a Czech pack with a M16, AS50, M249, and M136 with a few rounds each. Makes PERFECT sense.

I enjoyed the updates. Even the epeen was nicely integrated. Although I'd like to see a half hour delay on the player kill counts. I really like the new zombie communication. A couple of zeds turn into a hoard much faster now. But, it feels like they can see you through walls again. I'll be in a building looting and hear the pitter padder of feet coming towards me. I kept thinking someone was running into my building with zombies aggro'ed.

You should be able to drink using the can from water sources, maybe even have the cans spawn on the well. Have it so you can't transport water in it, but you can drink from it when you're at a lake or well. Dirty water, of course.

Edited by bad_mojo

Don't get why the humvee's inventory is smaller then any other vehicle?

2 weapons, 2 backpacks but only a total of 12 misc items? .... thats meh?

Why would the devs fuck over their playerbase like this? Yea losing a few odds and ends isn't going to cause me to die, but to suddenly switch the number two and 3 backpack size is just plain dumb.

What if WoW, or some other MMO suddenly switched their highest level gear with the gear from a dungeon in a previous expansion? That's basically what they did here.

Furthermore giving dedicated weapons slots was COMPLETELY unnecessary and now game breaking. Let me load a Czech pack with a M16, AS50, M249, and M136 with a few rounds each. Makes PERFECT sense.

They added a new backpack and changed around the numbers on the other ones logically. It was stupid to have the Alice pack holding more than the physically larger chezch pack. Another reason I like the change, the Alice pack is way too common to be such a high end bag. I bet its the most carried backpack in DayZ. I could walk out of cherno with an alice pack any day of the week.(if I get to walk out)

If someone is worried about losing their gear, just join an older version server and make sure you only have 16 slots filled. Then update.

The stuff about the weapons, I don't think it's how you say. I had a regular empty patrol pack and it ate my winchester when I tried to put it in. It says 2 weapon slots on the wiki, so I'm not really sure how the weapon slots factor in, but I can't see how a 24 slot chezch pack would hold 40 slots of weapons. I had the new 18 slot(3 weapon) British assault pack and when I had an AK in it, I only had about 8 slots left. I don't usually store weapons in my pack, but it seems like nothing had changed other than sizes & a new pack.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Backpack

About the "scroll lock" button - my keyboard doesn't have one... I googled it and apparently many newer keyboards simply dont have them - so can I rebind this key somewhere?

Edited by Hoik

Don't get why the humvee's inventory is smaller then any other vehicle?

2 weapons, 2 backpacks but only a total of 12 misc items? .... thats meh?

That's a hell of a nerf for a vehicle rated at being able to carry 4,500 lbs huh?

• Like 2

I just got off 8 hrs of this new FIX, my god. This patch is a BALL BUSTER !!! Chernarus Map, I have a tent in a safe place out of the cities but when I went to pick up a bud in Electro, he got killed by over 35 zeds who trapped him in the church and i barley got out of there alive(zombies feasting on friend). We went back to get gear off his body with a car and we could not even get out of the car. I feel sorry for noobs who have nothing, try to get things in there and live. Forget about hiding in a big bushy Evergreen tree, BAM, broken bone they can hit you now. Medical stuff will be the new gold standard. So many people crying for help and dying when i played. Tried to belly crawl to army tents in Stary Sabor to see if there is a safe way to get by these goons and one army guy saw me and beat the living shit out of me. How did he see me. . . They run and run and run, you gotta have a car to get away and good luck trying scavenge parts for it. It is trully hard now. Any more "real" and i will just hunker down in the woods and wait for the stand alone.

EDIT 2/6/2013 - Today while driving a UAZ south of the North East Airfield, I was passing a citizen zed on the side of the road and the zed argo's fists hitting the car on the passenger side and it breaks my leg and I am bleeding. Passenger is fine and all the glass on the car was good except for the glass on the passenger side.

Edited by RepoCult
  • Like 1

That's a hell of a nerf for a vehicle rated at being able to carry 4,500 lbs huh?

All the other cars have 200L fuel tank and humvee only has 120?

FIX IT! :)

All the other cars have 200L fuel tank and humvee only has 120?

FIX IT! :)

Strictly speaking it should be a 95 L tank.

I'm now seeing more script kiddies running around in normal cherno servers now... I don't know if any of you else are finding this but it getting really annoying

I just got off 8 hrs of this new FIX, my god. This patch is a BALL BUSTER !!! Chernarus Map, I have a tent in a safe place out of the cities but when I went to pick up a bud in Electro, he got killed by over 35 zeds who trapped him in the church and i barley got out of there alive(zombies feasting on friend). We went back to get gear off his body with a car and we could not even get out of the car. I feel sorry for noobs who have nothing, try to get things in there and live. Forget about hiding in a big bushy Evergreen tree, BAM, broken bone they can hit you now. Medical stuff will be the new gold standard. So many people crying for help and dying when i played. Tried to belly crawl to army tents in Stary Sabor to see if there is a safe way to get by these goons and one army guy saw me and beat the living shit out of me. How did he see me. . . They run and run and run, you gotta have a car to get away and good luck trying scavenge parts for it. It is trully hard now. Any more "real" and i will just hunker down in the woods and wait for the stand alone.

Oh, boy... if you want zombie horde off you, run through enterable building...(old trick, since april 2012).

I'm playing my current character about 3 months. The only weapon I have is hatchet.

Edited by Kurt_Cower

Yeah, thats about the only ones you are going to be walking out of in one piece, if it has a back door. But why dont you play the new patch first.

Edited by RepoCult

i became a statue while reading how this patch is f**king awesome! it's fantastic! these are valuable changes!!

I love this update so much. All these kiddies crying cause they get killed by zeds now, telling us to "fix the effin bugs/server".. lulz

If someone is worried about losing their gear, just join an older version server and make sure you only have 16 slots filled. Then update.

Enlighten me as to how that is a fix for the stated problem.

They added a new backpack and changed around the numbers on the other ones logically. It was stupid to have the Alice pack holding more than the physically larger chezch pack. Another reason I like the change, the Alice pack is way too common to be such a high end bag. I bet its the most carried backpack in DayZ. I could walk out of cherno with an alice pack any day of the week.(if I get to walk out)

Except the patch notes say nothing of adjusting the drop rate for bags. So instead of simply reducing the rate of ALICE spawns, they cut how much stuff it holds with no regards for the consequences of players with them, and took the just as common pack and made it hold more. Makes PERFECT sense.

The stuff about the weapons, I don't think it's how you say. I had a regular empty patrol pack and it ate my winchester when I tried to put it in. It says 2 weapon slots on the wiki, so I'm not really sure how the weapon slots factor in, but I can't see how a 24 slot chezch pack would hold 40 slots of weapons. I had the new 18 slot(3 weapon) British assault pack and when I had an AK in it, I only had about 8 slots left. I don't usually store weapons in my pack, but it seems like nothing had changed other than sizes & a new pack.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Backpack

Well according to the official github (https://github.com/R.../wiki/Backpacks), they have dedicated weapon slots. So either the entire thing doesn't work, or the community devs can't convey simple numbers.

I am going to stick to Lingor/Namalask while I wait for stand alone. They really fucked this one up bad.

Edited by night_chrono

Strictly speaking it should be a 95 L tank.

Right, but then the other cars should be 55-65 L?

No matter what the numbers are, the humvee should have more fuel capacity than a pickup.

Very nice update, i love even the small things like loot appears differently on the ground now, not just green bags, good work community dev team! :)

played a few hours with the new update and liking it very much! I love the new 3d lootmodels of different ammo and items.

Z's are a bit harder now and I think that's a good thing!

Haven't seen everything the new update brings but this is just what I (and I think a lot of you guys) needed to keep us busy till the SA :D

Thank you!!!