radivmoe

Ammunition types

THE AMMO POLL!  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of ammunition is the most important to DayZ?

• Incendiary
    • HE
    • Subsonic (SD-ammo)
    • Expanding (hollow point/soft point)
    • WTF dude? why are you even suggesting this crap?
    • Armour piercing

I sure hope so...

that is not very nice. D:

Edit: Go back to your room, you're grounded!

Edited by radivmoe

First off i want to mention that i do know that subsonic ammunition is already in the game, the poll asks what is most important, not what should be implemented.

poll asks what is most important, not what should be implemented.

If so, why are there alot of options that aren't IN THE GAME?

I already posted my opinion but I really don't want to see gimmicks like exploding ammunition in the mod or the standalone. Next we'd have survivors firing wasps out of crossbows like in Oddworld...

I1zUrMp.jpg

Edited by Gews

As far as I'm concerned, the HE/incendiary ammo is a no-go. A lot of servicemen I know have gone through their entire career without even handling these types of ammo...especially HE. Now, given the fact that this is Day Z, where would you get even single bullet of those varieties?

And, as a sidenote, incendiary ammo doesn't set people on fire when it hits them. Unless you're in Hollywood, of course.

I'd like to see more of the civvie ammo types in the game, as others have mentioned...hollowpoints of course, as well as maybe two or three additional shotgun shells. I'm under the impression that right now the only types are slug and pellet (which seems closer to birdshot than buckshot, if you ask me).

Plus, the corrosive ammo is a good point. People don't realize how much of a difference it makes, but there are some ammo types that are so dirt cheap and terrible that some neighborhood shooting ranges ban them entirely (certain Russian companies, and Federal Ammunition). It's sold by the assload, but it sucks. Once, I even saw a lot of surplus Persian Army (no, not Iranian Army. We're talking pre-1979) Mauser ammunition, which I subsequently found out tends to missfire at a rate of 60% or higher. So...yeah.

Handloading is possible, but it takes a bit more than a bullet and a casing to make a round. Obviously there's the powder, and there's also a good deal of tools and know-how involved. I'm not saying it isn't something the average Joe couldn't learn to do with the time, money, and equipment, but it's another thing entirely to learn the craft in the middle of the woods in the middle of Armageddon. It's not like it's 1757 where we can sit at a campfire with a cup 'o lead and a bullet mold and hammer out enough cartridges for the next big shootout tomorrow. It would have to involve a quasi-factory, and a good supply chain. Big possibility for the post-scavenging, pre-civilization phase of the game that I pray will be possible eventually. But for the one to three man group with a toolbox and a campsite, it's not very feasible.

Edited by FlashHawk4
  • Like 1

poll asks what is most important, not what should be implemented.

If so, why are there alot of options that aren't IN THE GAME?

how many specialized ammo types are in the game?

Edit: misread. what is more important, the thing that is in the game, or the things i suggested?

Edited by radivmoe

And, as a sidenote, incendiary ammo doesn't set people on fire when it hits them. Unless you're in Hollywood, of course.

i know. i was thinking of small burns. fire is warm right? incendiary ammo is made for making fire right?

correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by radivmoe

I was imagining of the situation; finding incendiary rounds for an M16 ACOG, you noticed a random survivor around 300m away, hit him with one shot, and he just bursts into flames, spamming "WTF" in side chat.

i know. i was thinking of small burns. fire is warm right? incendiary ammo is made for making fire right?

correct me if i'm wrong.

So do tracers...the primary purpose of incendary rounds was to burn the hell of of airships a century ago...then came the civilians who wanted to have something to shoot something until it burns...

I was imagining of the situation; finding incendiary rounds for an M16 ACOG, you noticed a random survivor around 300m away, hit him with one shot, and he just bursts into flames, spamming "WTF" in side chat.

I hate to shatter your dreams but i doubt there is any incendiary ammunition issued by any major government on the world at least nowadays...

So do tracers...the primary purpose of incendary rounds was to burn the hell of of airships a century ago...then came the civilians who wanted to have something to shoot something until it burns...

incendiary rounds are used for vehicles still

Modern

Incendiary projectiles, in particular those intended for armor penetration, are more effective if they explode after penetrating a surface layer, such that they explode inside the target. Additionally, targets with onboard electronics or computers can be damaged by metal fragments when they explode on the surface. Ignition is often delayed by varying means until after impact.[1]

Some explosive projectiles, such as high-explosive incendiary rounds, contain an incendiary charge intended to ignite explosives within the shell.[1]

i know this is wikipedia, but there are references, and i have still got no complaint about my sources. so.... yeah.

That's not the same kind of incendiary..that round ignites after impact, the other one has the whole bullet burning and losing weight because of that. Kind of a solid slug compared to a star wars laser bolt kind of difference.

Edited by Enforcer

That's not the same kind of incendiary..that round ignites after impact, the other one has the whole bullet burning and losing weight because of that. Kind of a solid slug compared to a star wars laser bolt kind of difference.

i submit to your superior knowledge!

hello grim reaper, how are you doing this fine day?