Sign in to follow this  
Devon206 (DayZ)

What Happened On Your FIRST DAY Of DayZ?

Hey Guys! I was wondering what happened on your first day of DayZ? This is my story, I spawned in went to Cherno and found some food and a map. Bafore I was going to head to Stary, I went to the firestation, I got to the top of it and saw a Cherno Sniper, I took a potshot and shot him right in the face. He had an AS50, M4 CCO and a coyote Backpack. A few hours later I got shot by one of his clan mates. Anyways how did your first day go? Thanks.

My first day was a long, long time ago, but I think it went something like this:

I died. A lot.

• Like 3

-Pirated Arma CO because I'm poor

-Couldn't play on any servers

-Found a server

-Actually logged on

-Shit my pants

-Survived for 3 hours

-Got trapped in a deer stand

-Fell

-Died

(3 months later)

-Bought Arma CO

-Kickin ass now

Remember kids pirating is a no no.

Early may. I spawned near Solnichy, and went straight to Tulga, spend all my ammo and lost 3000 blood to zombies. Running towards Mogilevka to meet my friends who had gotten the game a couple hours earlier than me. Meets players at a fire north of Pusta. Initially friendly, they suddenly shoot me. After respawning at cherno, getting a Enfield at Vysota (north of cherno, barns) and meeting my friends. Then doing deertstand runs untill we had to log off.

I started recently on Tavianna. Only been playing a few weeks now.

Spawned in, ran around like an idiot till a ural pulled up and a guy offered me a ride. He stopped a few times picking up fresh spawned folks. He drove us all to the market in sabina, and let us out. I ran inside and looted stuff. Found a bigger pack and some supplies. Then a sidechat message popped up. "all those people who just got dropped off in sabina. You are the hunted. We have snipers posted everywhere around sabina. Good luck!" I peaked out of the back and realized the ural was gone!!!

I ran out the back and down the side fence, out the gate and cut left, snaked my way around the west side of sabina. Seeing names pop up being killed here and there. Five of us were dropped off, and I'm certain all four of the others were killed.

I ran along the west edge of sabina and then cut into the city, knowing I needed a better gun. I searched all over and found an AK jn a building. Then when i exited the building, i saw a helicopter sitting in the square in the center of town. I thought maybe the killers had landed it there and were nearby! I didn't realize that one spawns there. I hid in a building and searched my options for game controls. I figured out the basics of chopper controls, and recalled a video I watched of someone explaining auto hover and chopper stuff on youtube.

I snuck out my palms sweating and snaked my way around concrete barriers for cover and ran to the chopper. I hopped in and it was all greenz. I mashed the Z key swearing as the chopper slowly spun up, urging it to hurry the hell up!

I rose to 400 meters and opened the map and marked a little island off to the west. I didn't even turn off auto hover and creeped away from sabina slowly towards the way point. Later i figured out i should turn it off after take off and then back on when i wanted to land.

All this time I thought i had stolen the chopper and someone would be coming after it!

I flew it around getting the basics. Landed near a castle once and on an island. And then flew towards a nuclear plant on the west island. I landed it inside one of the nuke silos thinking i was being clever. Not realizing you could see it through the struts at the bottom of the tower. I landed to hard and the engine went red. I didn't have a tool box. So i didn't know all the windows were red too and it was leaking fuel. I logged out for a break and logged back in later and explored the plant found a tool box and some parts. The chopper was in need of windows tho and had leaked out all the fuel.

I found a car and ran around eventually dying via zombies near a deer stand.

That was my first dayz day and for a newb it was heart pounding and scarey but awesome!

Spawned at Cherno as a Woman, found a ghillie suit at the residential next to church, pressed G, right clicked on ghillie *Wear Ghillie Suit*............

Nothing Happened. :(

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 1

Spawned somewhere random, learn't that zombies hurt and that barns won't help me to fight them off. Ran for a while in a forest bleeding being chased by zeds. Found my way to one of the cities and hid in a house. after hearing gunshots very close I kept passing out on the floor and got so scared I killed myself.

I remember my first spawn in.

I chose a server (mind you I had not seen a single DayZ video).

I don't recall the city (because I had no idea what the words meant when they "clicked in" and went away) but I remember it being nearly pitch black. While making my way towards a town it became PITCH black. All I could HEAR was zombies. I got into a corner near a window and just listened to the zombies gurgle, moan,and walk around the house. I was scared shitless.

I eventually logged out and then picked up the next day.

I spawned somewhere on Chernarus, no idea where as I missed the text. Felt very uncomfortable and tense, belly crawled everywhere... Popped into a house and found a revolver, ended up sat in there for ten minutes trying to figure out inventory. Then I got shot in the face, instantly died, made me jump out of my skin so I logged out haha.

I spawned (can't remember where though, apart from that there were train tracks). Ran around in the wilderness along the coast for a bit then met up with a friend. Ran into Electro then got sniped.

I covered a lot of distance proning.

Edited by G000gle

I'll do my first LIFE.

I spawned.

I listened to many, many explosions in the distance, then I died.

First time was about 9 months ago. Zombies where glitching through walls and all that. Was in "tryhard" mode so i crawled a lot and tried to get to even the smallest loot spots.

Then i died a lot and then i didn't play DayZ until December.

Now i just feel zombies are annoyances and i hunt players all day.

Well, I had spawned just east of Elektro. Found a Czech pack, a nice revolver, and an AKM in the firestation. After about twenty minutes of vicious looting and zombie killing, I ran into a guy with a winchester. I yelled into direct chat: "Hey man, friendly?,". He looked at me funny, then ran in the other direction. Better than killing me, I guess. Then whilst looting one of the office buildings, I found my first road flare(I was giddy indeed). After hours of brisk running to Zelenorsk to give my buddy a CZ550 he always wanted, and we set off to the NE airfield to get some leet gear. Well, me and him managed to scrape up an M9, and I found a AKS Kobra SD. Kinda lucky that the gun I already had shared ammo, cause there was no ammo for it.(If your wondering why I found a gun not included in the vanilla loot table, I was playing on a hive with custom loot). After that, we found a safe(er) place to log out.

"Is.. is it wor- FUCK YES ITS FINALLY WORKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!"

And then I went to bed.

• Like 3

"Is.. is it wor- FUCK YES ITS FINALLY WORKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!"

And then I went to bed.

Sounds like me, except I spent 3 Days trying to get it to work, I had to install tons of updates and crap...

I remember my first dayz experiences. It was in early may when makarovs where in the starting gear. Got killed many times by fellow freshspawns and killed many in return.

But the best thing that happened was on my second day I spawned in balota, found an enfield and shot a guy and his friend from 300 meters.... I was sad for a few days after that :/

Edited by Zarniwoop

I spawned at a place what I now know to be komarova. I had a quick look about and noticed a small village, i had never played arma ii so was a little unfamiliar with the controls but had watched lots of videos on you tube, therefore was familiar with the principles of game play. I started crawling to avoid the zombies and searched houses eventually finding one I could enter. But inside there was no loot. The background music was still on at this time and I also heard a lot of commotion outside, lots of zombies making gurgling noises, i started to panic and thought they were coming for me and I was trapped in this house, so I crouched in the furthest corner away from the main door and waited. In burst another player, he aimed his rifle at me and let rip. Great! player Home User was killed by Fuzzy. Never forget the name and I have hunted for him ever since.

• Like 1

I spawned at a place what I now know to be komarova. I had a quick look about and noticed a small village, i had never played arma ii so was a little unfamiliar with the controls but had watched lots of videos on you tube, therefore was familiar with the principles of game play. I started crawling to avoid the zombies and searched houses eventually finding one I could enter. But inside there was no loot. The background music was still on at this time and I also heard a lot of commotion outside, lots of zombies making gurgling noises, i started to panic and thought they were coming for me and I was trapped in this house, so I crouched in the furthest corner away from the main door and waited. In burst another player, he aimed his rifle at me and let rip. Great! player Home User was killed by Fuzzy. Never forget the name and I have hunted for him ever since.

Spawned in and it was night. Like, night night. Walked a few steps and heard a ton of zombie growls, logged out.

Spawned in, it was about 3 in the afternoon on the server. I was in Elektrozavordadbaldkavosk (What I called it then and to this day). Having seen a bunch of videos on the game I knew better than to sit around Elektro so I crawled around aimlessly until I heard shooting, got up to run, got ran over, and immediately said "Fuck this game." and went to play something else.

I was back on within an hour.

I spawned, noticed a zed 10 meters next to me, tried to find out the controls and then i clicked and hit my keyboard like mad to make my char hit the zomb with the flashlight. Aaaaand then i died.

Edited by Cpt. Viking