spaggiari

DayZ: Origins (RELEASED)

originsbanner.jpg

"An inefficient virus kills its host. An efficient virus stays with it."

James Lovelock

So does the mysterious virus in the fictional world of Taviana, radically changing it into a post-apocalyptic wasteland with just glimpses of what once was a functional modern society.

In the stories of DayZ Origins not all things have changed.

The rich stayed rich hiding behind their tall walls on the aptly called „Salvation Island“ having more then they need is still not enough. So they send their infamous „Elite Guards“ mostly consisting of mercenaries nd ex military to „save“ the remains of the former society ... but not for the survivors on the mainland of Taviana.

With resources being rare and higher quality ones even more it is not surprising that there are many bandits on Taviana mainland who often don't constrain to open fire on each other

The best survivor stories that are normally been told around campfires somewhere in the well hidden forests of wilderness were not told thanks to the fear of people shooting on sight.

Until now everybody lacked one thing ...... a purpose.

Will the survivors and bandits continue to fight over canned food and bits of scrap metal, run and hide in the forest from the malicious Elite Guards or will they organize to overthrow the rulers of mysterious Salvation Island, it is up to them.

From now on, you need to think twice before shooting the next survivor you see.

Pre-release teasers

Will you, and your teammates be able to discover the Origins of the outbreak, or simply become another walking corpse ?

Each and every bugs reported from Taviana 2.0 have been fixed.

New and Enhanced Day/Night cycle :

( Smooth transition every 4 hours cycle ) for more dynamic and immersive gameplay.

dayzorigins06.jpg

Patient Zero:

A unique mutated Super zombie capturing / killing this zombie might have the cure for the zombie infection.

18246188.jpg

Survivor made vehicles:

dayzorigins02.jpg

dayzorigins05.jpg

dayzorigins03.jpg

dayzorigins04.jpg

New Twist:

Yotopia ( Salvation City ) the last human standing city where the society elites and the rich still live away from the infection. protected by high walls and the world top trained elite mercenaries.

Persistent player levelling:

Based on the newly introduced Humanity system. Players start with level 1 survivor with persistent levelling up , Players lose 1 level each time they die.

Every level enjoys new survivor/bandit outfit:

24 new outfits in total

GamePlay Changes

Resources on the main land are getting more scarce while " Salvation City " is rich with weapons and supplies but you cannot just walk there alone unless you have a deathwish. You should team up and down the guards.

pic1kf.png

Pre- Alpha footage for DayZ Origins Salvation City

pic2hn.png

pic3c.png

How to play ?

The mod has been soft Released , the mod download will be available via DayZCommander in the next few hours.

We are also working on Server files version of the game to be released shortly.

How to Manual Manual Install DayZOrigins

There are two ways to install this mod.

For steam users :

1. Make sure you have updated Arma2 / Arma2 OA

2. Download the mod from one of the following Mirrors :

MIRROR 1

3. Extract the Zip file to a temp folder then copy @DayZOrigins Folder to the root of Arma2OA folder

4.Download the latest Arma2OA Beta Update from here

5.Extract the file to any temporary directory then Run the update.

Note : some time the update gives you error Wrong Key or some thing .. just ignore it and continue with the latest patch installation .. click ok then ok

6. Download the Mod start shourtcut from here

7. Extract the Zip file to a temp folder then copy RUN DAYZ ORIGINS.CMD FILE to the root of Arma2OA folder ( same like step number (3)

8. Double click on RUN DAYZ ORIGINS to Run the MOD

9. Join DayzOrigins Servers ( Search for : dayzorigins.com servers ) or Add DayzOrigins to your game server Filter.

Follow us through Facebook

Follow us through Twitter

Watch us through Youtube

Edited by Spaggiari
  • Like 10

Beast

By the way, are you Spaggiari from LS-RP? (You should know what I mean if you're that guy)

Edited by Barrett_killz

Yes, it was moved to the correct section.

• Like 1

Oh yeah sure, right.

Edited by Spaggiari

Sorry for inconvenience, our thread is now back on with more details.

Just joined this forums to check out if there are new Taviana releases and stuff.

I have been playing DayZ since the release and this might be the most interesting thing i have seen. The thing is new NPCs will completely change the gameplay, hopefully in a good way and this is what this mod needs... a bit of fresh change :)

Even if the EliteGuardians (<-- lol) dont live up to the expectations its Taviana map wich is AWESOME!!!

Heh the "scrap" vehiecles look a bit hilarious but it is a brave move and im sure they will be fun to drive....

All in all if this mod gets played enough and the developers get the a good kick this future updates might be even better, cant wait.

• Like 1

All in all it looks great and refresing and cant wait to play it.With only the crapy vehicles i think im gona have a lot of good laughs and god knows what more hot details are in store for us.All in all great news and its gona be a blast!! :D

Wow.... i must say this looks indeed refreshing...... with all the new mods coming out this actually really got my attention......

And there you have me, i only joined today cus people told me i could find a lot of good information on here....haha and wow now there is this.... i really hope the mod will be out there soonish.....

Im really curious now :D

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of DayZ, I don't play it all the time. But this looks amazing, nice work to the Developers. I will play this for sure, everyone should try it it looks amazing.

Looking forward to it

Thanks for your feedbacks, and don't worry, we'll keep your up to date!

I've been hearing positive comments about Origins from the DayZHorror community. Everyone is getting excited and anxious.

Origins is like the candy being held in front of the kid who is now fixated and won't break eye contact.

I'm looking forward to the very near future and ready to dive in.

See you soon.

• Like 1

hahaha Mark.... i bet your not the only kid that is aiming for the candy...get in line :P

You will get it as soon as possible, dont worry, and thanks for feedbacks!

• Like 1

Here you go guys .. some leaked screenshot form the closed Alpha Test for DayZ Origins

We have managed to kill the Guards at the gates of Salvation city main gates.. as soon we entered the city we where greeted by an ambush and got killed :P

Dayz_Origins_guards_killed.jpg

Dayz_Origins_guards_killed.jpg

Edited by kinghunt

[25-01, 23:50] kinghunt: We are final polishing DayZ Origins, facing some delays .. but we manage to release the game with the next 1 to 4 hours

I hope this is the good one, it's on the finals steps.

Thanks for feedbacks and supporting.

Edited by Spaggiari

The mod has been soft Released , the mod download will be available via DayZCommander in the next few hours.

We are also working on Server files version of the game to be released shortly.

How to Manual Manual Install DayZOrigins

There are two ways to install this mod.

For steam users :

1. Make sure you have updated Arma2 / Arma2 OA

2. Download the mod from one of the following Mirrors :

MIRROR 1

3. Extract the Zip file to a temp folder then copy @DayZOrigins Folder to the root of Arma2OA folder

4.Download the latest Arma2OA Beta Update from here

5.Extract the file to any temporary directory then Run the update.

Note : some time the update gives you error Wrong Key or some thing .. just ignore it and continue with the latest patch installation .. click ok then ok

6. Download the Mod start shourtcut from here

7. Extract the Zip file to a temp folder then copy RUN DAYZ ORIGINS.CMD FILE to the root of Arma2OA folder ( same like step number (3)

8. Double click on RUN DAYZ ORIGINS to Run the MOD

9. Join DayzOrigins Servers ( Search for : dayzorigins.com servers ) or Add DayzOrigins to your game server Filter.

• Like 1

awesome i will get on a give it a whirl asap.

are you by any chance releasing the server files to Bliss?

i currently run a Bliss package and would love to be able to get this on my server :)