Sign in to follow this  
Griffon

Fell face down on the steering wheel

And here is a small little idea. If you shoot the driver, the car will honk and call all around. The body must be taken out.

• Like 12

I had a feeling that video would get some attention here, deservedly. I agree with your post, too. It would be an awesome idea.

• Like 1

An excellent suggestion. It does more than just add realism and induce panic. You're driving through cherno with your buddy, a well placed DMR round kills the driver instantly, he slumps onto the steering wheel and activates the horn, every zombie in the city is drawn to the vehicle and escape is impossible without jumping out and ditching the body. It makes escape tougher for the people in the vehicle but harder as well for the attackers to loot.

I can imagine the scenario.

Close to a townstead at night, you notice a vehicle passing by a road parallel to you. With a hard stance, you open fire on the driver's seat. The driver of the vehicle is impacted with dozens of bullets, falling face first on the steering wheel. Little did you know, his face impacting on the steering wheel causes the horn to become a loud noise to the surrounding undead. A half a minute later, the entire area is surrounded by zeds, and you die to the flesh-eating vermin as well all because you were scared of a guy with a car.

Gotta thank CorridorDigital for the idea.

I wish DayZ would play like this more. Definitely make the gameplay more intensive and intriguing ;)

The idea is pretty good, how about a car alarm system as well?

How about a % chance it will happen.

In the Russian section of the proposed 50%. I think it will do. Not necessarily, that the body will fall on the wheel at all times.

The idea is pretty good, how about a car alarm system as well?

L4D, yea?)) I like it. But I think it has already been proposed.

It would be better if it wasn't a guaranteed thing, but I really like the idea.

It would definitely create a panic/decision making process before people unload lead.

Seatbelts?

Aren't they preventing te driver from falling forwards?

Good idea. But the man above is right - any kind of seatbelt, if not torn apart with bullets, will hold the body.

Also maybe a 40% chance that the dead driver will keep pushing the gas pedal, or uncontrollably turn the steering wheel maybe?

uncontrollably turn the steering wheel maybe?

no))

will keep pushing the gas pedal

But this maybe. i think.

Edited by Griffon