Sign in to follow this  
Imafighter

Crossbow kills?

Just killed somebody who was shooting at me on Origins with an M4. Took him out with a crossbow. Any of you got some interesting kills with crossbows?

• Like 3

The other day I came across a hacker that had unlimited ammo crossbow, and sprayed me with it, without recoil or reloading.

I've held 4 kills on one life with a crossbow all bandit kills they were lucky ones as the group of bandits were placing wire everywhere around polana factory, I entered with out being seen due to the artifacts and started plucking with my right click zoomed so I could see through the artifacts a little. A straggler pumped me full of lead after I ran out of bolts and tried to pick a winchester off one of the bodies.

I shot a guy with the crossbow twice, he passed out and died from blood loss. I got my first AKM off him. I still have his AK in my pack.

Edited by Cap'n
  • Like 1

I shot a guy with the crossbow twice, he passed out and died from blood loss. I got my first AKM off him. I still have his AK in my pack.

Did you throw flares on him after he was dead to signify your victory :D?

• Like 4

Was an ancient tale, but one worth mentioning.

I was scavenging within the bowels of Cherno when the slight tapping of footsteps were heard on the outside of the streets at a nearby door. I had only a crossbow at the time, and I was unaware of it's effects. I figured it was gonna be another zombie, so I aimed my Crossbow at the door, and as soon as I saw the glimpse of something...

"SWOOSH"

A death message was shown below and I looked to find a bandit on the ground, holding a revolver. The blood was spurting out from the wound located in his head, right between the eyes was the bolt that I had shot.

This marked my first bandit kill of the season...

Edited by The Smorski
  • Like 2

Probably killed 1-3 people, nothing to special. But I hope in the SA you can hold more arrows and they'll spawn more commonly or like you can find 0-10 in a quiver at once. I'd love to use it more often.

A couple of days ago after i spawned i found a Crossbow in elektro, afterwards i rushed to the school too look for a bigger backpack and some other basic stuff. When i reached the school i heard another playing running around inside the building so i decided too hide in a classroom. A little while later the player enters the classroom where i am hiding i see he has an AK, so i get kinda nervous, he tells me he is friendly but judging from his bandit skin i wasnt about too trust him, so i shot the him in the head with the 1 bolt i had, afterwards i equipped my hatchet and finished him off. Then i took his backpack and AK and ran off with a big smile on my face :P

Bandit shot someone in elektro, as soon as he crossed the corner across from the hospital. He was greeted with an arrow to the face.

The other day I came across a hacker that had unlimited ammo crossbow, and sprayed me with it, without recoil or reloading.

I have had that, He kept teleporting to all the players on the map (Fallujah) and killing us with a automatic crossbow. Bastard.

I've only had one kill with the crossbow. I had fairly recently spawned. All I had in terms of weapons were a crossbow and an M1911, but I didn't have any ammo for the sidearm. I had two bolts for my crossbow.

I went to meet up with a friend of mine in the treeline outside of Cherno, but when I got there, I found that he'd been killed by a bandit. Said bandit was crouched over him, looting my friend's corpse. Having the jump on him, I got in as close as I could and fired a bolt right into his head. It was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Did you throw flares on him after he was dead to signify your victory :D?

No, but I've done it in the past. One time, I found a clan camping out a little east of Black lake, and I was shifting through their inventory when I found some satchel charges. I placed one on their Offroad(they had both offroads in the server. Greedy bastards indeed.), and waited for the right moment. Thus, I gained my first bandit mask.

Crossbow kills can be very rewarding. I took a long distance (50m) shot at a guy on my first time on Taviana.

I turned just in time to see a guy with an M4A1 come around a wall and squat in a bush, then aim at me.

Took a "what the hell" shot and instantly killed him.

My celebration was short-lived. He had 3 squad mates coming up behind him.

Still, they were pissed at the kill. And that made all the difference.

Edited by taco241

I've only killed one survivor with it, I shot him in the head. He ran towards me and seemed pretty dangerous. That was probably the most satisfying kill I've gotten.

Then, I got somewhere around 500 zombie kills with.

Edited by Sutinen

Never really been a fan of the crossbow in its current state (hard to carry lots of ammo, pretty weak irons and the one shot re-chamber). It is however one of my favourite things to find when I just spawned, Hitting zombies isn't a problem if crosshairs are enabled on the server.

No player kills but i'v killed 20 zombies so far while only have 1 bolt lol...PEW sneak to body take bolt...PEW...repeats xD

It's to fun...i have 6 mags for my m1911 yet still only use my x-bow with 1 bolt...been lucky on the server i joined i haven't died yet!

(been playing only 2 hours...and i'm new to the game so its impressive to me xD) also whats funny is its a Vet server with Cross-hairs off...its not that hard to aim up close at least...just aim at the nuts! rofl.

The crossbow is terrible. I have killed two people with it and one was AFK. If they made it so you could have a quiver and that you could aim it properly then it might be an OK weapon.

I've never really had time for the crossbow in it's current state, though it is a weapon i have always wanted to be improved and use.

In Standalone with quivers and proper sights the crossbow could be my favourite weapon.

You can actually use the "sight" properly, the tip of the arrow you slightly see is 150 meters. I've shot a couple of zombies using that.

But I agree that it needs some proper sights. The new recurve crossbow has a scope on it.

Edited by Sutinen