Sign in to follow this  

Why are people so bothered about dogs? I think its the most gimmicky addition to the game yet and really don't understand the big deal about them! I don't know what Rocket was smoking when he dreamt this idea up, I can only presume he had recently been watching I am Legend or something...

• Like 3

Why are people so bothered about dogs? I think its the most gimmicky addition to the game yet and really don't understand the big deal about them! I don't know what Rocket was smoking when he dreamt this idea up, I can only presume he had recently been watching I am Legend or something...

Would you rather cats in DayZ?

• Like 2

It may be Gimmicky, but if done right it will be a very nice addition to the game.

Its not as if they are going to be overpowered, Rocket is exploring features that he could implement into the game. You seem upset that the game is being improved and worked on. I mean its not as if Dogs are the only thing to be added to the game.

From the information Rocket has released, he would likes dogs to be in DayZ, and since i highly doubt its going to get added in a community update on the mod, there is a fairly high chance of it beeing in the SA.

I'm not upset or angry by dogs no, I just think it's a strange thing to incorporate into the game and seems a bit pointless. I've read countless more worthwhile features that could or should be in the game ahead of dogs, which will probably, after the first 5 minutes when the novelty has worn thin, become stale and forgotten about.

Even if they are added into the game, i don't think i'll get one. O the sadness in having to strangle poor Fido to death after he becomes infected, or some bastard camping bandit sniping my dog. I feel it will be a whole new type of griefing.

• Like 2

We need dogs in mod ... jus sayin ... guillied up dog ... standing guard while looting ... the possibilities are endless... able to attack and break legs ... gimme some ...

I can't wait for dogs, they will keep me company because im usually solo, thats why I want dogs, also because dogs are a mans best friend!

Yea, like there is no game out there with pets in it...I woulld hardly call the dog addition to dayz a gimmick.

And there isnt a big deal about dogs, its just a nice addition....ur teenage head probaly blows everything out of proportion.

Some players like dogs, some want a pets...some like kinky roleplay with animals in games cos its wrong to do it in the real world...its that simple

Edited by svisketyggeren

Yea, like there is no game out there with pets in it...I woulld hardly call the dog addition to dayz a gimmick.

And there isnt a big deal about dogs, its just a nice addition....ur teenage head probaly blows everything out of proportion.

Some players like dogs, some want a pets...some like kinky roleplay with animals in games cos its wrong to do it in the real world...its that simple

Easy killer. He was simply voicing his opinion on the matter.

You dont know how they will work in game. To call it a 'nice addition' is a bit premature IMO.

While its simple to understand why people would want dogs is just as easy to understand why people dont want them.

• Like 1

If dogs are found to be Gimmicky they will not be added, (I think I'm pretty safe with that statement).

@ iMonsterSwift Read the Stickies use the Search Function.

Q: Are dogs still planned?

A: We hope it's in there for release.I doubt it will be in there for the technical test. The tech test is going to be very basic with only a few weapons as we wanted to redo basically everything so it will start off very simply and build up but I imagine that dogs will be in for the first paid build, they won't be a milestone for it so if they are in there for release that's great but if not they will come in a near update. We won't hold the release for dogs.

It will be real fun to snipe dogs :) The dog owners will be crying all day ^^ (uhhh - I am a bad guy)

It will be real fun to snipe dogs :) The dog owners will be crying all day ^^ (uhhh - I am a bad guy)

^^^^ Will murder innocent people one day ...

• Like 1

Easy killer. He was simply voicing his opinion on the matter.

We are all voicing our opinions, making a point out of that is just redundant and unecessary

You dont know how they will work in game. To call it a 'nice addition' is a bit premature IMO.
Yes that is true, I dont know how dogs will work...I should have said "based on the current information I have I think dogs will be a nice addition to the game"...but then again most ppl understand that this is really what I mean
While its simple to understand why people would want dogs is just as easy to understand why people dont want them.

as I said, its a simple matter...which was my message to the other poster that clearly voiced great frustration over not understanding the dog addition to dayz

Edited by svisketyggeren

I don't understand why anyone could be upset. If done right, it could add a whole new dimension to the game.

I could be a solo wanderer with a pooch, yes, but its the large bandit groups that own a few that will really strike fear into our hearts.

Imagine hearing the aggressive barks of a pack of dogs set upon you by bandits. You run, but you can't hide.

Edited by Very Ape

I'm not a fan of dogs at all (In game ones, I love the little flea infested buggers IRL)

I think after all this time of waiting for them, they for me, have become a redundant feature. Look at all the new stuff and game mechanics planned, It just means more work on the dogs to react and intergrate with.

Best leave them for a while and see where they will fit in later on.

there will be tears, and it is another mouth to feed, and lets face it if you can feed it regularly you don't need one. it will become another issue to be bored of.

Imagine hearing the aggressive barks of a pack of dogs set upon you by bandits. You run, but you can't hide.

Imagine the bullet which goes through their heads, and the tears of the bandits when they find "pooch" dripping in a pool of blood.

It add's dimension to a dog's dinner.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

Not this again... :facepalm:

• Like 2

We are all voicing our opinions, making a point out of that is just redundant and unecessary

Yes that is true, I dont know how dogs will work...I should have said "based on the current information I have I think dogs will be a nice addition to the game"...but then again most ppl understand that this is really what I mean

as I said, its a simple matter...which was my message to the other poster that clearly voiced great frustration over not understanding the dog addition to dayz

What current information do you have? My point was Box voiced his opinion and you made a personal attack on him for it. If it was a simple matter my assumption is it would be in the mod already and as its been stated it likely wont be in the technical test. My guess is because the mechanics of implementing a pooch isnt as simple as you like to think it is.

I still dont understand how having a dog will add to this game. If anything it removes from the game. Maybe with more information I can understand better but with what we currently have, no thanks.

• Like 2

One of the most frustrating things in OFP/Arma is controling the AI. In the 10 years I've been playing this franchise I never enjoyed commanding AI teammates. The AI can be amazing as oponents but require the much micromangement as subortinates for me to enjoy. Maybe dogs in the SA will be simpler and easier to control. We'll see I guess.

THIS GAMEPLAY IS FROM 2012, SO IT IS BASICALLY THE MOD + DOGS. THIS IS NOT THE CURRENT VERSION.

Sorry for the huge disclaimer, but it had to be done. People would soon think this is the real Standalone. It's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYfyVjKuU18

I think the dogs will have the ability to hear, see and smell players/zeds from longer distances.

And it's obvious that they have been improved since this.

Edited by Sutinen