Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

A new DayZ

Dinosaurs  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have another mod similar to DayZ, with dinosaurs instead of zombies?

• Yes, that would be fun!
    • No
  2. 2. If you voted "No", why wouldn't you want it?

• I don't like dinosaurs
    • It would not fit or make sense
    • Surviving would be too hard
    • Another reason (Leave a comment)
    • I voted yes.

Hi, I just got done watching Jurassic Park and I thought, "Wow surviving VS dinosaurs would be damn fun, and I mean maybe it could happen sometime?"

We would have all kinds of dinosaurs, the lethal and aggressive predators such as Tyrannosaurus and raptors, less aggressive but just as lethal herbivores, and pterosaurs (the flying ones)

Wouldn't that be great?

The dinosaurs would be based of their real eye sight, sense of smell etc. If they ever existed. The bigger dinosaurs would be in the center of the map/island and the smaller ones around the coast. The map would be full of old abandoned buildings and cities, and look a little bit like Chernarus.

Thoughts around this?

Edited by ManInTheWall
  • Like 3

Would be insane as a mod to far cry 3 (if they allowed modding), but I would love to see an open world dinosaur mod/game.

• Like 2

Hello there

I wouldn't *mind* Dinos but it's very unoriginal idea. I'd prefer something a little more original.

L

• Like 2

Yes please. Dinosaurs don't get enough love in the video game world.

• Like 1

Hello there

I wouldn't *mind* Dinos but it's very unoriginal idea. I'd prefer something a little more original.

L

Like zombies are original.. People don't seem to mind that, though.

• Like 3

Did somebody not make a mod for the 1st arma about dinosaurs? I seem to remember somebody developing a mod about dino's sure it was arma!

I don't know about dinos, but would be cool if they added wolves and bears to dayz. Some aggressive animals out in the woods to give the hackers something to compete against when killing unarmed/under-armed bambi.

Hello there

L

So...?

* Rabbits?

* Rabid dogs?

* Robots?

* Spiders?

* Goblins?

* Russians?

* Trolls? (Trolololol ♪♫)

* New born babies with fangs?

I am sure most of those are unoriginal too... And make as little sense!

• Like 1

I do think it will be a great idea, but not DayZ related, there is nothing DayZ related. DayZ related is a Survival game with a dash of (At the moment) ineffective infected AI, not Dinosaurs. all i can see is an Arcade experience.

this is simply another mod for Arma 2 with elements of DayZ and Dinosaurs. In itself it's acts as an alternative game to what already exsists. I have to question the mechanics though. Dinosaurs are huge bohemoth creatures, Crossing military aspects with Dino's I find confusing. Your standard gear will haev to be m107's just to take any sufficient damage to them.

With the scale of dinosaurs and the fact you can only use Carnivores as a reliable enemy (Herd instinct as a defensive element also) wheres the challenge? Your player is going to do is run around and kill. there will be limited survival aspects.

All i see is Primal Carnage which does the whole human Vs dinosaurs a lot better than DayD ever could.

IMO of course.

Imagine it. Sitting on a rooftop in Berezino, scoping the area out with a pair of binoculars. It looks clear. You could have a good run down to the next town. You climb down the ladder, heading for that unpronounceable place: Nizhnoye. It's not far. You can see right across the clear field.

And as you're running across the field in full view of the forestline, your last fear are sniper bandits.

And then you hear it.

That deep, bass, reverberating, booming THUD.

A pause, and then another.

THUD

You're halfway between Berezino and Nizhnoye. Way, way too far away from anywhere to safely get anywhere. And all you got is a measly 9mm wrested from the disembodied hand of some poor fool who went before you.

And now you have a T-rex chasing you. Yay.

You can't stop and fight it. Oh no. Your friend tried that one time. AS50 right into the dino's giant, slaughterhouse-on-a-neck that it has in place of a head, and all he got out of it was losing all his awesome gear.

And so you run. Futiley. You hear it stomping after you. THUD THUD THUD. It's gaining.

It gets close enough to lunge at you, and you zig instead of zag. It catches you with that giant head.

CRUNCH.

Broken leg. Half your blood gone. Bleeding. Unconcious.

But the big, lumbering idiot continues on under its own inertia, plowing right into a building and having to ponderously turn around to find you again. Miraculously, it loses sight of you as it goes around the building. You could survive this yet!

You sit up, start to bandage. There's a barn ahead you could take cover in, wait for the big motherf- to go away. You stop the bleeding, and screen fading on grey, begin to ponderously crawl towards the barn.

But then you see it, blurred and indistinct as it is through your blood-loss-goggles. A raptor. Watching you from the doorway of the barn.

You stop, crouch, ready your pistol to shoot it in the face. Your aim is shaking from pain, and you aint got no painkillers.

And then the attack comes. Not from the front.

But from the side.

The raptor's buddy bowls into you, pushes you over and begins to eat your vital organs while you're still unconscious, bleeding on the ground.

A death screen soon appears, followed by soon by your proclamation:

Fuck this. I'm sticking with zombies.

• Like 3

No.. Either I have no sense of humor or you are really suggesting this.

On that premise. Is anything 'original'?

I voted yes! Because why the hell not! I already have a title for it.......DDay ---> DinosaursDay?

sure giver..

any kind of survival open world game sounds interesting enuf for me to try.

i do think dealing with such large animals presents a serious problem thou. scale/damage/trying to kill em even... the list is lengthy.

I'm not a fan of zombies either, believe it or not!

So...?

* Rabbits?

* Rabid dogs?

* Robots?

* Spiders?

* Goblins?

* Russians?

* Trolls? (Trolololol ♪♫)

* New born babies with fangs?

I am sure most of those are unoriginal too... And make as little sense!

Hedgehogs FTW

Like Spiny Norman.

Edited by orlok
Dinsdale