Sign in to follow this  
Reverence

Worlds longest gaming session - DayZ

Am I the only person that notices that time flies by while playing DayZ? I mean the record is like what 5 days + 10 minute breaks every hour or than can add up. The record could be easily broken while playing DayZ. Anyone agree or have their own opinion?

Am I the only person that notices that time flies by while playing DayZ? I mean the record is like what 5 days + 10 minute breaks every hour or than can add up. The record could be easily broken while playing DayZ. Anyone agree or have their own opinion?

Fuck that. DayZ for 5 DayZ? I would eventually smash my KB or punch my monitor. I couldnt even watch my favorite movie for that long, let alone play DayZ. The thought of that is so absurd lol.

Nothing against DayZ of course...

Edited by Sheepdawg
  • Like 3

That's because almost everything you do in DayZ reflects how long it would more or less take in reality. You jump into a game with a load of objectives in mind, and since it wouldn't take longer than you actually doing it, it doesn't feel like a drag.

• Like 1

best walk/jog simulator i've played

small story on current "record" holder. 10 minute break earned per hour? so for every 24 hours you can earn 4 hours of sleep. don't know about you guys but I used to get 4-5 hours a sleep a day and cycle to work 16 miles round trip. Definitely think someone could squash this.

http://games.yahoo.c...-201104147.html

Edited by Charb

You would go insane. Really. DayZ is no ordinary game. With all the bullshit and stress, you'd do yourself in. I guarantee you someone can't even go a full 24 hours playing DayZ.

best walk/jog simulator i've played

WWII Online is even better. 1/2 scale map of Europe. Run from Kiel to the Alps if you like! They have an auto-run button; I think it was "G".

• Like 1

Best i have done in dayz was a 14 hour straight session a few months back..yeh i know. Started at 10 am on a Saturday and finished just after 2am Sunday. Biggest break i had was getting my roast in the oven and checking it at intervals. Didn't even end up eating it until lunch on sunday :)

• Like 1

Not saying I would do it but I'm sure some people at least out of school could

What record? A record for playing DayZ or gaming in general? Because I have spent a week playing Minecraft with very little sleep the first week I bought it. No joke.lol

If I knew my wife wouldn't yell at me I reckon i could go 12-15hrs...won't know until she divorces my lazy ass I guess...

When I used to watch 'qnomnikai' he did 24 hour streams sometimes, where he'd just play dayz for 24 hours with a small break every few hours.

WWII Online is even better. 1/2 scale map of Europe. Run from Kiel to the Alps if you like! They have an auto-run button; I think it was "G".

Wait, there is a game out there with a huge map? thinking thinking........can you Mod it? Edit: never mind, just looked, minecraft graphics have more curves.

Best i have done in dayz was a 14 hour straight session a few months back..yeh i know. Started at 10 am on a Saturday and finished just after 2am Sunday. Biggest break i had was getting my roast in the oven and checking it at intervals. Didn't even end up eating it until lunch on sunday :)

Did you pluck it?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

How long are your sessions on dayz usually? I don't have it yet and already clocked in 8 hours straight according to skype. My ally must have done about 12 as he was playing for five hours before I connected.

Wait, there is a game out there with a huge map? thinking thinking........can you Mod it? Edit: never mind, just looked, minecraft graphics have more curves.

Did you pluck it?

I don't know if you to pluck lamb ...? Are they a feathery beast ??? ...speaking of chooks..one flying sim i used to play..we had just started an online battle of britain mission , halfway across the channel in our spits heading to engage another squad in their 109's defending a fleet of Heinkel bombers. My missus (an ex ex ;) ) left me in charge of the roast while she went out, i tried to tell her i was attempting to defend the liberty of the downtrodden british people against the hordes of the incoming huns but was just shot a glaring look as she strolled out the door. So every 10 or so minutes i would bolt up and have a peek in the oven then get back in the cockpit. I remember she said something about blasting it with the spray oil when it was nearly ready and to boost the heat, so i covered that fucker pretty thickly when it was nearly done, even pulled the wings away from the body and gave it a good blast, put a bit inside for good luck, cranked the oven a bit and continued on to try and save London from being plastered.

Just after i sat down i thought..shit, that smells a bit weird..better check it..as i passed the can of spray and cook i had just used i noticed it read flying insect killer ...fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

The spray and cook and the bug spray were both that black and white brand, it was the only excuse i could offer her when she came home. I think we had noodles, and needless to say, i slept on the couch.

Best case scenario, i still had rum and ended up landing my spit with two fresh kills to be painted under my canopy ;)